Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Trump is in town.

Someone just told me that can't wait for that ni&&er to get booted out of the White House.

Just wait a bit and it'll be "that oval office" instead. I guess I'm blessed though, I've never met a genuine/non-ironic Trump supporter.

meatpimp posted:

I don't know what those little holes are for, but I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to be filled with pollen and have a bee in them.

Group B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

That made me look it up. From what I can see, it's for alignment... specifically a Beissbarth KDS machine?

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

NitroSpazzz posted:

The only political signs I've seen out by my house in the middle of nowhere are his. I really want to take one and deface it then stick it in my yard but Trump supporters are loving nuts and I don't want my house burnt down or tires slashed.

thanks ifunny.com

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

meatpimp posted:

Beesbarth

Hurf

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Ugh. Now that I'm 40 my days of partying hard all night are definitely coming to a middle.

I think they make pills for that.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

That was a goddamned joke grenade. Well done. :golfclap:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
I may not everalways be funny, but I am always silly.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Well, today marks 4 months of unemployment!

please hire me

T-Square
May 14, 2009

So if you see a handful of squad SUVs parked up at a trailhead out in the country, and a civilian leading a few police officers down the trail, that probably means there's a body out there right? :ohdear:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Or just a meth lab.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I'm kinda tempted to trade in my VE for one of the last Commodores next year. Maybe even step up to some sort of HSV - I really doubt they will lose much value. Either that or keep the present car in good ocndition - I cant see it really losing too much value now, any Holden or Ford V8 or Turbo I6 I suspect will become collectors vehicles.

Hell, I saw a LH Torana G-Pak of all things now asking for 20 grand. And GETTING it. That just blew my mind so maybe sitting on a V8 for 20-30 years might be worth it.
I want to drive the Falcon as a daily, and the Turbo 6 would get a bit too expensive to run. Whereas the Turbo 4 is as good as the standard 6, but weighs less.

Holy poo poo, a G-Pak? Then again the GS pack Falcons are getting a fair amount of coin these days, considering they were the GT for tight arses.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

You Am I posted:

I want to drive the Falcon as a daily, and the Turbo 6 would get a bit too expensive to run. Whereas the Turbo 4 is as good as the standard 6, but weighs less.

Holy poo poo, a G-Pak? Then again the GS pack Falcons are getting a fair amount of coin these days, considering they were the GT for tight arses.

Dad bought one new in 1975(?) and we had it for I think 17 years. The real crazy thing is that a G-Pak was just basically a red motor 202, M20 four speed and some gee whiz poo poo like...a radio and black "sporty" upholsty (which of course in summer was loving hot as hell), unique hubcaps, radial tyres and racy stripes. Supposedly had 100Kw out of 3.3 litres and after a LC model rally spec cam and twin Strombergs plus a bigger exhaust, might have had 110Kw or a bit more.

http://www.gmh-torana.com.au/forums/topic/1006-torana-lh-g-pak/

For the moon residents that have NFI what a Torana or a G-Pak actually is.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
my grandma passed away this morning :smith:

It's okay, though. She'd been in a nursing home for two years slowly withering away thanks to dementia / alzheimers / one stroke after another... I said my goodbyes last year.

It's better this way. No machines, no pain. We reckon the flu vaccine was the final domino.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Sorry to hear, dude.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
I'm sorry. :glomp:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

literally a fish posted:

Even when they are 'ready' like that, it is still hard. I lost two grandparents to Alzheimer's, it's a long way to go, and rough on everyone.

I'm sorry for your loss.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Sorry to hear, laf. You're good people. You can tell, because meatpimp doesn't like you.

Got a rack of ribs about to come off the smoker, pot full of collards going, some mac and cheese cooking...life is good.

Then I remember everything that sucks and I'm miserable again :v: oh well.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

literally a fish posted:

It's okay, though. She'd been in a nursing home for two years slowly withering away thanks to dementia / alzheimers / one stroke after another... I said my goodbyes last year.

It's better this way. No machines, no pain. We reckon the flu vaccine was the final domino.

Sorry dude :( it sounds like she won't have to suffer through dementia any more though, and that is super rough on everyone involved.

Garbage Dick
Mar 27, 2015

by Hand Knit
I'm trying my first personally cooked meat/anything actually in almost 3 years :ohdear:

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
Thanks, guys :unsmith: :glomp:

It's alright, really... I suppose you really lose someone when you want to talk to them about something and you realize you can't, and for us that happened with grandma over a year ago, so it doesn't hit as hard as it ought to, I suppose

iwentdoodie posted:

Sorry to hear, laf. You're good people. You can tell, because meatpimp doesn't like you.

Got a rack of ribs about to come off the smoker, pot full of collards going, some mac and cheese cooking...life is good.

Then I remember everything that sucks and I'm miserable again :v: oh well.

Man, you make one silly two-frame gif and a guy decides that you hate him with the burning intensity of a thousand suns :sun: :v:

Mmm, delicious food... I would kill to be able to have some comfort food but with the operation I just had I can only eat things that can go up straws. You're doin' alright, man.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

meatpimp posted:

Those chunks aren't supposed to be there.

Sure they are, just not in that particular orientation.

SCA Enthusiast posted:

Well, today marks 4 months of unemployment!

please hire me

I'm at 8. There is always more and it is always worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib-3Xd0IZwk&t=24s

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 2, 2016

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
set up my japanese 2ds today and didn't murder my roommates

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

I'm terribly sorry about your son's rearend.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

The deferred maintenance on mom's Avalon has come to a head. It's pissing oil like a motherfucker (timing belt is absolutely soaked because of it), the chucklefucks who did the timing belt reused the original drive belts as well. The struts have all but ceased to exist, and the breaking point finally hit - the ac needs about a pound of refrigerant a week at this point. Finally shot some dye into it, and it turns out the condenser is cracked.

Somehow, even with having 3 warehouses in the mix, Rockauto comes out about $60 cheaper than Amazon.

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

At least the struts have a $125 mail-in rebate...

Dagen H posted:

Aaaaaaand the rearend is out on #1 Son's Silverado. gently caress May already.

And CSB didn't even go near it!

literally a fish posted:

:glomp:

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Dagen H posted:

4.10/locker is not as easy to come by as I'd hoped.

3.73/clutch LSD should be though if you're willing to settle for 'almost'

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

literally a fish posted:

Condolances but also thankfully the suffering is now over. I know exactly how hosed up Dementia truly is

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

literally a fish posted:

Sorry to see that mate :smith:

I will have to face this in the future as my dad has Alzheimer's Dementia.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Garbage Dick posted:

I'm trying my first personally cooked meat/anything actually in almost 3 years :ohdear:

I love cooking chicken this way. Olive oil and a bit of salt, pepper and oregano make the skin taste super good :btroll:

Garbage Dick
Mar 27, 2015

by Hand Knit

Mat_Drinks posted:

I love cooking chicken this way. Olive oil and a bit of salt, pepper and oregano make the skin taste super good :btroll:

I think it worked.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

There is apparently a Valhalla Rd in Ft Worth. :stare:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Garbage Dick posted:

I think it worked.

I dunno why, but every cat I've ever owned has been absolutely crazy for chicken.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

Slippery Tilde
I made chicken soup because for the next two weeks I can only eat liquids that can go up a straw.

Followed this recipe for stock and added some leeks and potatoes, then blendered the liquid with the potatoes and carrots.

It's pretty good tbh :v:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

literally a fish posted:

Sorry about that, dude. That always changes perspectives. :(

literally a fish posted:

Man, you make one silly two-frame gif and a guy decides that you hate him with the burning intensity of a thousand suns :sun: :v:

If you can see this, we can still be cool. :unsmith:

You Am I posted:

I will have to face this in the future as my dad has Alzheimer's Dementia.

My mom went through that with her dad... Nothing I can add to make that better, but I feel for you. That's some hard poo poo.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

Slippery Tilde

meatpimp posted:

Sorry about that, dude. That always changes perspectives. :(

If you can see this, we can still be cool. :unsmith:

Thanks :3: heh I never actually put you on my ignore list :v:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

literally a fish posted:

I made chicken soup because for the next two weeks I can only eat liquids that can go up a straw.

Might I enquire as to why?

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

Slippery Tilde

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Might I enquire as to why?

Sure! I had a sleeve gastrectomy operation on the 29th; for the first two weeks after it's strictly liquids only, then two weeks on pureed/paste form foods. Stomach got a lot of healin' to do.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

LloydDobler posted:

I'm at 8. There is always more and it is always worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib-3Xd0IZwk&t=24s

Well, in the words of Red Green; I'm pullin' for ya. We're all in this together. Keep your stick on the ice.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

literally a fish posted:

I'm sorry for your loss. No matter the circumstances, it's always hard.

cursedshitbox posted:

I'm terribly sorry about your son's rearend.

Best quote of the day.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

keykey posted:

Best quote of the day.

If he had a nickel for every time...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

literally a fish posted:

Sure! I had a sleeve gastrectomy operation on the 29th; for the first two weeks after it's strictly liquids only, then two weeks on pureed/paste form foods. Stomach got a lot of healin' to do.

Have an immersion blender? You can make some tasty and filling pureed soups pretty easy with a crock pot and an immersion blender. My favorites are butternut squash soup, potato and leek soup, and roasted tomato/pepper.

• Locked thread