Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Anyone have any thoughts on having children or any strong opinions about handheld consumer electronics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Guys, I love books about racing, race driving techniques, the history of motorsport, how to fix weird old cars and basically anything to do with the stuff we love. I'd love to know what some of your favorites are because I've been on a tear lately reading about this stuff.

Couple fun ones I picked up:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Mendocino Farms' (a sandwich eatery) has an annoying business model: all employees are aggressively friendly. Please do not call me "bro," bro.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Ether Frenzy posted:

Yeah, it sucks seeing low-wage people enjoying and taking pride in their jobs, I always come away from Mendocino Farms thinking "That sandwich was delicious but this place would be a lot better if all the employees were sullen and angry at the customers"

Yes there is no middle ground between forced exuberance and surly anger. Please don't be stupid and or dishonest in your conversations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Ether Frenzy posted:

Yes, it's me, the person who doesn't get mad and post about it on the internet when a IRL retail employee is pleasant to me. I'm the stupid one in conversations.

And another one vying for the dumbest motherfucker in AI title. meatpimp you're on notice.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Ether Frenzy posted:

FWIW at Mendocino Farms The Sandwich Study in Heat* is loving phenomenal, even if you do have to weather the very perturbing and disturbing situation where you can't just order it online and skulk in and pick it up without someone rudely calling you 'bro' even if that's against your moral code

human interaction :smith:

*what a dumb name for a delicious sandwich

Ok creepy dude :thumbsup:

Back to chat, this 3-wheeler for $80,000 has been making me :stare: since I saw one. 3-wheels of fun but jesus christ it's a 3-wheeler for $80k+.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Rhyno posted:

And yet, only one has hosed a pig.

That the public is aware of. The real number is at least in the 7 figures.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

David Cameron: liberal pig-fucker.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Wasn't it politicians who came up with "never be caught with a dead woman or a live boy"?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

This guy rules:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSNKJJ8d_GI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL0MWZFKRRU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRJ45ZQKnGc

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Jesus is just alright with me.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

rdb posted:

This, by far. Business class on Chicago to Shanghai was never bad but anything coach or shorter than that sucked.

I had some miles accumulated (350k) on USair. No churning involved. Blew most of them on honeymoon flights. I have like 90k left that are about to expire. Still have some left with Delta as well. Might just donate them to charity at this point.

They brought back steerage???:stare:

(This would not surprise me.)

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Cakefool posted:

I want to know what was on the other 6 tablets Moses didn't carry down from the mountain all at the same time because he was a gigantic pussy ONE TRIP EVERY TIME HRNGGGGG

Well this is a matter of record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I48hr8HhDv0

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Satanism is super nerdy but it gave us Kenneth Anger who fused homoeroticism with 1950s hot rod culture in Kustom Kar Kommandos and that was pretty great. :shrug:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

kastein posted:

Thanks Home Depot for calling me to tell me that there's a 10% off special running through today that applies to the window quote I got, and then after waiting for a computer illiterate 50 year old to bumblefuck his way through looking up my quote (in the process canceling it, resulting in having to wait for a new quote) finding out that no, the special doesn't apply because I already got 14% off by asking for the volume pricing quote. I just lost an hour of my day to what amounts to a bait and switch by incompetent bumblers, god drat it.

Guess I'll call up some other local Anderson dealers and see if they can beat the HD price.

My parents told me about replacing their patio door with a new Anderson window door (french doors? I dunno) and it was a nightmare. They sent an unfinished (and I mean unfinished: rough edges, dents and ridiculous seams/gaps) door and then refused to take it back. "We've determined that the quality of the door we sent is to our standards," said Anderson.

Dents! In wood! Also, a piece of wood that should've been cut flush and sanded was left with a 1" snaggly end piece sticking out.

Home Depot and Anderson got more receptive after a phone call to American Express. I tell you this merely as a datapoint and not necessarily as "this is something that will happen to you."

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

CommieGIR posted:

Sherman strikes again!

aaay

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Anybody played Automation? Seems very, very fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDd_O7rw6us

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

keykey posted:

About a year ago we were in Santa Cruz and there was an Ironman/woman event going on. Anyway we were on a beach and this girl came up and started chatting me up. Then my wife walked up and she got super awkward. It was harious.

Dear Penthouse Forum,

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

keykey posted:

Honestly, they're not my type anyway. And it was before I started stressing the gently caress out about my mom's situation so I was fairly fit at the time. Now I'm fairly typical goon since I gained 40 lbs since poo poo went downhill.

I just imagined how that situation could've gone sexily instead of awkward. :(

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

keykey posted:

Sorry to disappoint. Fit is sexy. Vascular, to me, isn't. :(

I believe the proper nomenclature is "yoked" brah.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Yay insurance companies! Well, you see, since the water was WIND-swept your flood insu-:yarg:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Some punk tried to charge $950 to strutmasters.com. Not surprised some brotruck rear end in a top hat would attempt to lift his shitbox with a stolen credit card number.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

As a wise philosopher once said: just walk away from the screen and, like, close your eyes.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

He's just frustrated and venting. No need to soap box it up.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Henry Rollins posted:

When the Iron doesn't want to come off the mat, it's the kindest thing it can do for you. If it flew up and went through the ceiling, it wouldn't teach you anything. That's the way the Iron talks to you. It tells you that the material you work with is that which you will come to resemble.

:barf:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Noise Complaint posted:

I have an ungodly amount of dead trees to pull down and process into firewood. If you guys want to lose weight you can come do that. We can even call it crossfit if you like.

I'll even provide the light beer and salad.

I think I might do this but I console myself with the knowledge you are nowhere near me.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Cage posted:

You have to eat 7 cups of it to get as much protein as a medium egg. 99% of the time when iceberg lettuce is eaten its super unhealthy.

Lol why are you eating lettuce for protein. It's not sugary, doesn't have fat or many calories because it's relatively benign. "Super unhealthy" dude chill.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Romaine is the dopest of lettuces it is known.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I fucks with spinach and kale I ain't gonna lie.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

That lettuce-wrapped burg is TERRIBLE for you and it's not because of what's inside! The truth will shock you!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

CommieGIR posted:

But they really shouldn't be. Especially Public institutions.

State employees here are unionized. Further, there is your specific trade union within the state employee union. I worked for one of the two state university systems so I was in an educational union inside the state employee's union. Try busting that poo poo.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Sub and scribed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrXn2sq_uEI&t=58s

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Stop posting utter crap. Linus is in fact quite a good guy to know and is drat good at his job. Oh booo loving hoo, he calls out idiot and guts them. Well that just happens to be GOOD. If someone does something that breaks Linux, there's a whoooole fuckload of systems that can go extremely wrong and frankly he gives people a lot of chances before he hauls them across the coals. Plus Linus isnt on a religious OSS crusade, he just wants to get the job done... which is a drat sight more than could be said about the fools who are critical of him like in the SFC - Karen Sandler, who basically made GNOME foundation bankrupt with her misguided gender politics. You should look that up, that is a true clustefuck of stupid. So stupid that when she tried to get on the Linux Foundation, the big players went No loving Way and made sure she would never get a seat. Oh then Matthew Garrett, someone who was correctly torched by Linus for being a clueless idiot over dipshit ideas about UEFI jumps up and down claiming to be a victim.

And Garrett continues to be a lying fuckwit about the situation and anything to do with Linus ever since.

If you get gutted by Linus, then you absolutly, completely and utterly deserved it. As I said, he is in fact quite a good guy who simply does not suffer stupidity.

:stare:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

1500quidporsche posted:

Which was the one that started picking scabs off his foot then eating it sitting on a stage while a lecture was being given?

Richard Stallman. That will never not be funny to bring up every time OSS comes up.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Oh god you didn't have to post it. Let people google the horror for themselves.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Kitty litter is expensive I guess.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Nothin' wrong with a double double.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I was a minivan hater until I drove my sister's Odyssey. Good job Honda.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

mariooncrack posted:

Be careful going to the bathroom :supaburn:

I have done this it does not feel awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Guys we only have so much discretionary cash to add some sort of facility for the employees. Basketball court? Gym?

Aah yes that's a great one! Archery course!

• Locked thread