Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
I can't wait to not be a dumb poor kid so I can do stuff like that. I wish that I could afford to travel, much less game credit cards to travel for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

And on perfect timing, I finally got graded work from my stupid online programming class back, giving us the entire semester at once. Now I mathematically can't get anything better than an D, because I used "// Bonus:" instead of "// BONUS:" in my assignments and a couple didn't compile because I used C++11 features and I guess the professor decided that in TYOOL 2016 g++ -std=c++98 is still the way to go, but then again he's the kind of person who doesn't know how to use grep -i in his grading script and responded with "I'll be offering the class again in the fall" when I asked him about any kind of a correction because I turned in a litany of perfectly correct work that demonstrates a level of knowledge well beyond what's required by the class.

gently caress lovely College.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

meatpimp posted:

"I'll be offering the class again in the fall" is one of the harshest "gently caress you" replies you'll get from a professor, fyi. Sounds like there may be more than a minor mistake at play.

I don't know what I did. I mean, if he can see that I've not opened any of his lectures maybe he's angry at me for that, but it's not my fault that my school has a credit by examination policy not far from "gently caress off". I shouldn't be in this class at all, it's the basic 'intro to computar do the things' when I've taken most of the higher classes already by challenging the pre-req and gotten all As there and I've been programming since I was like six, but it turns out the class is required now.

This has been my only interaction with him other than emailing him like a month in to ask when he'd have some of the assignments graded because I was curious how I did, so I have no idea what it could be. Some people are just pricks, I guess.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

meatpimp posted:

So it was an online class and you didn't even open the lectures? Yes, he can see that. He can probably see when you log on, how much time you spend on and what you open/use while you're on.

If you didn't engage with any of that, you basically told him that you knew everything already and your poo poo would be straight correct.

poo poo wasn't straight correct and... welp.

Well, it was if you looked at it instead of taking points off for the wrong capitalization of a word and didn't stick the compiler into "party like it's 1998" mode for some reason, which is why it pisses me off. I can totally see why he'd see it like that though, I'm mostly just pissy I have to take the class at all.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

I already dropped the class that I was going to take over the summer and replaced it with this one, it's a little late considering that going back to the other class would mean getting onto the end of a 17 person waitlist, I just needed to vent for a moment because it's dumb.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

I mean, I'm managing to lose a lot of weight on the amphetamines and diet soda plan, it's working for me! I mean, that's a joke, but I am making very slow incremental progress. I'm below 230 lbs (by 0.1 lb, but hey!) for the first time in ever, just... 70-75 more pounds to go!

Sinestro fucked around with this message at 07:26 on May 11, 2016

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

corn in the fridge posted:

I don't watch films very often I'd rather read a book

do you even own a television?

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

Slavvy posted:

It's hilarious that you guys think ageism is an actual thing the way racism is an actual thing. In the context of employment ageism is a symptom, not a cause.

Complaining about ageism in employment is like complaining about giant robot boots while a giant robot is kerbstomping you. Technically it IS what's crushing you, but it isn't the real problem and you can't separate it from the real problem: capitalism. Until olds start being more profitable than young poors for whatever reason, 'ageism' will continue to exist because the path to profits is to extract maximum revenue from minimum expenditure.

would you perhaps say that you would like to take a great leap in the forward direction?

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

Slavvy posted:

I find it maddening that being against capitalism = pro communism somehow. I'm hosed if I know what a good system would be, I just know a crap one when I see it.

I'm against both systems, I just feel like capitalism (albeit not unfettered capitalism like we seem to be rushing towards so hard these days) as practiced for many years here and still practiced in a lot of other places is probably less lovely than even the best 'success story' of communism and also like making sweet burns on internet forums. Blame it on spending too much time in YCS.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

These jeans are pretty cheap and really comfortable, but they don't come all that big. I think there are other styles of their stretch jeans that do, though.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

I have a Garmin fitness tracker that I hate the gently caress out of, and I have an old watch that was my grandpa's but it's incredibly gaudy and (fake) gold so I haven't really worn it. I'm currently saving up towards a real watch, an Archimede Pilot 36.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

God, I suddenly feel like I was much smarter as a fifteen year old. I mean, I still want an RX-8 even now, but just so I can swap a LSx in it because I have a sick fetish for suicide doors that an i3 just wouldn't help.

Do not buy an RX-8, child. If you want to make a horrible car mistake, I know where you can find a BMW E30 with a salvage title and a front end mostly made of bondo, dreams, and textured appliance paint, it'll at least have some redeemable parts.

• Locked thread