Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Talk about the dude(s) your team picked.

The Raiders reached imo. Hopefully Joseph can generate a bunch of turnovers in the NFL, otherwise he's probably not going to warrant that draft selection. He's a nasty hitter though, I can't get mad about that. Vintage Raiders pick.

And man, gently caress Laremy Tunsil's life lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Darron Lee was a good pick. Jets need to improve team speed, and he seems like a really versatile player. Also Todd Bowles will make any linebacker good. Thumbs up great work.

(I still sort of wanted Myles Jack, but whatever, I guess his knee is hosed)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Poor Larry Tunsil.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
I am happy the Jets took Lee instead of trying to make Paxton Lynch work. A competent Jets draft pick, I will savor this moment.

(p.s fitz please come back, marshall wants you back, you his bae.)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Wasn't one of the knocks on Apple that he might be rather... effete? :gay: Didn't Amukamura get bullied for the same thing his rookie season?

I think New York has a type. :sissies:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I know this saying gets overused but I'd be interested in the 30 for 30 for this draft sometime down the line

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Great draft love Tunsil amazing value and I am happy with all the first round picks by teams in our division especially New England's

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Conklin was good pick. Paid too much for him and would have rather had tunsil but still a good pick

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Who will rid us of this turbulent Kaep?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Karl is going to turn out to be the best safety in this draft and a pro bowler within three years.

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/725866291626663936?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Arkhams Razor
Jun 10, 2009
Not enthused about Stanley, but at least he can play right away, be it a left tackle/guard depending on how the Monroe situation works out. Hopefully things shake out better over the next two days.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

warcrimes posted:

Karl is going to turn out to be the best safety in this draft and a pro bowler within three years.

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/725866291626663936?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

A reach imo but gently caress I'll take a safety and I didn't really like any of the other players available.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://www.reddit.com/r/NFL_Draft/comments/4b3kv4/karl_joseph_s_west_virginia_5game_breakdown/

Great read

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

quote:

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 31m31 minutes ago
Asked Reggie if he was scrambling to get more info as Tunsil unexpectedly fell: “I was scrambling to get Karl Joseph’s phone number.” Lol

lol

quote:

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 33m33 minutes ago
Reggie had nothing to share on Myles Jack

:smith:

quote:

Sam Farmer ‏@LATimesfarmer 2h2 hours ago
Bumped into Myles Jack earlier and asked him if he has a good feeling about Raiders. He said "Looks like it might go that way."

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
https://twitter.com/eric_d_williams/status/725864584720973824/

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Marvin loving loves corners

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Maybe in the 2nd. :(

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

going all in with carson wentz

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Can someone point me in the direction of some analysis that shows why Darron Lee is good? I watched a couple of his games and it was mostly him standing perfectly still in shallow zones while the game just sort of happened around him. Failing that he was getting blocked out/running himself out of running plays. I saw one good sack from an inside rush but other than that it felt like he wasn't even on the field for long stretches of the game.

Overall feelings on the pick: :geno:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Shaq Lawson seems like he's good and he probably won't hate Rex as much as Mario Williams.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

The Bears pick seems super bad and not smart. I get that we won't be competitive this year but this guy is going to be 24 before the season starts and looks to be 2 years away from being ready. I dunno, lot of question marks in my head.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/GregABedard/status/725889364874645504

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Eli Apple has some potential but I'll defer to what Doltos has to say on him. surprised they didn't gamble and take Myles Jack though, but given that this probably Reese's last chance it makes sense they took someone with a high floor

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

I know it was great value for Miami, but aside from tearing an ACL while shaking Goodells hand this is probably the worst way to start your NFL career

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Fire Dorsey. He needed a QB to replace Smith and he KNEW that Denver needed one too. Package Davis in the trade up if you have to but get the biggest need. Lynch was it. Chiefs now secure in the bottom three of starting QBs in the league.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Alex Smith is going to be better than loving Paxton Lynch next year

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

quote:

Players left in the green room for tomorrow night:

Myles Jack
A'Shawn Robinson
Reggie Ragland
Jarran Reed
Chris Jones
Kevin Dodd

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I am upset

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Goetta posted:

Alex Smith is going to be better than loving Paxton Lynch next year

And every other year

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Packers and Panthers picked solid, safe choices. There are a bunch of cool dudes left for Day 2. I won the Goon Draft Prediction game thing.

A Good Night.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Please let one of Ragland, Jack, and Dodd fall to us.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
fire jerry reese out of a cannon into the hudson river

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I don't think the Bengals are all that confident in either Kirkpatrick or Dennard but Dre could be done in Cincinnati after this year if he wants more than he's shown to be worth so I guess this was sort of good. i dont know

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Wasn't expecting a wr, thought they'd get a DT after Ryan Kelly was drafted, but from what I read doctsun (right?) ID a great red zone threat, so h and Jordan Reed will be pretty cool together

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Nkemdiche gonna own bones

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
loving with a kid's draft status just seems next level malicious to me. Maybe I just don't know how dirty the sports business gets.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
If the Browns don't take spence please draft him Titans

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
lol Elliott, dude doesnt even have abs. Embarrassing. Hope he is out of the league quickly.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Packers picked solidly, filled biggest need with biggest man. Could do anything in the next round, hope some talent slips down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

fsif posted:

Shaq Lawson seems like he's good and he probably won't hate Rex as much as Mario Williams.
Yeah. I was worried they'd do something dumb, but Shaq Lawson fell to them and they did the smart thing. Should solidify the defensive line. If we're lucky, maybe we can get Ragland, Spence or A'Shawn Robinson tomorrow.

• Locked thread