Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
this is a real nice safe space you got here

shame if a micro-aggression were to happen to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
Concerned Citizen does not believe there is corruption in politics so it's safe to ignore their every post.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Quiet Feet posted:

Well, I really like HP Lovecraft. But the main thing you have to remember about him is that he once wrote a story where the big reveal at the end was not that the witch character was some kind of immortal quasi-demonic medusa thing, but that she was a black.

the eldritch horrors are literately minorities

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

SneakyFrog posted:

is that a good thing or bad thing in this scenario?

gross

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Classic Comrade posted:

also i think it's a little yikes that we're talking about 'political correctness' wrt a term that is STILL used as a slur, not like some distant-past thing.

it might not be used in your city or state or w/e but it is certainly used in other places.

otoh-- i vaguely remember maybe 'gay' being a slur at some point? -if- that is the case, was 'gay' adopted while it was still being used as a slur?

because if both of those things are true then i'll accept 'queer'. if not tho i'm gonna respect the wishes of those around me. v :) v

gay as a slur was mostly children saying "that's gay (bad)"

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
we uglys are the majority and we will be represented

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Mr. Horrible posted:

Ugh. I just don't see how you can ever use an acronym to describe discrete groups of people when gender and sexuality are both continua.

saga

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
it's that babie's natural right to carry assault weaponry

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
we need to get money out of the teachers union and into the gun ranges so we can teach our babies proper gun saftey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
shoot the authoritarians imo

• Locked thread