Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Y-Hat posted:

I'm moving to a neighborhood with a large Bangladeshi population, and there are a couple of South Asian grocers as a result, so I might as well get started on some recipes to make. Are there any good YouTube channels focused on Indian food? I'm already subscribed to Nisha Madhulika but it always helps to have more.

the undisputed master of Indian food is Sanjeev Kapoor, who has a brand called Khana Khazana. Think of him as India's Emmerill (the guy who goes BAM! on American cooking shows, I forget his name), except he has tons of skill and cooking credibility (I've heard the Emerill guy is actually an average chef as far as famous chefs go)

I think he has youtubes, he has his own shows on Indian televisions. His butter chicken recipe is the best you can find. My mom (I'm Indian) uses his recipe instead of my grandmas lol

edit: I just checked and he has tons of videos on Youtube, just search for his name or Khana Khazana (his name is pretty common)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Yep, although I did forget the show is in Hindi...I bet there are subtitles out there

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
It's some sort of modern stovetop Tandoor oven

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Mike Danger posted:

This is probably a heretical question but: are there any brands of prepackaged naan to look for? Every one I've tried from a store has been really "bready".

I get the ones in the red bag (brand: Deep) but I assume they are probably one of the bready ones

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Mangaloru buns. It's not exactly from Kerala but very close by. There's lots of recipes on the internet, I have never made them but my wife and mother in law make them a lot and they are very good