Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Spending the next week on the Gulf coast and proposing to my GF while down there so wish me luck dudes.

We've talked about it enough that's it not really going to be a huge surprise to her, it's just the formality of the thing has me nervous. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Somewhat Heroic posted:

The bottom half of Utah is 80 MPH and it's magical. That said I've seen people pulled over for 85, and 90 is pretty much a guarantee that you're getting pulled over.

meatpimp a Honda Odyssey is easily the best mini van, but the best non-minivan available is the Ford Flex. We bought a '13 ecoboost Flex and love it. Captains chairs in the middle row so getting to the back seat is easy and doesn't require kids jumping over a seat. The tech is great and it's super comfortable. It's basically a modern wagon that kicks major rear end.

From what I've heard, the 80mph states have less tolerance for speeding. I've even heard the parts of Texas with 85mph speed limits will pretty much pull you for 1mph over that.

Personally I believe on most U.S. Interstate highways 80-85 is the upper limit for what's safe for continuous cruising. I know nearly every AIer will talk about cruising at 100+ for miles but I wouldn't want to encounter an errant pebble or have a blowout (or be behind someone having a blowout)

Edit: Also once you get to that point the commercial truck vs passenger vehicle speed delta is getting more and more dangerous. Aren't a lot of trucks limited to 62 or 65?

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Traveling in a conversion van with six people loses it's fun fast, especially when the owner's girlfriend has seemingly the smallest bladder ever and we had to stop every two hours for restroom breaks. Just over 13 hours on the road each way for what should have been a 10.5 hour drive. I did probably 75% of the driving. :fuckoff:

On the upside the van ran and rode well despite the rear tires showing some serious scalloping on the outside tread blocks. Bad rear shocks? Riding in the very back was...wallowy to say the least.

Oh yeah and she said yes. :v:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I finally bit the bullet and upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 (which I loved but I wanted the performance bump) and now my wireless internet connection is dropping out every few minutes. Anyone know if there's a quick fix for this?

Also everybody apparently thinks aero is ugly and dated but I prefer it over these ugly flat solid taskbars. :colbert:

On the upside this fairly old computer does feel a bit faster with 10. I feel like boot times are drastically improved. I have an nvidia card and noticed a bit of a frame rate increase in games too.

Previa_fun fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jun 1, 2016

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Just had to restart again because Windows 10 decided to suddenly not recognize any USB device plugged into the PC. :stare:

I've made a huge mistake.

• Locked thread