Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Chapati and paratha are the best. Way better than naan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Squashy Nipples posted:

In my pile of random crap in the basement, I have pan with that exact shape, except it's heavy aluminum. Plain anodized surface, no non-stick. No idea what its for, or where it came from.

I'm consistently shocked by how many white people in the Boston area are scared of Indian food and refuse to try it. I just don't get it, we have some of the best Indian restaurants and markets in the whole USA. We have such good options!

An Indian friend of mine told me this story: she travels to India 2-3 times a year for business, and her grandmother was always sending her a list of spices and dry goods to bring back. She hated this, as it interfered with getting work done. Finally, when Apna Bazar opened in Norwood, she took her grandmother there, and that was the end of bringing stuff back from India. Her grandmother agreed that the selection, prices, and freshness was actually better then most of what she used to source from the India.

The place in Waltham has consistently been amazing for spices, too.

And, agreed, there's a ton of good indian places near us!

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Get an instant pot, everything will take much less time to cook.

I'm serious, there's a couple Indian instant pot recipe books, too. Made chicken Tikka masala and aloo saag last week in it.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

CommonShore posted:

The instant pot is a better use of counter space than a toaster or slow cooker :colbert:

We use our electric kettle more but no other appliance comes close to the IP.

Aaaanyway, I would make a thai curry instead to be perfectly honest, coconut milk and good curry paste can just simmer for a while and then toss some veg in and done. I found indian curries to just take a long time to come together. Again, until we got our ip.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

loving hell, that sounds incredible.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

ChickenWing posted:

Aloo Gobi is also delicious, although my decidedly non-vegetarian programming is incapable of seeing it as anything other than a side

Other than dishes involving paneer, aloo gobi is probably my favorite vegetarian dish out there.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

We're out of coriander powder gently caress

Time to go buy some replacement big bags of spices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Uggggh yeah probably. Already have the seeds. I have a blade grinder I've stopped using for coffee, is that good enough, or are there specific recommendations?