Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Just posting to say that Kedgeree is loving awesome, and incredible comfort food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

CommonShore posted:

:justpost:

I'm going to start getting my curry on again soon now that I'm settled into my new place and my BBQ season is more or less over.

Made a Lamb sagwalla with the probably screligious but entirely delicius addition of aubergines last night.

Going to be eating this for a week.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

So I made Goan pork Vindaloo last night. really can't recommend it enough for a warm winter meal over some fluffy basmati.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

I've just seen this post months later, eep! I'll dig up the recipe for you ASAP

edit: Here it is https://www.harighotra.co.uk/indian-recipes/courses/mains/pork-vindaloo Personally I like the potatoes in there as well.

Spuckuk fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jan 22, 2018

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

SeaWolf posted:

Heh I wasn't running out to get goat. Hell I don't even know where I'd be able to get goat in my area.
But I can get lamb easy enough and I've been eyeing some rogan josh recipes for a while now. Has to be tasty, it has my name in it!

Honestly for most Indian recipes Lamb is probably right.

I'd highly recommend checking out some Goan fish curry and Vindaloo recipes though, especially if you've only tried the generally lackluster restaurant versions.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Saffron for a Biryani, should I be looking for Kashmiri saffron? I couldn't find any at the Indian market or at Penzy's, should I just try my chances on Amazon?

I did try some Spanish saffron previously and it uh... didn't taste real good.

If you bought cheap saffron it was almost certainly fake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Saffron for a Biryani, should I be looking for Kashmiri saffron? I couldn't find any at the Indian market or at Penzy's, should I just try my chances on Amazon?

I did try some Spanish saffron previously and it uh... didn't taste real good.

dunno where you are in the world, but these guys near me are legit:

http://www.cheshiresaffron.co.uk/