Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

MustardFacial posted:

There used to be a goon-run racing league with automation. It was quite fun. Don't know what happened to it.

I have another challenge coming up soon!

Here's my thread in Games about Automation, for those who are interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Liquid Communism posted:

The second round didn't really get off the ground because despite MrChips putting in a lot of work, Automation's current state means there is pretty much a winning formula and you're either running that car or not running at all.

The second round went off fairly successfully in Let's Play back in January; I didn't advertise it much because with all the changes I made from the first round, I wasn't sure how much work it would be in the end (turns out, it was quite a bit less).

I will also admit that my ruleset for the first round (and to a lesser extent the second) was flawed. The rules I am finalising for this next round (which will be a multi-class challenge set in 1989) look, at the moment, to be rather well balanced indeed.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

So my buddy just bought me a vintage Houston Colt .45s jersey and it is literally the best thing ever.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

New Sheep Game time ahoy!

Click the sheep in the Subaru and follow your dreams...

Also, something interesting for this Sheep Game - through the generosity of the folks at Camshaft Software, I have been given a Steam key for Automation: The Car Company Tycoon Game to give to the winner of this edition!

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

My everyday watch is a nice, understated Tissot automatic, and I also have a Moonwatch that was given to me as a gift but I don't like wearing it because a) I'm not enough of a badass and b) I don't feel comfortable wearing it because it's so loving expensive.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Cakefool posted:

If the metal of watch bands irritates you you may have a nickel sensitivity. Either get a fabric/leather/plastic strap or buy a watch with a guaranteed no-nickel content strap.

Just about every watch has a leather or synthetic option available from the factory (with a few noticeable exceptions), and failing that there are a bazillion options that can work if there isn't a choice.

Personally I prefer leather bands over metal because they are way more comfortable and go better with clothing because they are less bling.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Wait till you see what they did with UK Top Gear...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

There is a reason that RX-8s are cheap.

It's because they're garbage.

• Locked thread