Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The entire Steelers draft is nothing but high SPARQ score guys who are raw with the ever amorphous "high upside". Hope all of this gambling with what amounts to the ancient Al Davis "speed kills" philosophy pays off in what amounts to the last few years of peak Roethlisberger.

Side eyes emoji

The Chiefs seem to be doing this too, although maybe a little more positionally. And with the questionable character stuff thrown in. Strong guy with motor problems who looks great when he bothers to play, athletic WR who doesn't really play the position well and who got suspended four separate times at Florida (Florida!), then of course the track star guy who might be a hell of a player but plead guilty to punching and choking his girlfriend in September of last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pron on VHS posted:

I love it, we have been a soft team with quiet stars like Hali and Houston and Charles who never talk poo poo. With Peters last year now these guys we are drafting assholes and every team needs a few

I'm actually fine with all of that other than the DV one (which is just...really tone deaf), but I'd feel better about it if Ehud liked the constantly suspended receiver from Florida. Well maybe the hit a ref guy went a little too far--I don't even know, which one was that?

I talked myself into really liking the guy who's dick fell out, although part of that is because PFF loves him which means nothing.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--agreed about the Poe thing, we know as Chiefs fans you can't just find those guys very easily after missing on something like 5 of them in a row.

LiquidFriend posted:

People in KC are rather angry about the Chiefs drafting Tyreek Hill.

Blaming the victim in an interview cut short hasn't really helped his case, either.

Yeah I went out to run some errands and against my better judgment listened to sports talk radio. I was surprised at how every single person who called in was against the pick, I figured there would be some blowhards automatically blaming the girl.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--was writing this when you posted. Yeah kinda my take on things too. He seems as regretful as Frank Clark does. Or that Notre Dame linebacker who's already flushed out for torturing dogs or whatever it was.

warcrimes posted:

I love the tone deafness of the organization that just a few years ago had a dude murder his wife then shoot himself at the stadium. There is no other team in the league that should be avoiding DV guys more than KC.

Dorsey ran the pick by Clark Hunt before he made it, so we have to assume Clark was ok with this.

I'm sure they'll claim they did their homework and he's a changed man and blah blah, but when Hill's first comment on why he won't get in trouble again is "I'll pick better friends," well, uh. Ok then. I'm sure you've fully accepted your part in things.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Metapod posted:

Hill barring whether or not he continues being a piece of poo poo will be a better Dante Hall

Because he might be a real WR as well as a returner? Because saying he'll be a better returner is...kind of insane.

• Locked thread