Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

My Imaginary GF posted:

MyIGF
He is so loving awesome, brings such energy and vision. Give him some loving money, please! Now! Today!

Come back when you have some yard signs, you loving amateur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Concerned Citizen posted:

patty judge is probably going to win now, actually. imo hogg is better than judge and i will vote for him instead, but dscc is all up judge's butt.

tom fiegen is loving horrible. he isn't really progressive, he just latched on to bernie. he has a pro-life background (which he plays down these days) and literally has been unable to say anything except sexist comments since his wife left him years ago. like in 2010 when he not-so-subtly accused roxanne conlin of having an affair with a lobbyist in the middle of a debate ("she's standing closer to the lobbyist in this photo than her husband..") or when he can't help but suggest that joni ernst won in 2014 because the election was a "beauty contest." he literally personally comments on articles on the des moines register website about rob hogg where he just calls him a corporate shill. and if you've ever seen him speak, he never loving shuts up about gmos and other bullshit.

there is no candidate i hate more than tom fiegen.

Thanks for this. I'd tossed him 5 bucks earlier, now I know better. Judge is awful and Krause is a nonstarter, so I guess that leaves Hogg.

It also looks like Fiegen is going down the Bernie or bust route big time, which is how I feel personally, but I think is an incredibly bad idea for someone running to represent a state that essentially tied.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

My Imaginary GF posted:

I am the motherfucking real deal young-gun progressive who gonna get nationwide HSR loving built chooochoooo motherfuckers

If you do this I will eat an entire Imo's pizza with the toppings of your choice.

E: But you'll have to buy me plat to PM me when you get it done.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
DNC-backed candidate Paddy Judge won the Iowa US Senate nomination tonight with about 47% of the vote, while the Iowa Democratic Party and progressive vote was split among three other candidates. Reminds me of the Pennsylvania primary this year, although I think Judge is much worse than PA's Katie McGinty. I think it also pretty much hands Grassley another 4 years despite his despicable behavior this year.

If the progressive wing wants to have any downticket victories against DNC-backed establishment figures, we're going to have to start coalescing around one challenger, without devolving into the same "you have to vote for the lesser of two evils" talking points / mindset that we're trying to fix upstream. Is that even possible?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Also I promise I know that a Senate term lasts 6 years. Got a little optimistic there, heh.

Another poster mentioned some anti-woman baggage Fiegen has (was and possibly is anti-choice, some sexist comments) but I couldn't find much to corroborate it, also super into anti-gmo. He definitely was passionate about getting the nomination, though. The one other guy was a professor with a bunch of rambling unedited YouTube videos for his positions page. Maybe he's good, I don't know. Either way, when you're not cracking double digits in a four way race and there's a week or two to go, I think some of these candidates should consider bowing out, assuming there's a halfway decent candidate with a chance.

Modus Pwnens has issued a correction as of 11:03 on Jun 8, 2016

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Mr. Horrible posted:

I'm not gonna lie, I'm starting to consider whether it would be easier to whip the Green Party into shape than it would be to reform the Democrats. I was really blindsided by the level of vitriol and anger that cropped up within the base as soon as they were seriously challenged from the left, and coupling that with the corruption does not paint a pretty picture for the party's prognosis.

Yeah, this is kind of where I'm at. I expected a hard fight from the establishment, but a disheartening number of go team D voters revealed themselves to be the socially liberal, fiscally conservative variety. Maybe in 4 or 8 years we can build the actual left, but the boomers aren't going to die off for another 20 years and by then I really do worry it will be too late for any meaningful change.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Breadallelogram posted:

more downticket fundraising from :bernpop:

:coal:

Always happy to support downticket progressives and Bernie's secret independent run ballot petition army.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Much like the idea of solar roadways, blogger journalism continues to be garbage. The actual story is that they're putting in a 12x20 patch of sidewalk near a rest station dedicated to route 66 but not on route 66.

http://www.ky3.com/content/news/Solar-pilot-project-could-pave-way-to-roadways-of-the-future-383470771.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I read a headline somewhere so here's a post based on what I assume the article said. Please share on Twitter so people who read only the title of my post can be outraged about it.

• Locked thread