Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I am glad that the Chiefs were willing to take one for the team, so we could laugh at the Buccaneers.

Dorsey must care about laughter from trades more than compensation. :shobon:

The Chiefs have actually done okay'ish. It helps they addressed the more pressing needs on Defense and have 3 choices in the next round, where they will hopefully finally take some offense. Not a great job getting ideal compensation on the trades, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I also got a really bad feeling that Reid takes the Douchebag.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

Is Connor Cook really that much of an rear end in a top hat
yes

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I will forgive John Dorsey if he turns all this trade down bullshit into Pharoh Cooper, Evan Boehm and Kevin Hogan in the 4th.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

Really hope the Raiders can grab an MLB like Kentrell Brothers or an RB like Kenneth Dixon tomorrow!
Please no. I want to keep liking Brothers.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I'm not that pumped about the Jaguars taking Jack. Dude had good film and all but I think that knee derails him like it did to uh...Bowers I think it was.

Ramsey was pretty good though.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

So lets see:
-Had dick fall out at combine
-Suspended a year for cheating
-Suspended 4 times
-Punched and strangled pregnant GF
-Hit a ref

What a loving draft KC.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Pron on VHS posted:

I love it, we have been a soft team with quiet stars like Hali and Houston and Charles who never talk poo poo. With Peters last year now these guys we are drafting assholes and every team needs a few
I could of done without the pregnant woman assaulter.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I'm actually fine with all of that other than the DV one (which is just...really tone deaf), but I'd feel better about it if Ehud liked the constantly suspended receiver from Florida. Well maybe the hit a ref guy went a little too far--I don't even know, which one was that?

I talked myself into really liking the guy who's dick fell out, although part of that is because PFF loves him which means nothing.
Jones is a good player but we'll see if the pill addict can coach him up. Real surprised they passed on CB/WR there.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

People in KC are rather angry about the Chiefs drafting Tyreek Hill.

Blaming the victim in an interview cut short hasn't really helped his case, either.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I think I would of liked this draft a whole lot more if the Chiefs were still rebuilding from the Pioli disaster...so about 2 years ago. Oh, and if Dorsey were capable of getting good trade value.

I felt going in they had a few holes and were an AFC Championship contending squad. Their window is significantly short and they should of done some moving up to fill those holes to get their run going.

Our best rookie contributor just might be our new DV return guy. gently caress.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Kaepernick, Blaine Gabbert and Driskel is a really lovely depth chart lol

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

We almost had Geno, Petty, Hackenberg, Foles
I stubbornly believe the Jets made their rotation bad to tank for a good QB. Chip probably thinks he can win with his.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Intruder posted:

My favorite thing about the Tyreek Hill pick is that I'm reading this long diatribe from a 76 year old Chiefs fan who is completely convinced that the girlfriend faked it and the police doctored the photos

e: Oooh I love this one

e2: There's a disturbing amount of justification going on here. "He plead not guilty at first before taking a deal", "She hit him first", "We weren't there so we don't know what happened", "How do we know she's not crazy and faking it", etc

And plenty of "lol at you SJWs" and good old fashioned "I don't care as long as he's good"
At first I was kinda glad that people were angry about the pick entirely. Than something happened overnight and the white knights emerged the next day.

Chiefs fans are awful.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Oh no, I'm sure the majoroty of Chiefs fans thought, "the bitch had it coming"

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I don't mind the Chiefs taking a chance on a dude.

The issue is they're telling everyone to trust them on this because they did their homework. Unless they were looking to see if he was a piece of poo poo that didn't learn his lesson, than they failed that homework real bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

fsif posted:

Well yeah, I get that, but if you poll people that follow the NFL about which team can least afford to be associated with a rookie with a bad history of domestic violence, I'm sure the Ravens or the Cowboys would top the list.

I'm just trying to say that DV is so ubiquitous in the NFL that it doesn't matter which team drafts the monster. Jovan Belcher is somehow already a footnote.
I don't think the Belcher thing is a footnote by any means, but I'm sure the NFL wishes the whole thing will go away forever because god drat they do not want to discuss it and CTE possibly having a role.

• Locked thread