Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Holy gently caress Orphan Black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

BraveUlysses posted:

In which sense? I liked it till the beginning of season 3 and I just couldn't do it

I just started watching it.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

literally a fish posted:

my grandma passed away this morning :smith:

It's okay, though. She'd been in a nursing home for two years slowly withering away thanks to dementia / alzheimers / one stroke after another... I said my goodbyes last year.

It's better this way. No machines, no pain. We reckon the flu vaccine was the final domino.

Sorry dude :( it sounds like she won't have to suffer through dementia any more though, and that is super rough on everyone involved.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

KozmoNaut posted:

The battery in my Galaxy S4 Mini is bulging in a rather unnerving way, but the new 4th-generation Moto G won't be out for another month or two :emo:

E: Are any of last year's model phone worth a drat? Like the Nexus 5X or something?
I really like my 5X, doubly so since stock Android is solid. It's got a decent camera and a wonderful screen. I wish that people would stop chasing thin and give me more battery life, though.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Yeah, the battery on the S4 mini is a back cover away. Just replace it :)

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I don't know why anyone steals a phone these days, you just call the carrier and it's effectively useless until you tell them otherwise. IMEI numbers are a thing.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

some texas redneck posted:

:woop:

Talked to them a little while ago, they're getting the lease packet put together for me now. Apparently my credit is better than I thought..

That's awesome dude. Credit is weird though. I bought a house and my credit score went up. :confuoot:

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

InitialDave posted:

I'll certainly take a non-rusting, non-running Z over a rusty running Z.

Correct.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I'm getting really sick of my stupid E46 breaking every 4 months. I'm becoming convinced that it's cursed. I'm starting to look down the road toward other vehicles. The wife and I are planning *ahem* on children sooner than later.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Raluek posted:

Doesn't having power of attorney mean that your signature legally counts as his? How can they make a distinction? nm?

You am I is in Australia so I'm not sure if there is a distinction, but in the US it recognizes you are acting legally in their interest AFAIK.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
The Peter Principal is 100% real.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
You probably could anyway. Most of the speed limits on the interstates are 70mph.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Slavvy posted:

I'd like to see a venn diagram of people who enjoy superhero movies and people who read books without pictures in them.

You can do both.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
New puppy just was diagnosed with Parvo. Fortunately he's only been symptomatic since this afternoon so the outcome is likely OK but yeah...

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Puppy update: little guy is doing pretty well all considered. He'll probably be at the emergency vet for another day and then I'm going to look into moving him somewhere cheaper.

This is a very expensive month :(

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
The vet called and said I can take the puppy home! Unfortunately I'm really tied up at work, so I'll just leave early and work from home for a bit.

Hooray!

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I hope nothing for anyone in AI breaks/fails/gets sick for the rest of the month, or the rest of the year.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Wedding industry is a scam, gently caress spending that kind of money on a ring. Get something that looks pretty.

Spyder all the way.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Yep, we went into debt for a nice house instead of the wedding.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Adiabatic posted:

Or, and go with me on this, maybe get her what she wants because you love her and understand that what you find important and what she finds important may not be mutually inclusive.

Just get something that looks pretty.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I need to get my Skagen fixed, and my daily Invicta needs a new battery.

gently caress it, my gshock needs a battery too.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Congrats Mustard!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

NitroSpazzz posted:

Am I an idiot for thinking it would be fun to build up an engine instead of going with a stock one for a track car? Kind of have my heart set on a high revving I4 (build up) but a stock I6 would be safer, easier and more powerful. The ~100lb saved by the I4 is nice but in the end will only be a 5% difference in weight...will improve the handling though. Price SHOULD end up being pretty similar. I've never built an engine so that could be fun.
You can always start with stock and build one.

• Locked thread