Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i would put condoms in lootcrates as a joke, and maybe some free prescription drug sample offers like for paxil and poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I used to get Kona Kase because I didn't know what kind of healthy snacks to buy when I first started running a lot. About half of what they sent was weird and gross.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Sperghetti posted:

My girlfriend bought me a loot crate subscription for Christmas and it was really hard to hide how pissed I was. what should I buy her for her birthday coming up as subtle retaliation?

huge monthly tampon box with her name spraypainted on it in hot pink w/ glitter

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Mariana Horchata posted:

free prescription drug sample offers like for paxil and poo poo

Pitch that and I think you could make a cool mil.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

suicide crate

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
you have to open it, play with the plastic poo poo inside for a bit, then put it back and ship it to another loser, it's loop crate

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

It's like someone picked up the freebies from E3 and Comic Con and charged a usurious rate to nerds for the privilege of waste transport. Oh boy!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I don't think you know what gambling means.

They don't hide a diamond in one out of every ten thousand boxes. You're not going to win anything. They just give you a box of garbage. Always. They take your money and give you a box of cheap garbage. You just don't know what kind of cheap garbage it is before you open it.
IIRC they give out one box a month that's worth a lot more money.

Lol if you gamble 15 a month for a one in a million shot at 200 though!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

quote:

The May fantasy-themed crate was like epic-level awesome!
- Dallas
You guys make my month. I’m Cyped for the Cyber Crate!
- Desmond
I won't open my crate unless I have time to enjoy and dig in.
- Lynn :getin:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

op i want you to download grindr and make an appointment to suck a stranger's dick in a filthy truckstop bathroom. it will be the first time you have ever brought pleasure to another human being and you deserve the indignity of swallowing cum

i like you now

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Dely Apple posted:

It's like someone picked up the freebies from E3 and Comic Con and charged a usurious rate to nerds for the privilege of waste transport. Oh boy!

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Sperghetti posted:

My girlfriend bought me a loot crate subscription for Christmas and it was really hard to hide how pissed I was. what should I buy her for her birthday coming up as subtle retaliation?

monthly dildo subscription, choose the 'cavernous' package

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Sperghetti posted:

subscription for high end theater makeup intended for lepers and burn victims

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Sperghetti posted:

an engagement ring roflmao

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
fandom merchandise and SSRIs - Overnight & Direct to your Door :unsmith: :awesomelon: :baby: :bandwagon:

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Fifteen bucks a month for more clutter delivered to your house. All "collectable" too so you feel obligated to hoard it.

What a weird service.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

fuel for the incinerator imo

LSD CURES JUNKIES
Sep 12, 2013

USPS is pretty drat awesome. Only issue I've had is that they were supposed to overnight something and deliver it by 10:30 am the next day but it didn't get there overnight,it did get there,so they gave me my money back. So it got shipped for free.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Rutibex posted:

loot crate was only the beginning. there are millions of these dumb monthly boxes now. I like watching the battlebox opening video personally:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAQYQPWJnmI

These videos are no where near as fun when the guy genuinely/pretends to like the objects for referral money. This thing is the biggest load of crap I've ever seen, but whoever realised they could resell army surplus stuff to nerds with a huge markup is kind of a genius.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

criscodisco posted:

I have a subscription to the dollar shave club, and have had all sorts of trouble getting them delivered lately. After having delivered them no problem for a year and a half, they left a "sorry we missed you" card (even though I was home, they never knocked). The card claimed that it was sent insured mail and I had to sign for it or pick it up. I contacted dollar shave club and they said they don't send anything insured.

I filled out the card saying to bring it back, but they never took the card. Finally I saw the mail lady so I have her the card. It still didn't come so a few days later i saw her again and asked about it. She laughed and said "those cards don't matter, you need to pick it up". I said, "how, you took it?" and she laughed again and said I would never get it.

I emailed the past office website and said that happened, and the next day a guy from the office drive his personal car over with my package. The next 3 months I didn't get my razors, even though they were sent. I didn't notice because I had plenty of backup blades. Month 4 I come home and all 4 boxes are crammed into my box, all postdated when they should have been sent.

Is Dollar Shave actually worth it because their advertisements are correct and I am, in fact, very tired of paying out the rear end for blades

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Harry's is good for cheap blades

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

only good product delivery service imo

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
The once a month razor services are dumb. Just buy a years worth from dorco at a time. At least one of the razor services use rebranded dorco blades anyway.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Mariana Horchata posted:

i would put condoms in lootcrates as a joke, and maybe some free prescription drug sample offers like for paxil and poo poo

These nerds would probably get confused and make finger puppets out of them

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

LMAO, you can now buy a 40 dollar crate with even more overpriced crap!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
This poo poo disgusts me.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
If I were your post officer, I would deliver your Loot Crate. I would not harm your Loot Crate. I would however return to burn down your house, as a loving favor to you, so you can move on with your life without your ten tons of Firefly poo poo.

naem
May 29, 2011

Is this where people get those plastic anime desk toy things to decorate their two foot section of the open floor plan office

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Nothing labeled as a collectible is actually collectible. You gotta collect the poo poo that people don't expect of you want to make money in 80 years.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

isn't that thinkgeek

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

naem posted:

Is this where people get those plastic anime desk toy things to decorate their two foot section of the open floor plan office

Yeah and they're always heavily encrusted with cum. What's the deal with that?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

Nothing labeled as a collectible is actually collectible. You gotta collect the poo poo that people don't expect of you want to make money in 80 years.

Bitcoin will be the worlds barter system in 80 years, confirmed!

AdolfHitler
Mar 21, 2009
the answer is clear: stinky doo doo comes out of the butt.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

that's why I've been collecting semen

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
so this company just buys leftover free poo poo from loser convention and then sells random bits of it to u at $15 $25 a month? :wtc:

and they have a special one just for Firefly alone? lol that makes sense

:wow:

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Apr 30, 2016

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i too had to google lootcrate

and i beg you to reconsider what you are doing with your life

i mean if u need a mystery box of nerd poo poo to affirm what a nerd u r

all u need is a mirrior jfc

dont drag federal employees into this mess

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Lastgirl posted:

i too had to google lootcrate

and i beg you to reconsider what you are doing with your life

i mean if u need a mystery box of nerd poo poo to affirm what a nerd u r

all u need is a mirrior jfc

dont drag federal employees into this mess

hehe

more like

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Apr 30, 2016

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

loving lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

just imagine this scenario

years and years of lootcrate, and the lootcratee dies with all that horded junk. Who handles the estate?

"And the attack on titan mug goes to my grandson who rejoiced at my death and can finally lift the family name out of shame."

e: this hypothetical scenario would not work as he would have no lineage, I just realized this.

• Locked thread