Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blk
Dec 19, 2009
The Lotus Esprit was my childhood dream car. I told myself I would never bother with one unless it was an S4S in a nice color like silver.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162049210344?rmvSB=true

gently caress. I should really put that money to college savings for my kid instead. Right? Right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blk
Dec 19, 2009

nm posted:

Is your kid smart enough for an academic scholarship?

IDK, they'll be born in September. I got a scholarship to a fancy school but I am also an idiot.

blk fucked around with this message at 05:59 on May 1, 2016

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Linus Torvalds parked next to me at the grocery store.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

keykey posted:

Somehow you've managed to snap a shot of him that's even more insufferable than ever. Good job!

idgi. do you have a problem with the photo or his yellow slk 32?

blk
Dec 19, 2009

ilkhan posted:

For another couple years, anyway. They haven't finished driving them out through taxes and C.O.L. yet.

We're getting plenty of fleeing Californians up here in Oregon and driving our cost of living up insane amounts.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

meatpimp posted:

Yeah, I saw that it used the same crappy GM V6 with the timing chain issues. Damnit. There isn't even an option with those cars, the 3.6 comes on all of them. :(

What about a 97x? The nickname is Trollblazer so it'd work well with your avatar.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0O_VYcsIk8

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I'm trying to switch industries right now (IT->design) and am really struggling. Im about to turn 33 and starting over makes me feel like a colossal loser. I'm competing with (and losing to) candidates 10 years younger than me who are fresh out of school and internships with a lot of inertia. It's completely unnerving. When I apply and do info interviews I get a lot of "why are you here?" vibe.

Oh and I've never driven a Cobalt but my wife's 7th gen Civic is pretty solid. 118k and no interior rattles or any other issues. The interior and trunk are also cavernous.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

the spyder posted:

We should grab lunch one day.

Let's do it, I walked away from my salaried job at the end of march and am just consulting now so my schedule's pretty flexible. Also want to see your sweet collection of magic triangles. I'm about to leave town for a couple weeks but will be back June 5, gone 10-16 and back 17.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I'm renting an apartment in Vienna across the street from the Austrian Pentagon and they must have some American NATO liaisons - amidst all the Audis parked outside are a clapped out Chrysler New Yorker, a Mazda MX6 with a fart pipe and a Caliber SRT.

• Locked thread