Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Anyone got a potato, green bean and coconut curry? My mum makes it and it's really thick and creamy and just tastes delicious.

Every time I ask her for a recipe, she forgets to send me it. I've been asking her for months. Recipes I've found online don't click well with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qubee
May 31, 2013

those videos are soul nourishing, wow

Qubee
May 31, 2013

In fairness, goat has a very distinctive flavour, I personally don't like it.

as for other recipes, lamb rogan josh is pretty amazing. I've also been loving keema too, it's so simple to make but tastes incredible and really makes huge portions with barely any effort.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

my mum used to make chapati at home and it was really good (imo), but I was 10-14 years old so I can't remember if it was as amazing as I think it was. not as thick or chewy as naan, but it had the same taste and was super simple to make.

she'd buy the chapati flour and have chapati's flying out the kitchen in about 30 minutes, she'd just fry them in a pan. potentially worth thinking about if naan doesn't turn out very nice if you don't have an official tandoor.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

goan fish curry will forever change your life and raise your standards for flavour and yumminess of food, full stop.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

fr0id posted:

Need a link to a good recipe, thank you. First thing I found on google called for low-fat cooking spray and I immediately clicked out. I don’t know a good general source for Indian recipes if you could help with that too

it was in a recipe book my mum made, but it's been so long I can't remember if I made it myself or if I ate it whilst I was visiting family.

my mum has tonnes of old indian cookbooks, I'd ask her to take a photo of it but every time I ask for recipe photos, she either forgets or doesn't know how to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qubee
May 31, 2013

PSA: don't cook meat straight out the fridge. I forgot it turns it to rubber, and my bolognese is tough and awful. quickly wanted to make dinner as it was getting late, didn't give the minced meat enough time to hit room temp.