Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
I think the standard way is just cooking the curry down. Mashed lentils, chickpea flour (northern) and rice flour (southern) are common thickeners too, but usually simmered longer = better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
idk how red it would make your vindaloo, but kashmiri chili powder is used in India to give foods colour. It's hot but not hot hot hot

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

Orange Somen posted:

I bought a thing of whole pigeon peas instead of split. Suggestions? I went ahead and made sambar with it already but would like more ideas.

They're traditional in Caribbean rice & peas. So go nuts with the allspice and chili and coconut milk

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

well there's kalari, but generally speaking it's both harder and less rewarding to make cheese in those conditions. Do you want to eat some heavy-rear end mozzarella with the 120° sun beating down on you, surrounded by 8.2 trillion other humans?

Mozzarella is from Southern Italy, and afaicr not very heavy. Weird post