Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
McMagic earlier you posted something positive about Carroo. Want to elaborate on that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Ehud posted:

They traded up for him

And he's not even very good from 40+ heh

But he never misses inside of it!!!11!

I can believe he's better than the kickers we have, but there is no way he is a 3rd and a 4th better. They moved up because they were afraid the Pats would grab him before our next pick. Should have let them have him.

Despite what mentally deficient FSU homers think, this is a lovely lovely stupid move.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

pizza valentine posted:

This had to be Caldwell's question, right?

Dungee

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Brannock posted:

Deep incisive analysis, as usual

he's right tho

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Brannock posted:

Deep incisive analysis, as usual

the USU defense kinda ran through Vigil and he cleaned up a lot of missed tackles from Fackrell

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
I like what the Vikings did on the 2nd day. Alexander was a BPA pick. Very feisty corner who lacks ideal height, but makes up for it with long arms and a good vertical. He didn't have any picks in college, but also played 23 straight games without allowing a TD. He fits Zimmer's style where he plays tight coverage and emphasizes not allowing catches over gambling and going for turnovers. Corner is also a bigger need than some people may realize. Newman will likely be gone in 2017 and Munnerlyn will be a FA, who likely won't be brought back due to the Vikings needing to re-sign Smith and Rhodes. Also, slot corners are on the field 60-70% of the time, so in reality Alexander will be a starter. He projects best in the slot, but once he adds some more strength he can play outside if needed, which gives them insurance if anyone gets hurt. Having 4 good corners is a necessity in today's NFL and the Vikings now have 5. It's the deepest they've ever been at corner and I can't wait to see what Zimmer will do with Alexander.

I really like the trade that Spielman made in the 3rd. They traded their 3rd rounder (86) to Miami for their 6th rounder (186), a 3rd and a 4th in 2017. One thing to keep in mind is that it will be tough for young players to make the Vikings roster this year, but next year they have a lot of potential roster turnover, so having extra picks to provide cheap depth or giving them ammo to move around in the draft is very helpful. If they move on from Kalil for instance, then that gives them the ability to trade up and land an OT. Very nice move and it is nice to see the Vikings thinking ahead with some of their moves.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

holy poo poo this is the best

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Epi Lepi posted:

mentally deficient FSU homers
:smithcloud:

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

tyler boyd is cool. i don't know who the other guy is.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

tyler boyd is cool. i don't know who the other guy is.

his last name is Vigil which is a pretty good name for an ILB imo

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Welp, I'm baffled by the Dolphins. All the players seem perfectly fine, but they gave up a shitton of picks to move up for players they either didn't need or who would've been there anyway.

Also our RB corps is now made of papier mache, which seems like a terrible idea.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Alaois posted:

his last name is Vigil which is a pretty good name for an ILB imo

if pat angerer didn't pan out i don't even know what to think.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Metapod posted:

I wish I could see the world through your eyes

I do think there's a chance (not necessarily a good one, but a chance) that has a career that looks kind of like Bettis. Steelers snark aside that's worth a 2nd.

If he does manage to get going he's pretty fast too, it just takes a while to get there.

e: Oops this is about Derrick Henry

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

shiksa posted:

if pat angerer didn't pan out i don't even know what to think.

but he led the team in tackles! How can you say no to the football equivalent of Kobe Bryant's last game?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jags seem to be drafting OK.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

McMagic earlier you posted something positive about Carroo. Want to elaborate on that?

I've said Carroo was going to be a great pro for years and I wanted the Jets to draft him.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Metapod posted:

Please tell me what you see then... I want hope :negative:

Mariota can just throw him every checkdown and screenpass possible, artificially maneuvering it so that he's put into space without any real linework like Alabama did his first and second years. People think he doesn't catch passes and stuff, but that was only true this year when they were already feeding him 40 carries a game up the middle and had a QB that was terrible in the short game to begin with. Even without stellar line work (and he didn't have any great linemen his final year outside of Ryan Kelly and a gimpy Cam Robinson) any sort of stretch play lets him get going, and in the red zone he's just a goddamned nightmare.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Note for future reference: either close the day 1 draftermath before opening the day 2 1, or just have a single draftermath thread

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

JT Jag posted:

Note for future reference: either close the day 1 draftermath before opening the day 2 1, or just have a single draftermath thread

This sort of thing happens way too often and it's why I always just vote for fewer threads.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

R.D. Mangles posted:

wanted the bears to take a'shawn, but it was much more important to have 10,000 4th round picks

Why do teams do this? By the end of round 3 there's only like 24 players even worth a draft pick.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Aniki posted:

I like what the Vikings did on the 2nd day. Alexander was a BPA pick. Very feisty corner who lacks ideal height, but makes up for it with long arms and a good vertical. He didn't have any picks in college, but also played 23 straight games without allowing a TD. He fits Zimmer's style where he plays tight coverage and emphasizes not allowing catches over gambling and going for turnovers. Corner is also a bigger need than some people may realize. Newman will likely be gone in 2017 and Munnerlyn will be a FA, who likely won't be brought back due to the Vikings needing to re-sign Smith and Rhodes. Also, slot corners are on the field 60-70% of the time, so in reality Alexander will be a starter. He projects best in the slot, but once he adds some more strength he can play outside if needed, which gives them insurance if anyone gets hurt. Having 4 good corners is a necessity in today's NFL and the Vikings now have 5. It's the deepest they've ever been at corner and I can't wait to see what Zimmer will do with Alexander.

I really like the trade that Spielman made in the 3rd. They traded their 3rd rounder (86) to Miami for their 6th rounder (186), a 3rd and a 4th in 2017. One thing to keep in mind is that it will be tough for young players to make the Vikings roster this year, but next year they have a lot of potential roster turnover, so having extra picks to provide cheap depth or giving them ammo to move around in the draft is very helpful. If they move on from Kalil for instance, then that gives them the ability to trade up and land an OT. Very nice move and it is nice to see the Vikings thinking ahead with some of their moves.

Thank you. I was definitely a bit confused by both moves, but did the math on corner age and it made sense. Also assumed that Alexander must have been pretty high up on the Vikings board and represented what they considered to be a steal since he is more depth than need.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Why do teams do this? By the end of round 3 there's only like 24 players even worth a draft pick.

Everyone scouts differently and it's all about who you have left on your board and how they're rated. The Bears probably didn't have A'Shawn rated differently from the mess of other guys they see as being available in a trade down, so they pull the trigger for more chances at a diamond in the rough later.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Raku posted:

Mariota can just throw him every checkdown and screenpass possible, artificially maneuvering it so that he's put into space without any real linework like Alabama did his first and second years. People think he doesn't catch passes and stuff, but that was only true this year when they were already feeding him 40 carries a game up the middle and had a QB that was terrible in the short game to begin with. Even without stellar line work (and he didn't have any great linemen his final year outside of Ryan Kelly and a gimpy Cam Robinson) any sort of stretch play lets him get going, and in the red zone he's just a goddamned nightmare.

Thank you for this in these stressful times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I guarantee the Rams took 0 draft busts on day two.

• Locked thread