Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

paraquat posted:

Oke, will do

I did try this before and i have all this stuff around all the time, except for the Indian chili powder, I guess....(I used cayenne peppers for this)
It's just that it always ends up tasting bland. perhaps I shouldn't add coconut oil or liquid at all, ha!

But yeah, I'll give it another go, thanks!

SALT. Did you salt it enough? Even though there's a bunch of spices, you still need salt. That jar you used has shittons of salt in it. Also, you may have needed to use more spices. Adding liquid shouldn't matter if it's properly seasoned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Ranter posted:

Aside from Tikka Masala, are there any other British inventions attributed as Indian but not technically authentic that people really like eating? Wondering if there's other dishes I'm not getting access to in the USA. Tikka Masala is the only thing I know of.

Are you saying your Indian restaurants don't have chicken tikka masala? Because pretty much every one I know of here (WI) does.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

edit: nevermind

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Mike Danger posted:

This is probably a heretical question but: are there any brands of prepackaged naan to look for? Every one I've tried from a store has been really "bready".

Trader Joe's frozen garlic naan is delicious and has nice char spots.