Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/user/FoodFoodindia

Most of it is in Hindi, but the ingredients are translated. They do recipes from a few areas of India as far as I can tell, and there are non-veg recipes too. Production quality is decent enough where it's not too annoying to watch or listen to it.

I've made a couple things and picked up a couple of techniques by watching how they do things. So it's worth it for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

poverty goat posted:

Approximately where would this vindaloo (from 660 curries) fall on the indian restaurant ordering hotness scale?

It will depend entirely on the heat of the peppers you use. It's otherwise not hot. Cayenne are your mild option there, and the Thai peppers are going to be hotter. Out of 5 it will probably be anywhere from 2-4, but if you're worried about heat, guess 3-4. Should taste pretty good, that's a decent marinade.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

silvergoose posted:

Uggggh yeah probably. Already have the seeds. I have a blade grinder I've stopped using for coffee, is that good enough, or are there specific recommendations?

That works for me. You can run some rice through the blade grinder to help clean the coffee out of the crevasses.