Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I'm still going through the backlog however, I have always wondered if there are certain flavor pairings in curry which are mostly accepted, or anything to work off of along those lines? One of my most valuable cooking resource as I learned western/american cooking was a spice rack with a list of which spices you ought to have on hand, and what you want to be thinking about using them for.

I've had some great curries with fruits of different kinds for instance, and have personally had a lot of success with potatoes in a curry as well, I'm just not sure if there's some sort of rule of thumb or reference, for instance - if I've got a duck, versus lean pork, versus some fatty red meat, would I have a preference toward a certain color or something, etc etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Is there any sort of curry to make with spaghetti squash? I've got one
I need to use, and my wife doesn't like it used as a pasta substitute. I'm just feeling like it would be weird considering its tendency to go into strands.
something like a singapore noodle curry with vermicilli noodles would probably work, just sub the squash for vermicelli. You likely do not want to skip the egg though because I imagine the proteins would help the squash retain texture instead of possibly breaking down a little.

It's also my favorite yellow curry

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

CommonShore posted:

I'm making a home-brew slow cooker lamb palak tomorrow - I consulted a few recipes and I tossed chopped lamb, spinach, ginger, coriander, chili powder, garlic, browned onions, turmeric, and yogurt into the slow cooker. It's in the fridge now, and I'll put it on low for 8h tomorrow.

Wish me luck :v:!
I am probably entirely stupid however - yogurt for 8 hours? I've always been taught that you marinade in the lactic stuff, or add it at the last possible point before serving.