Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blk
Dec 19, 2009

nm posted:

Is your kid smart enough for an academic scholarship?

IDK, they'll be born in September. I got a scholarship to a fancy school but I am also an idiot.

blk fucked around with this message at 05:59 on May 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPR45cBkRq4

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

You Am I posted:

I'll be coming across some money soon, and flipping the mental coin whether to get a new FGX Falcon or go for a second hand Ecoboost G6/G6E.

Kinda be a good bookend to go with my XP Falcon ute

I'm kinda tempted to trade in my VE for one of the last Commodores next year. Maybe even step up to some sort of HSV - I really doubt they will lose much value. Either that or keep the present car in good ocndition - I cant see it really losing too much value now, any Holden or Ford V8 or Turbo I6 I suspect will become collectors vehicles.

Hell, I saw a LH Torana G-Pak of all things now asking for 20 grand. And GETTING it. That just blew my mind so maybe sitting on a V8 for 20-30 years might be worth it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

blk posted:

The Lotus Esprit was my childhood dream car. I told myself I would never bother with one unless it was an S4S in a nice color like silver.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162049210344?rmvSB=true

gently caress. I should really put that money to college savings for my kid instead. Right? Right?

You can always sell it on again if you need the cash. Live the dream!

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
happy may day everyone

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Welp, made it to May without a loving job still. I'm officially hosed financially again. I have 3 prospects, two of which are through my professional network, so I have an inside edge but still, this is loving annoying.

I still have plenty of credit so it's not like I'll lose my house or even one of my cars, but I'm living on credit. gently caress me if it won't be another couple years before I dig myself out again.

In spite of that I also caved and got my daughter the iPhone, and so far she's earning it like she said she would. Pretty cool little phone. I've never seen her so happy, and I've even offered to buy her a car multiple times already. I should probably order a paternity test.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Totally missed the April chat.
Did people say gently caress 2016 a whole lot?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Tide posted:

Holy poo poo. GIVE THAT DOGGE ALL THE PETTES RIGHT NOW.
Dog routinely gets all the pettes all the time. I got home in a few weeks, sorry family but I'm only going to see the dogs and race

Wrar posted:

Holy gently caress Orphan Black.
Yeah pretty much, gets a little convoluted at some points but is a pretty good show

blk posted:

The Lotus Esprit was my childhood dream car. I told myself I would never bother with one unless it was an S4S in a nice color like silver.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/162049210344?rmvSB=true
gently caress. I should really put that money to college savings for my kid instead. Right? Right?
What do you think this is Automotive Sanity? Always loved the Esprit and lucked out years ago having a student bring one to a HPDE, fun little cars. Can't remember what model his was exactly but I remember it being boosted and it hung with the E36 M3's on track with MUCH more style. I'm all for buying clean, low mile examples of old cars that are also fun as hell to drive.

freelop posted:

Totally missed the April chat.
Did people say gently caress 2016 a whole lot?
Na, we argued about pointless poo poo a lot instead.

Thanks to KozmoNaut's coffee effort post in last months thread had the best cup of coffee I've made at home today.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 14:25 on May 1, 2016

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Adiabatic posted:

Usually I agree with you but this is just rude.

Rude or not, it's tiring to see someone race to, in effect, post "FIRST POST" month after month.

And he made such an effortpost splash about ignoring me that he'd only see what I said if it gets quoted, anyway. Welp.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I'm kinda tempted to trade in my VE for one of the last Commodores next year. Maybe even step up to some sort of HSV - I really doubt they will lose much value. Either that or keep the present car in good ocndition - I cant see it really losing too much value now, any Holden or Ford V8 or Turbo I6 I suspect will become collectors vehicles.

Hell, I saw a LH Torana G-Pak of all things now asking for 20 grand. And GETTING it. That just blew my mind so maybe sitting on a V8 for 20-30 years might be worth it.

I wanna see the bogan fist fights for the last HSV. That will be a bum fight of epic proportions.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I can't help but feel the conversation around Ford/GM ditching the Falcon/Commodore was something like:

:australia: "You can't drop the car! That model is part of our automotive history and culture!"
:patriot: "Oh, ok, you going to buy one then?"
:australia: "...No."

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
Since when do tick bites feel like youve been hit by a hammer?! I pulled 3 of those fuckers off my pants yesterday and anther 4-5 off my dog (didnt find any biting her yet) but i still woke up with one attached to my head.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Good morning everyone, have some wake up music: https://youtu.be/iF8gVd_KM88

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Wrar posted:

Holy gently caress Orphan Black.

In which sense? I liked it till the beginning of season 3 and I just couldn't do it

T-Square
May 14, 2009

TWSS posted:

Since when do tick bites feel like youve been hit by a hammer?! I pulled 3 of those fuckers off my pants yesterday and anther 4-5 off my dog (didnt find any biting her yet) but i still woke up with one attached to my head.

Probably maybe get your poo poo checked out, Lyme disease can gently caress you up

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

BraveUlysses posted:

In which sense? I liked it till the beginning of season 3 and I just couldn't do it

I just started watching it.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

T-Square posted:

Probably maybe get your poo poo checked out, Lyme disease can gently caress you up

This. I watched a girl go down to 80 pounds and barely able to move in a hurry.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

meatpimp posted:

Somebody has a huge hard on for making the monthly chat threads. That is a really sad crown to wear.

lol go beat off with your own tears or something

MrsAdiabatic
Feb 26, 2015

Gotta get up to get Down's

T-Square posted:

I personally know two people who drat near died from it. I had no idea it was that serious until it hospitalized my sister. She came out of it grossly skinny and frail. Years later, her health is still fragile at best, despite being a nutrition obsessed gym rat.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Terrible Robot posted:

lol go beat off with your own tears or something

Also rude.

People quit being rude.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Adiabatic posted:

Also rude.

People quit being rude.

Your face is rude.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
This is off to a great start

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Adiabatic posted:

Also rude.

People quit being rude.

I didn't respond to tr because I didn't want to be rude. I expressed a strong statement about laf because I think the monthly "race" to first post is silly and laf's ignoring effortpost was rude. meatpimp often responds in kind.

In other news, Spring cleaning is taking a lot more time and effort than I thought. I've been in the garage all morning and finally have space to work again... and I can see the top of my workbench. PROGRESS.

Rhyno posted:

Your face is rude.

Yours isn't. :swoon:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Aaaaaaand the rearend is out on #1 Son's Silverado. gently caress May already.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Guys, I love books about racing, race driving techniques, the history of motorsport, how to fix weird old cars and basically anything to do with the stuff we love. I'd love to know what some of your favorites are because I've been on a tear lately reading about this stuff.

Couple fun ones I picked up:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

meatpimp posted:

Rude or not, it's tiring to see someone race to, in effect, post "FIRST POST" month after month.

Is it? Is it really?

Maybe don't get mad about insignificant poo poo.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
But moooooooom I wanna make the chat thread for an automotive subforum on a comedy forum on the internet!

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Dagen H posted:

Aaaaaaand the rearend is out on #1 Son's Silverado. gently caress May already.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Those chunks aren't supposed to be there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Trump is in town.

Someone just told me that can't wait for that ni&&er to get booted out of the White House.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Rhyno posted:

Trump is in town.

Someone just told me that can't wait for that ni&&er to get booted out of the White House.

The only political signs I've seen out by my house in the middle of nowhere are his. I really want to take one and deface it then stick it in my yard but Trump supporters are loving nuts and I don't want my house burnt down or tires slashed.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

That magnet tells horror stories. Luckily Cheby rear ends are fairly easy and somewhat on the cheaper side for rebuilds.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
4.10/locker is not as easy to come by as I'd hoped.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

NitroSpazzz posted:

The only political signs I've seen out by my house in the middle of nowhere are his. I really want to take one and deface it then stick it in my yard but Trump supporters are loving nuts and I don't want my house burnt down or tires slashed.

Trump supporters are nuts because I wanna deface their property. :jerkbag:

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Dagen H posted:

4.10/locker is not as easy to come by as I'd hoped.

Can't just junkyard it? I truthfully haven't had to replace all that . usually just the spider gears or the ring gear. Maybe going all kastein and chopping out an axle is a cheaper bet.

Edit: yah SAC they sure did pay a lot for that sign. And it's totally worth going crazy over because THAT FREE SIGN IS MUH PROPARTAY!!!

clam ache fucked around with this message at 21:26 on May 1, 2016

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

SouthsideSaint posted:

Can't just junkyard it?

That's the plan, but the handful I can find are $500+

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Yeah its totally not overreacting stealing someone's sign because you disagree with their political opinion. If anything the Bernouts are worse. Don't agree with then abd you are white cis scum.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

I need to drive my E39 more. I spent all day charging the battery, only to find that there's a bee making a home in the right rear wheel.

I don't know what those little holes are for, but I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to be filled with pollen and have a bee in them.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Yeah its totally not overreacting stealing someone's sign because you disagree with their political opinion. If anything the Bernouts are worse. Don't agree with then abd you are white cis scum.

I think you'll find that extremists are always the worst, regardless of what they are extremely for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Ugh. Now that I'm 40 my days of partying hard all night are definitely coming to a middle.

• Locked thread