Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The Locator posted:

It's still over 12 hours until May in the dry land of snakes and scorpions, so hello future!

Eventually it will work like a car model year where the july chat thread will start on june 10th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

QuarkMartial posted:

Shut down a door to door scammer type guy. Knocked on my door just now, I stepped out to meet him.

'Hi, I'm so and so from the company [I don't even think he specified...] and we are an independent contractor and don't provide services...'
"Okay."
'We've been getting a lot of complaints about rates going up, and we work with the big companies and people to help compare rates so you get the best price.'
"Okay..
'Now you're with us on the cable, right?'
[Us? I thought you didn't provide service...]
"I didn't say who I was with."
'Oh. Well you'
"Have a nice day."
As I'm going in I hear him go, 'Well I'm sorry you can't get a lower rate...'

The natural gas market was deregulated here a few years ago, and now there are constantly shitbag scammers going around with a legitimate company's name and logo on a badge around their neck trying to lock people in to $9.99/GJ of natural gas when the actual rates right now are about $1.70/GJ. They are often extremely agressive, try to push their way in, and try to get your name on poo poo before even saying who they work for. When you ask who they work for they often lie and say for the gas company, and more often than not it's either 2 middle eastern dudes or 2 russian dudes trying to intimidate old ladies into signing poo poo.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Pham Nuwen posted:

The deer's probably not doing so hot

Fuckin deer probably didn't even have insurance, he had no business being on the road. :argh:

I've been playing around with dashcommand on ios, and it doesn't seem nearly as good as torque pro. I haven't tried it with the powerstroke, but in the 540 it can't pick up anything from the transmission.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Some pretty crazy northern lights happening, and the whole city smells like campfire.

I'm a camera noob without a tripod. There are streaks of blue you don't normally see this far south.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Can I please have ONE MOMENT to enjoy my car

You mean 30 year old german cars aren't reliable :aaaaa:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

How big does a roach have to be before it's coverd under the pet fees instead of the pest control fees?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cross the border into alberta, and you're cut down to 110kph, or 68mph, with all but the widest superhighways being 100kph or 62mph.

Highway 2 is built for 200kph but do 140kph on it and you're literally satan.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The biggest problem i see with communism is that the people who push to get into power under a capitalist system also push to get into power in the communist system, and a lovely person in charge of a communist country can do far more damage than a lovely person in charge of a capitalist country.

Going forward, we do need something that more closely resembles communism. With automation making a massive push into every career path, we can't just expect those displaced by it to starve. We've long been out of a "don't work, don't eat" world our current economic system was born from.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Find a 5.0 infiniti FX50.

Tows 3500lbs, 0-60 in 4.8 seconds, and a 165mph top speed.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rhyno posted:

How do we get rid of that stupid Win10 icon in the action center?

Just pretend it's a check engine light and put a sticker over it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

With the natural camber of the car, i would bet the inner sidewall is far far worse

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

He should probably bring some holy water and snake oil too.

As long as you're pumping poo poo into the tire that won't do poo poo, might as well cover all your bases.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Is there something else to use to plug a tire instead? I never had to do it before, so IDK.

An actual tire plug kit. Actually removing the nail from the tire, and plugging it properly.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Victor-Tire-Tool-Box-Kit/14324186

All slime will do is make the tire shop hate you when you go to get a new tire mounted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Previa_fun posted:

Just had to restart again because Windows 10 decided to suddenly not recognize any USB device plugged into the PC. :stare:

I've made a huge mistake.

Yuuuuuge.

WIth PC gaming and video gaming in general turning into massive poo poo, i doubt i'll bother upgrading my PC for a pretty long time.

• Locked thread