Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
Oh hey, the band got back together!

As much as I love hailing satan, i'm excited for this thread, and really like the effortposts so far.

Also to derail: Is it Classic Comrade who is the sunscreen advocate? I'm trying to get my girlfriend to wear it, but she's kinda a hippie and CHEMICALS! Any suggestions for well made sunscreen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
Someone made a short video about class warfare in the US from 82-present day.

http://i.imgur.com/BnXPW4P.webm

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
So my roommates and I are planning a trip out the Philadelphia for the convention.

Anyone else thinking of going?

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

My Imaginary GF posted:

Purchase me PM's, establish a rapport with me. and see that I am the motherfucking real deal young-gun progressive who gonna get nationwide HSR loving built chooochoooo motherfuckers

I didn't read the whole thread, but did anyone call out MiGF for claiming he could easily raise 500k while asking for someone to pony up :10bux: for PMs?

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

It's a sign, from Satan Birdie

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

but for real, DWS is probably reeeal nervous right about now.

you know there are some nicemeltdown.gifs behind the scenes.

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

Matey posted:

I just spilled like, 20 ounces of a cocktail on my fuckin carpet. It's too late to turn me to turn into a thorium reactor. the fuckin meltdown is like, 3 mile chernobyl fukushima at this point

what the gently caress are you doing with a 20 oz cocktail? Do you live in a tiki bar?

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

Matey posted:

SMOKIN ON THE GAS LIKE CITGO

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

is there a drug war in this thread?

I thought we were about ending the drug war.

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

Nonsense posted:

for a vague sense of bernie thread, go here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3774225&perpage=40&pagenumber=10#pti7

This is for Progressive down-ticket, lege-chat, and petting crows.

Wait, so now I have to read TWO threads on SA?

AND I have to effortpost in one while I shitpost in the other?

Jesus, posts don't grow on trees, son.

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

hemophilia posted:

So my aim by asking people to make a criteria to filter candidates is so that people have a good idea of what to look for in a 'berniecrat'/new progressive/whatever you want to call what's goin on right now.

I think it's important to also distill it down to essential markers because a given candidate is probably not going to be a perfect progressive. A progressive running in Texas may give an order of a magnitude less of a gently caress about the environment than one out of california. Likewise about guns. They may still otherwise be an excellent candidate.

Big red-flags are anti-choice stances, apologia for big business, aversion to taxes, hostility/aversion to LGBTQ issues, that sort of thing.

The more i've thought on it, a list of essential red-flags is a better idea than a model theoretical candidate

Yeah, but we have to be FOR something, not against everything. That's the Republican's job.

I think lower taxes on the poor, higher on the rich, affordable/free education, and healthcare, ending the drug war, and lowering incarceration rates while fighting for infrastructure jobs, and higher wages are all things we can get on board with.

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
Senate Dems holding a filibusterer demanding gun control. Let's see what happens: http://www.nbcnews.com/video/watch-live-senate-dems-hold-filibuster-578880067504

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
All that they're asking is to not let known terrorists buy assault weapons. That is apparently too much for the RNC.

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

I'm baffled why any leftist would support expanding the use of the No Fly List.

They're also talking about putting in place a better system for challenging being placed on a watchlist.

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
Also it's specific to assault rifles. Since reinstating the outright ban is out of the question right now. It's hardly effective or sweeping, and I don't fully support it but it's amazing that we can't even get this done.

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
ideally we could pass something like Australia had successfully done.

http://www.businessinsider.com/australia-gun-control-shootings-2015-10

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

Goetta posted:

Put the better system in first and then talk about using it imo

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
I grew up with guns, I own guns, my dad is a cop, and I've been a hunter my whole life.

We can do something about max shots per second, handguns, and 100 round banana clips.

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

Hajj Podge posted:

gun are bad people are bad keeping two bad things apart is good

Is exactly why I arm my house with automated turrets: keep the human element out.

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
I know this isn't the Bernie thread, but Bernie is about to give a speech on the continuation of progressive politics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzHSNjctOCk

edit: just started!

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
I signed up, y'all.

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Someone in this thread has to actually try to do something other than post :bernget: all the time :v:

When I run, will you buy :freakget:?

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
Consider the AquaAdvantage Salmon: the first GMO animal approved for human consumption. It grows year-round instead of just in the spring and summer, which means that it achieves full size in 16-18 months instead of 3-5 years.

It also eats a lot more. A LOT more.

Right now, this salmon is grown in enclosed farms. You know what else eats enormous amounts of food and was only grown in enclosed farms? Asian carp. The reason I say was is because a flood released them into the public water streams, and is currently threatening the great lakes as massive efforts are underway to prevent them from entering and completely loving poo poo Up for the rest of the lakes, and everything that depends on them.

This is why you should be against GMOs. Health scares aren't only unfounded (as far as research has provided) but also a stupid and wrong loving reason to be against a thing that is actually very bad.

Also, if you don't have a problem with enormous, multi-national corporations owning the patent on the world's food supply, idk what to tell you.

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

docbeard posted:

I'll tell you what. You can have GMO labeling if we also get mandated warning messages on homeopathic substances that say in 24-point text THIS IS LITERALLY JUST WATER IT WILL NOT CURE YOU AT ALL.

I'm for this.

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

EugeneJ posted:

The fact that GMO labeling will become a thing while every vitamin sold in America remains unregulated by the FDA is pretty :laugh:

I'm also for vitamins and all matter of snake oils to be regulated and tested by the FDA.

I'm not sure why we can't have both.

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
Like seriously, why do people think I want both GMO labeling and also be against selective breeding/for homeopathy?

Is this sort of how Democrats hate protesters for blocking traffic and not playing by the democratic process?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

• Locked thread