Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

No really, the Buccaneers traded up for a kicker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bears draft looks like a loving disaster, only way to salvage it is to somehow find a way to draft kyle orton again

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
How could someone look at their draft board and their roster and then pick a kicker in the second round?!!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

THE LEGEND OF MIKE NUGENT

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Somewhere Connor Cook is crying his heart out.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Really loved the Colts first pick, but the second and third today gave me some pause.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I am glad that the Chiefs were willing to take one for the team, so we could laugh at the Buccaneers.

Dorsey must care about laughter from trades more than compensation. :shobon:

The Chiefs have actually done okay'ish. It helps they addressed the more pressing needs on Defense and have 3 choices in the next round, where they will hopefully finally take some offense. Not a great job getting ideal compensation on the trades, though.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also I got a little bored during the draft because the NFLN announcers are terrible, so in continuing the AV discussion, I plotted out the total AV per draft class for the AFC East since 2000:

I might do some more tomorrow, but it's a bit tighter then I thought it'd be.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Excited about the Saints picks tonight. We still really need a guard. Anyone want CJ Spiller?

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
gently caress John Dorsey.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I also got a really bad feeling that Reid takes the Douchebag.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

johnfw50 posted:

Somewhere Connor Cook is crying his heart out.

somewhere daltos is smug oh wait thats here

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Kalli posted:

No really, the Buccaneers traded up for a kicker.

The best one in history :smug:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Browns didn't pick anyone I particularly like, but didn't pick Connor Cook. I'm ok with this result.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Really like what the Seahawks are doing so far, they didn't overthink things or try to get cute, just hit their immediate needs one by one. Thumbs up.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Browns figured it was a good idea to take a QB who had experience with horrible broken organizations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
the draft today made me happy

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Titans first two picks today were 🔥🔥🔥

Their third was 💩

And their final was 👽

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Was the gently caress was the Raiders 2nd round pick

Even the third round pick is better

quote:

13 (44). Oakland Raiders: Jihad Ward | Grade: D+
With a number of better interior defensive line options on the board, the Raiders go with Ward, who projects as a two-down player. He moved around the Illinois defensive line, finishing with the 69th-best overall grade among edge defenders in the class providing very little as a pass rusher (-0.3, 100th in class).

quote:

4. Raiders: Jihad Ward, DE, Illinois
The grading doesn’t support Ward being a second-round pick — at all. He posted a slightly negative pass-rushing grade last season. With as little experience as Ward has playing high-level football, however, and with the frame he has, we could have gotten on board with the pick if he was also a good athlete. But he’s actually a below-average athlete, after posting a 25-inch vertical and a 5.11-second 40-yard dash at 297 pounds. At that point it’s difficult to see the upside. At the Senior Bowl he only posted a 42 percent win percentage in the pass-rushing one-on-one drills, the third-worst rate of any defensive end there.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Miami drafting Leonte Caroo still has me :psyberger:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Probably my favorite draft ever as a Bills fan. I would have been happy with Ragland in the first round and the draft nerds I've read seem really high on Adolphus, too. Put up or shut up time for Rex.

And Hackenberg to the Jets was cool, too.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
The Browns have 8 loving picks tomorrow, including the first 2.

Supposedly the whole "analytics" thing should be getting value out of these late round picks right?

Right?

On a serious note, I am happy overall with this draft. Not really a fan of this Kessler pick, but other than that so far, all solid guys at positions of need. If we can get a little value out of these last few rounds, this should be a good first draft for the new Front Office.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Blitz7x posted:

Was the gently caress was the Raiders 2nd round pick

Even the third round pick is better

just wait until the Holy Ward puts a jihad on the afcw

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Is Connor Cook really that much of an rear end in a top hat

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

R.D. Mangles posted:

bears draft looks like a loving disaster, only way to salvage it is to somehow find a way to draft kyle orton again

I wasn't a huge fan of trading up for Floyd, but I like what Pace did today, getting two good options in the trenches and getting more picks in the process.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

fsif posted:

And Hackenberg to the Jets was cool, too.

I like the Jets way better under Bowles and no Sanchez so it's gonna hurt seeing hack sabotage them for years

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

yes

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Go Bucs. Go Aguayo.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

DariusLikewise posted:

only logical strategy is for the bears to draft him and let cutler mentor him

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

DariusLikewise posted:

Yes.

Also congrats to the jets for taking Josh Rosen 1st overall in 2018

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

DariusLikewise posted:

Bucky Brooks relayed a story about how much scouts hated JP Losman because he was a self-important douche coming out of Tulane, and intimated there was another quarterback in this draft with similar character concerns.

I have this theory…

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

The Jets drafted Hackenberg when I wanted Su'a Cravens, then they drafted a LB in the 3rd just to rub salt in the wound. I've watched some of Hackenberg's games to start talking myself into this and he's just loving awful. Sure, his oline is letting him get hit by 3+ defenders on half the passing downs and his receivers drop every other pass, but he's doing them no favors by throwing everything super high and super hard even if its a simple screen to the RB. You'd think maybe with his strong arm he'd be good down the field but he throws like 12 bombs a game and connects on 1 of them. He doesn't seem even remotely aware of any defender that isn't directly between him and the receiver so he's drat easy to trick into throwing a pick. His footwork is so bad that even I noticed it and I don't pay attention to that poo poo. And worst of all, because he was drafted so high this FO won't give up on him for 3-4 years so we're hosed for the last few years of Mangold and Marshall's careers.

TL:DR he's loving awful and I'm upset. The linebacker looks ok though he makes me pine for Cravens.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Apr 30, 2016

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

R.D. Mangles posted:

only logical strategy is for the bears to draft him and let cutler mentor him

It's like poetry, it rhymes.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Connor cook is good.

Lions made a good pick and a bad one. Can't wait to combo up all of the bad former Big Ten offensive linemen and watch Staff get sacked 50 times this year

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
trying to figure out how to get GOAT into Brisset's name

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Metapod posted:

Titans first two picks today were 🔥🔥🔥

Their third was 💩

And their final was 👽

idk i think i'm talking myself into Henry. We only have a one year rental of Demarco Murray and if Derrick is even a little productive he'll be a massive improvement over busted rear end Dexter and Fumbles

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Browns draft was looking real good until they hosed it up with the trade/Kessler pick. I would not be nearly as disappointed, but the Browns watched tons of talent walk in free agency and decided what the team was missing was a third string QB.

They better hit on that end of the 4th round pick, because otherwise they gave up great talent at positions of need for garbage.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Kalli posted:

Also I got a little bored during the draft because the NFLN announcers are terrible, so in continuing the AV discussion, I plotted out the total AV per draft class for the AFC East since 2000:

I might do some more tomorrow, but it's a bit tighter then I thought it'd be.
Have they improved the formula for AV? Does it still spit out really stupid results that call the whole idea into question?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The Browns picked some guys I guess. Let's hope.

I'd have gone differently and so I am not an NFL drafter person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I will forgive John Dorsey if he turns all this trade down bullshit into Pharoh Cooper, Evan Boehm and Kevin Hogan in the 4th.

• Locked thread