Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.

Grand Fromage posted:

You are semi-mistaken. Whole canned tomatoes break down fine and are what you should be using most of the time if you're cooking tomatoes and don't have access to fresh in season ones. Diced ones do have a chemical added to keep them firmer so don't use those.

Calcium chloride will show up in the ingredients, and cans of whole tomatoes sometimes have it too. It's very annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I want to make Kheer. Does anyone have a good recipe for that?

I've made kheer and liked the results, using http://www.manjulaskitchen.com/kheer-rice-pudding/ as a reference. Good cardamom and basmati rice helped. I think I added some raisins. And if you have powdered milk, save yourself some time by cutting the milk by a quarter or so and substituting an equivalent amount of powder after the rice is cooked. Maybe there's a good conversion with evaporated milk too. Sitting around stirring a pot for an hour isn't my first choice!