Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

There were so many wonderful chat thread title potentials in the last thread I hope someone wrote them down.

Helping my brother move today into their new house. Really excited for them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

fyodor posted:

Anyone have any thoughts on having children or any strong opinions about handheld consumer electronics?

I use my iPhone to capture the happy moments of my children so I can remember that there are happy moments when they are busy making me crazy. The Mrs. Heroic and I are likely going to be heading in for round 3 at the end of this year, heaven help us.

My views are my own, but seriously don't have any kids if you don't want them. For me and the wife they are our whole world though. Completely crazy about them.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Rhyno posted:

What's our current best thread to discuss possibly car purchases/sales? It might be time to have one fun/fast car and one POS DD instead of two fun/fast cars.

It's probably this thread. It gets the most traffic. You'll have to weed through the sarcasm but you'll have a blend here of people telling you to buy land rovers and busses to vintage BMW's and then others saying Miata. The only sanctioned car buying thread is in BFC which I trolled for a while but it's mostly full of people asking lame questions to where 'don't buy a rental, don't buy a salvage, you should get a Prius' is 95% of the answers.
Sell your Mazdas(Mazdi?); get a standard 6 and then a BMW. The E9X are in such a sweetheart of a price point right now it's outrageous.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Siochain posted:

Arma Talion - 1/8th scale 4wd truggy. Brushless, goes like loving stink, tumbles like a dirty bastard. Its incredible. So much fun.

Nice! Good to see you finally settled on something. Lithium batteries and brushless motors have made the hobby so much easier than days of old. Essentially maintenance free silent land missiles with run times of 30+ minutes? Count me in! I dropped every last nitro car 9 years ago after getting my first lipo brushless setup. I do still have the 1/5 scale gassers but those are different animals entirely.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

I saw this when it came out a few weeks ago when it was shared over and over on my Facebook. For whatever reason the vast majority of MLM's seem to reside in Utah. Including, but not limited to DoTERRA, Young Living, NuSkin, XANGO, Life Vantage... I appreciated the heck out of that video, but his video on Gluten Intolerance was just this side of perfection that mastered the craft. Quote of the video "Gluten is the new animal you don't have to eat" :master:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oht9AEq1798

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

People are finally starting to get that Mazda is the new cheap Toyota/Honda etc and it's nice to see cars with a semblance of personality to them. We still have my wife's '05 6i that we will probably drive forever because it works every time and there isn't a lot of cash value in the thing. She's had it for over 8 years.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

spog posted:

(So, 55 isn't a blanket limit? Guess my reference material for US traffic laws, 'Smokey and the Bandit' is out of date)

The bottom half of Utah is 80 MPH and it's magical. That said I've seen people pulled over for 85, and 90 is pretty much a guarantee that you're getting pulled over.

meatpimp a Honda Odyssey is easily the best mini van, but the best non-minivan available is the Ford Flex. We bought a '13 ecoboost Flex and love it. Captains chairs in the middle row so getting to the back seat is easy and doesn't require kids jumping over a seat. The tech is great and it's super comfortable. It's basically a modern wagon that kicks major rear end.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Why is it so click-hole addictive to do google image searches on crazy soviet union era/communist countries? I saw in passing on the internet something referencing Pyonyang and looking at the photos is so...haunting? Maybe it comes back to when I was playing Call of Duty and you go through Pripyat and that being my first bit of exposure to something like that and searching it out. I could seriously look at poo poo like this for hours.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Congrats to Previa! Celebrating our 7 year anniversary this weekend. Grandma and grandpa are heading over to watch the kids so we can see captain America and then hit a Japanese steakhouse for dinner. Marriage is awesome and you're in for an adventure!

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

The electoral college gives no shits about your votes.

Busy couple of weeks means skipping 10+ pages of posts. I'll save some replies for the one true chat thread that the literal fish will post but I will say congrats on fatherhood to MustardFacial. It's to most aggravating and rewarding thing you'll ever experience and you'll want to be good at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Pham Nuwen posted:

Indian mother in laws what up.

She may want to put a knife under the baby's pillow, I recommend acquiring a stiff folding knife if your wife wants it too.

This is the price you're paying for eager babysitting at any time :haw:

Edit: tell her no Fair & Lovely on the baby. Indian people get really weird about fair skin.

My wife and I watched that Meet the Patels (I think is what it was called) documentary on Netflix and it was fascinating to see dating and courtship in another culture. They talked a lot about skin tone.

• Locked thread