Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://twitter.com/Jimmy_Durkin/status/726544779161395200

awkwaaard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

LiquidFriend posted:

So lets see:
-Had dick fall out at combine
-Suspended a year for cheating
-Suspended 4 times
-Punched and strangled pregnant GF
-Hit a ref

What a loving draft KC.

I love it, we have been a soft team with quiet stars like Hali and Houston and Charles who never talk poo poo. With Peters last year now these guys we are drafting assholes and every team needs a few

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

still laughing that the jets drafted hackenberg

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Pron on VHS posted:

I love it, we have been a soft team with quiet stars like Hali and Houston and Charles who never talk poo poo. With Peters last year now these guys we are drafting assholes and every team needs a few
I could of done without the pregnant woman assaulter.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Pron on VHS posted:

Yeah real fun to have a violent psychopath on the team. gently caress this.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pron on VHS posted:

I'm actually fine with all of that other than the DV one (which is just...really tone deaf), but I'd feel better about it if Ehud liked the constantly suspended receiver from Florida. Well maybe the hit a ref guy went a little too far--I don't even know, which one was that?

I talked myself into really liking the guy who's dick fell out, although part of that is because PFF loves him which means nothing.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Grittybeard posted:

I'm actually fine with all of that other than the DV one (which is just...really tone deaf), but I'd feel better about it if Ehud liked the constantly suspended receiver from Florida. Well maybe the hit a ref guy went a little too far--I don't even know, which one was that?

I talked myself into really liking the guy who's dick fell out, although part of that is because PFF loves him which means nothing.

Yeah DV is too far but hitting a ref, choking a coach etc...it's good for the locker room

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

A few years ago panthers fans went nuts because gettleman went DT DT in the first two rounds. Those two players were star and short.

Now he's gone CB in the second, third, and fifth.

Interesting guy.

I like seeing my strategy of "just draft every dude at a position of need every round" being used in real life.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Grittybeard posted:

Robinson is super talented

I just don't think he cares that much about being good :-/

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Jones is a good player but we'll see if the pill addict can coach him up. Real surprised they passed on CB/WR there.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Much happier with days 1 and 2 then 3, but I'll defer to the Saints. Only five picks this year. Better get the UDFAs.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Dorsey and Reid failed horribly on this draft. Reaches and bad trades. Tyreek Hill isn't even a name that came up with anyone else. gently caress those two assholes and gently caress this team if that's who you're going to draft.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

People in KC are rather angry about the Chiefs drafting Tyreek Hill.

Blaming the victim in an interview cut short hasn't really helped his case, either.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Reposting my thoughts from the GDT. Looking at it again, my grades seem optimistic but I shall not fall to pessimism!

quote:

Good overall. 2nd pick is a high upside boom/bust type but there's a good chance the others are eventually on the final roster. Addressed safety depth and offensive holes. Could have done better with DE and offensive line. I want to emphasize that most of the picks will be on the roster because they are filling in holes where the team is truly, utterly bad (guard, safety depth, RB, QB, non-existent fullback). Don't know enough about Goatse to say whether he has a chance of climbing the depth chart right away.

edit:

quick ratings

Rd 1. Paxton Lynch, QB - A+, good trade up to snipe him without overdrafting him too much. Will probably start this season. Hopefully he learns from Sanchez's failures.
Rd 2. Adam Goatse Gotsis, DT/DE - D-, the only reason he's not an F is because he's Australian
Rd 3. Justin Simmons, S - A, will be good depth behind Stewart and Ward. Very likely on the roster when the season starts.
Rd 4. Devontae Booker, RB - C+, Great RB who can compliment CJ well. I'm docking him because he's a little rough around the edges (receiving/blocking) and we just resigned Hillman
Rd 5. Connor McGovern, G - B, great run blocker but not so great pass blocker. Can play guard or tackle. Hopefully this spells the end of Schofield, who is the absolute worst
Rd 6. Andy Janovich, FB - A, pure old school fullback. Should open up holes for CJ and allow for silly TD pass to the FB type plays.
Rd 6. Will Parks, S, - B, another safety backup. Good chance of making the roster because most of the backups are bad.
Rd 7. Riley Dixon, P - A, - it is not possible to waste a 7th rounder. Could probably be a cap space move since he'd be cheap as hell

also,

R.D. Mangles posted:

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Pron on VHS posted:

Sort of agree.

LiquidFriend posted:

I could of done without the pregnant woman assaulter.

Sort of agree.

Parmesan Basil posted:

Yeah real fun to have a violent psychopath on the team. gently caress this.

Sort of agree.

Parmesan Basil posted:

Dorsey and Reid failed horribly on this draft. Reaches and bad trades. Tyreek Hill isn't even a name that came up with anyone else. gently caress those two assholes and gently caress this team if that's who you're going to draft.

It was definitely a draft used to build depth and I expect little to no impact from any of these guys the first year. Our first pick will probably be switching out with Poe to keep him rested.

BTW, I was sort of expecting Sean Smith to go but I'll definitely start to turn sour on Dorsey if they let Poe walk.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--agreed about the Poe thing, we know as Chiefs fans you can't just find those guys very easily after missing on something like 5 of them in a row.

LiquidFriend posted:

People in KC are rather angry about the Chiefs drafting Tyreek Hill.

Blaming the victim in an interview cut short hasn't really helped his case, either.

Yeah I went out to run some errands and against my better judgment listened to sports talk radio. I was surprised at how every single person who called in was against the pick, I figured there would be some blowhards automatically blaming the girl.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I think I would of liked this draft a whole lot more if the Chiefs were still rebuilding from the Pioli disaster...so about 2 years ago. Oh, and if Dorsey were capable of getting good trade value.

I felt going in they had a few holes and were an AFC Championship contending squad. Their window is significantly short and they should of done some moving up to fill those holes to get their run going.

Our best rookie contributor just might be our new DV return guy. gently caress.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

The only downside is that the pick is so obviously bad that there is no Jets homer here defending it

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

fsif posted:

The only downside is that the pick is so obviously bad that there is no Jets homer here defending it

I got you.

https://vine.co/v/iPIZF6QPLHZ

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Very happy with the Chargers draft, save for the lack of a safety choice. Maybe they're planning on playing Hayward at FS and roll with Verrett/Flowers/Mager at CB or something.. I hope at least. By and large, though, Telesco addressed the biggest areas of need on the roster with players that look like they can contribute immediately. I liked drafting those two LBs in the middle/late rounds for depth/ST also. Not thrilled they drafted Derek Watt, but it's a 6th so whatever.

Basically I feel the opposite about this draft that I did about last year's.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/DoubleEmMartin/status/726523443194155008

That explains why the Saints traded up to get him.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Watching some of Kevin Hogan's games on yt and I think I like him. His noodle arm is a big red flag though, hopefully it can be fixed.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Chromatic posted:

Watching some of Kevin Hogan's games on yt and I think I like him. His noodle arm is a big red flag though, hopefully it can be fixed.

MUST IMPROVE: Body Clock

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The two players who will start for Miami are most likely Tunsil and Carroo. Howard has so many question marks

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

That's two years in a row the Saints have drafted someone from Canada, isn't it?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Happy the Colts spent 4 of 8 picks on OL. Maybe that can finally be set for the first time since 2006.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe

Interesting since that's when Ted finally took an ILB.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Here's my grades for all 32 drafts.

Bills good
Dolphins ok
Patriots pretty good
Jets what the hell? Hahaha hahaha
Ravens really good
Bengals good
Browns congrats on your future picks
Steelers eh
Texans mixed
Colts pretty good
Jaguar holy poo poo you killed it
Titans saved the best for last
Broncos lol
Chiefs ok
Raiders ok
Chargers really good
Cowboys good
Giants got better as it went
Eagles pretty good
Washington good
Bears good
Lions good
Packers good
Vikings really good
Falcon ok
Panthers eh
Saints good
Bucs goo...wait, is that a kicker?
Cardinals eh
Rams really good
49ers ok
Seahawks mixed

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

OSheaman posted:

Interesting since that's when Ted finally took an ILB.

I think Ted operates on the theory that excellent DTs/NTs enable good ILB play

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe

Brannock posted:

Hopefully one of them teaches Jake Ryan how to tackle.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

A.o.D. posted:

That's two years in a row the Saints have drafted someone from Canada, isn't it?

Akiem Hicks was drafted in 2012, but don't forget last year's Canadian superstar Delvin Breaux.

He got better. :)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

Akiem Hicks was drafted in 2012, but don't forget last year's Canadian superstar Delvin Breaux.

He got better. :)

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Brannock posted:

There was an article about this a couple weeks ago. Reggie McKenzie subscribes to this philosophy also, much to the consternation of Raider goons.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

warcrimes posted:

There was an article about this a couple weeks ago. Reggie McKenzie subscribes to this philosophy also, much to the consternation of Raider goons.

Isn't that the point of a NT in a 3-4? To just eat up blockers so that the ILBs can roam free and make plays on the ball?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

OxySnake posted:

Isn't that the point of a NT in a 3-4? To just eat up blockers so that the ILBs can roam free and make plays on the ball?

Depends on the specific 3-4, but it can be the point of the entire defensive line (DE-NT-DE) to do that for all the linebackers.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Kaepernick, Blaine Gabbert and Driskel is a really lovely depth chart lol

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

LiquidFriend posted:

It sure is, friend. Thanks for pointing it out!

Edit: You're forgetting Thad Lewis, legitimate contender for the starting QB position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

LiquidFriend posted:

We almost had Geno, Petty, Hackenberg, Foles

• Locked thread