Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

literally a fish posted:

ONLY FIVE MONTHS OF FALCON PRODUCTION REMAIN, GOODNIGHT SWEET PRINCE
I'll be coming across some money soon, and flipping the mental coin whether to get a new FGX Falcon or go for a second hand Ecoboost G6/G6E.

Kinda be a good bookend to go with my XP Falcon ute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I'm kinda tempted to trade in my VE for one of the last Commodores next year. Maybe even step up to some sort of HSV - I really doubt they will lose much value. Either that or keep the present car in good ocndition - I cant see it really losing too much value now, any Holden or Ford V8 or Turbo I6 I suspect will become collectors vehicles.

Hell, I saw a LH Torana G-Pak of all things now asking for 20 grand. And GETTING it. That just blew my mind so maybe sitting on a V8 for 20-30 years might be worth it.
I want to drive the Falcon as a daily, and the Turbo 6 would get a bit too expensive to run. Whereas the Turbo 4 is as good as the standard 6, but weighs less.

Holy poo poo, a G-Pak? Then again the GS pack Falcons are getting a fair amount of coin these days, considering they were the GT for tight arses.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

literally a fish posted:

my grandma passed away this morning :smith:

It's okay, though. She'd been in a nursing home for two years slowly withering away thanks to dementia / alzheimers / one stroke after another... I said my goodbyes last year.

It's better this way. No machines, no pain. We reckon the flu vaccine was the final domino.

Sorry to see that mate :smith:

I will have to face this in the future as my dad has Alzheimer's Dementia.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ah drat, Australian motoring journalist Bill Tuckey has passed away. Not a huge news thing, but I did enjoy his articles and books

http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/05/07/veteran-motoring-writer-bill-tuckey-dies/

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Dealing with more bullshit today in regards to my dad's house and dad.

Took the day off work to help an army veteran's op shop take away furniture from dad's house, only to find out the person who booked the pick up today forgot to add the booking to their schedule, and they could not do the pick up today.

Then I got a pile of paperwork from the conveyancer, one of them requested that since dad's name was on the title of the property, the state government demands that I get dad to sign a form that confirms that he is one of the title owners on the property. And get his photo taken. A man who is mentally incompetent and doesn't know I have sold the property.

And one of the requirements is that he has to have current photo id, which he doesn't because his driver's licence has been cancelled. Thankfully I can (and did) get a letter from his doctor to confirm dad is who he is, and also signed a copy of dad's birth certificate (thankfully found that in a huge pile of paperwork).

But still need to drag dad to a post office to get photographed as well as trick him into signing the paperwork. I don't feel good about that.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

kris_b posted:

Sorry you have to go through all that, I recently had to deal with a similar situation with my grandma. But holy wow, if he's incompetent, about half of the stuff you're doing is very very illegal here at least, and I can't see Australian law being much different.

Process we went through, roughly, was:
1: Grandma has a stroke
2: Doctors say she's incompetent, testify as such (via affidavit)
3: Goes through the courts, all concerned parties (next of kin - us grandkids) can object, ask for second medical opinion etc, which we didn't, we were all in agreement
4: Someone, ideally not a beneficiary of her will but this can be waived, is appointed power of attorney over her estate. (Here at least, power of attorney applies to the financial side, there can be a separate person appointed with responsibility for her medical care)
5: The person with power of attorney can then legally sell the assets.

I assume you're at the point where he's not legally declared incompetent and is not going to be and you're kind of skirting around all that. Just make sure your own rear end is covered too, it could come back and bite you.

I have all the power of attorney paperwork, but for some reason the state government won't allow that to happen. Trust me I have been following the rule of law with this as closely as possible, as I don't want this to bite me on the arse

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Do you have power of attourney? Can you get a judgement that he is unfit to conduct his own affairs? Honestly think that's more the road you need to be going down.

I have power of attorney, but for some reason the State Government demands that I have my father's details as he (as well as I) has his name on the title of the property.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

meatpimp posted:

Holy poo poo. New "Me at ur posting" gif!

Hmmm, might be a bit too big once you resize it to really be effective.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Geirskogul posted:

FINALLY Jay does a video about one of his own cars. I don't like his partnership videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBYpWmMi9-A

:circlefap:

I'm a big fan of the Espada, glad to see it is getting some love.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Rhyno posted:

You care more about comic than I do bud, and I run a comic shop!

Hand in your nerd pass, nerdlinger :v:

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I have fond memories as a child, getting into my dad's S10 with a red vinyl bench during the summer and melting my skin instantly to the seat.

Good old 1960s/70s Ford/Holden (GM)/Chrysler vinyl seats with bare metal belt buckles. Awful during Australian summers

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Geirskogul posted:

Red Bull forgot Ricciardo's tyres! What the christ?

Still loving dark over that gently caress up. Second race in a row where Red Bull has hosed Dan over in a pit stop. Felt so bad for him, since he had the best car there for the whole weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

leica posted:

My computer just tried installing windows 10 out of nowhere on it's own without my permission, how the hell do I stop it from doing that again?

I've used this program, Never 10: https://www.grc.com/never10.htm

You can disable it if you want to upgrade to Win 10.

• Locked thread