Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I wish your thread well Classic 'Clown' Comrade. The spirit of Debs lives on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ted Ooze is bad for the average American, keep him contained here in the great poo poo wastes

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I just wanna shitpost about Bernie. I'm sorry, I thought this was America.

I think some Bernie in here is not bad, but poo poo posting must be done in your head now.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Progressives making people pay out the rear end for their reactionary behavior is actually cool and good.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

To be fair nobody is going to give a gently caress about what demographics she didn't get, unless she loses in November.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

:hchatter:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Pet a crow in between working for election stuff

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The genocidal tendencies of Mickey D's!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bernie owns, thus progressives have the potential to own as well.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

logikv9 posted:

if you want a bernie thread you can have one (at least as long as the primary is going on) but that also means that this particular thread has to roughly stay on topic

for a vague sense of bernie thread, go here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3774225&perpage=40&pagenumber=10#pti7

This is for Progressive down-ticket, lege-chat, and petting crows.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Democrats, progressives and otherkin, freak out at atomic power and there a lot who also believe in quackery such as homeopathy, so the answer is "always", but that point is moot since Republicans, evangelical and otherkin, believe that a book from long ago has rules that all humanity should follow and is infallible so eh.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Wrap it up berniebros

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

yoink

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Homework Explainer posted:

i'll be honest, i almost fell asleep a few times when krause came in. but judge was so clipped and unwilling to go into details we had to really stretch to use the full hour with her. it's likely any dem would lose in november, but as i wrote, for any of them to have a chance they'll have to fight. judge didn't fight for the nomination so there's little reason to think she'll be any different in the general

Get a feel for who is actually running things is interesting. Figuring out how to replace them if they're just coasting is another thing.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Classic Comrade posted:

hi again to all thread refugees

There is a thread for the dearly departed candidates now.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

comedyblissoption posted:

when has the 'party platform' meant anything

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

comedyblissoption posted:

when has the 'party platform' meant anything

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Go piss your swill in the other threads.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

empireofcrime posted:

I've been fuming about this poo poo all day. Twitter has become a nightmare shithole of dems parading around their sit-in like they're suddenly heroes and people foaming at the mouth over how courageous they are.

I can promise you that the majority of the country doesn't give a poo poo what these overpaid drones did on an evening they weren't around any coke, booze, and ambiguously youthful pages.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

GlitchThief posted:

That thread baffles me. D&D is all about weird unbelievable nth-dimensional chess "realpolitik" when Democrats do it, but can't seem to even remotely stomach the possibility that a real leftist might want to engage in politics.

because the politics of trying to do things gets in the way of looking like they're doing something.

Nonsense has issued a correction as of 20:29 on Jun 24, 2016

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Good GOod

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

empireofcrime posted:

If there's a circle of Hell where you're forced to eat boiling poo poo for eternity, I hope Yglesias goes there.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

hes part of the if you complain about sweat shops you are problematic crowd.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

http://deadline.com/2016/07/in-search-of-liberty-constitution-movie-shut-down-crew-joins-union-iatse-1201784410/

Don't let tea-party nationalists screw you, screw them.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

obama should resign and live in Missouri.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Obama in SUV

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

beware Obama! Joe Walsh is on the offensive

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I hope Joe Walsh meets Mack Truck

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Vox is the American Guardian.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Free trade, sweat-shops, and Goldman-Sachs.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

XyrlocShammypants posted:

"I just laid down a sick verse about Goldman Sachs, Guccifer2.0 and the Clinton Foundation in 1998, why haven't I been appointed moderator and everyone who opposes my viewpoint just gone to a different forum already? Haven't they felt the hot fire?"

matt yglesias is a piece of poo poo.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Probably, but he's not wrong that people online are trying to invent reality instead of living in it. Reddit is a perfect example, with people separated by forums, with automatic ban systems and mass down-voting keeping opposing views away.

It is a problem, I wouldn't even know how to approach it, because people really love the systems that reddit and imgur and the like have developed.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jimbot posted:

Aren't some college professors actively changing their curriculum because they're afraid of the backlash from students whose views are challenged by it? Or was that just a whole lot of nothing and just "these drat millennials are too hypersensitive!" thing?

I had a mix of conservative and lefty professors, and were mostly unfazed by whatever a hard-right or left student said in class. They'd usually just nod and move on. I only ever had one professor who wanted somebody to shoot Obama. I dropped his class.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

docbeard posted:

It's probably a thing that happened once (because just about everything has happened once, somewhere) and got blown way out of proportion by someone with an axe to grind. As per usual.

I first saw it out of that Religious comic that gets parodied a lot, and has the professor screaming at a kid who defends God in the middle of class, but I know this has been going around for a while in conservative info-dumps.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/abbydphillip/status/755120352498417668

Rip Latino VP

Nonsense has issued a correction as of 20:52 on Jul 18, 2016

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Visible Changes

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

khwarezm posted:

My understanding was that a bunch of Democrats in Florida ended up voting for Bush(quite a lot more than voted for Nader), and a whole lot more just didn't vote at all.

How come that never comes up?

More than a million registered Florida Democrats did not vote at all lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

nightmare stein

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Dante80 posted:

Although I do dislike the guy, this video seems relevant (at least, for the Democratic party).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbgIBqycge0

Cenk called nearly the exact Electoral Vote projection back in July lol

He can be exhausting to put up listening too often times, but he knows what he's talking about.

• Locked thread