Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Tavon Austin or Tajae Sharp?

Gross, but Tavon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

NickRoweFillea posted:

Tajae Sharpe. Love that dudes upside.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Lamar Miller and David Johnson are looking good right now

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

*throws homer fedora on* Tajae

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Tajae Sharpe. Love that dudes upside.

Tavon is the worst but was already a low end WR2 last year, and just got paid so should remain as or more involved this year. Sharpe just can't match that upside this year, I don't think. Best case, Rishard Matthews falls completely flat within a month or two and Sharpe takes over as the WR1 for 2/3 the year and puts up WR3 numbers because he's still on the Titans.

Varg posted:

Lamar Miller and David Johnson are looking good right now

Has DJ actually? I saw a bunch of 1-2 yard runs and one 15+, but I wasn't watching that closely. Edit: Oh yeah, and that goal line TD, right?

sourdough fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Aug 28, 2016

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

yeah it wasn't a lot but I just like the way they're both looking like safe choices, and Carson Palmer is sucking it up so

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
DJ and Miller had a mix of low yardage gains and clever chunks. Both looked pretty drat good.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Oh yeah, Lamar Miller's goal line run was nice. Also is this still the starting Texans defense? Because Andre Ellington is looking good as hell.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Ellingtons skill has never been the question

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Tiptoes posted:

D-Jax was on an 87 target pace in the games he played last year whereas Garcon was still on pace for 103 targets in those same games. And Crowder is definitely a young slot receiver liked by Jay Gruden and his staff. They're going to run so many 3WR sets that Crowder will be on the field roughly as much as the other two. This is the target distribution from last year and I just don't see how any of the secondary weapons are going to stand out week to week. Garcon is still a starter and will see 90+ targets again, Crowder is an up and coming player who should see 80+ again, so Jackson is going to see what maybe 90? 95? Doesn't play a real red zone role either; saw all of 4 targets in the red zone last year with no scores and was 5/12 with one score in 2014. And he's no stranger to soft tissue injuries either so we can't really assume he'll stay healthy. Looking at your other options, I don't know when you would feel comfortable starting him so he's completely expendable in my opinion.

As for Jones and Moncrief, Marvin Jones saw 111 targets playing second fiddle to AJ Green and by all accounts, him and Stafford have shown great chemistry together. Jones is a great value at his draft slot and should easily see ~120 targets this year. Moncrief is in line for a real breakout as the #2 (or maybe even #1) option for Andrew Luck, who is slightly better than Kirk Cousins at the position. Real easy to project 100+ targets for him as well.

Thanks for that breakdown, because now I see where you are coming from. I get how you inferred

Obviously I am with you on Moncrief, I just am saying nothing is guaranteed. And Marvin Jones will be sharing targets with a lot of people. Jackson would have been on pace for almost 90 targets, which is awesome if he does that. Remember, this is 0PPR. Jackson has never really been a target machine, but he a guy I can plug in and have a reasonable expectation of getting 90 yards and a TD if I put him in 66% of the time. That is an awesome expectation for where I am taking him.

Spoeank posted:

I'm not touching a single member of the Washington Professional Football Franchise.

Kirk Cousins is gonna come crashing back to earth and he's taking everyone with him.

I have similar feelings, but value is value.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Metapod posted:

Ellingtons skill has never been the question

This. I personally think Arizona has the most talented RB corp in the league, and I'm the president of the Jamaal Charles fan club.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Eagles released Rueben Randle :lol:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Benne posted:

Ahahahhahahahaha

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
It's okay they have DGB

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Benne posted:

Lol

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

RVProfootballer posted:

Branden Oliver looks like he might've torn his Achilles, in case anyone was stashing him in dynasty or on a deep 0 RB team.

That injury :gonk:

Seeing his leg shake uncontrollably as he waited for the med crew will haunt my dreams.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I'm impressed with Brock Osweiler

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Spoeank posted:

It's okay they have DGB

DGB looked great yesterday actually.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Spiros posted:

DGB looked great yesterday actually.

Turn left!

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

DTaeKim posted:

Standard scoring in ESPN. Guy in my league really wants Alshon Jefferyy. Here is my team:

QB Blake Bortles
RB DeMarco Murray
RB Jeremy Langford
WR Julio Jones
WR Alshon Jeffery
WR Keenan Allen
TE Gary Barnidge
FLEX Marvin Jones
D/ST Chiefs D/ST
K Justin Tucker
Bench Derrick Henry
Bench James Starks
Bench Phillip Dorsett
Bench Jordan Howard
Bench Chris Thompson

He has Adrian Peterson and Doug Martin. He initially offered Doug Martin for Alshon Jeffery. I'm thinking of aiming bigger and offering him DeMarco Murray, Derrick Henry, and Alshon Jeffery for AP and Kevin White/Martavis Bryant. His other WR are Jeremy Maclin and DeSean Jackson.

Am I overpaying for AP here or should I take his Doug Martin offer?

No one commented on this so I thought I'd try again. If I'm in the wrong topic please tell me.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

DTaeKim posted:

No one commented on this so I thought I'd try again. If I'm in the wrong topic please tell me.

Maybe try a Alshon for AP straight up deal

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

VietCampo posted:

Maybe try a Alshon for AP straight up deal

I offered that first, but he nixed that immediately. He basically wants Alshon and another WR for AP.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

DTaeKim posted:

I offered that first, but he nixed that immediately. He basically wants Alshon and another WR for AP.

If he would go Alston / Dorsett, I would strongly consider it. Unfortunately, you have no WR depth

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Well i have the #2 pick and can't make up my mind between ODB or Julio.

It's in a bonus points league with 1 PPR. Also get bonus for 40+ receptions.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

VietCampo posted:

Well i have the #2 pick and can't make up my mind between ODB or Julio.

It's in a bonus points league with 1 PPR. Also get bonus for 40+ receptions.

Matt Ryan sucks, go ODB.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
A.J. :ohdear:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

NO

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Nothing Matters

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/770057692505309185

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

DTaeKim posted:

"Another WR" as in "Julio or Allen, who are really good WRs and also better than Alshon?" If so, your best bet is to get him to pony up some more on his end of the Alshon-Martin deal, instead of trying for AP. Him nixing it rather than counter-offering is a clear sign you'd be wasting your time trying to put together a package deal for All-Day

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I just loving drafted him, heres hoping this report is the truth. Ugh.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

Matt Ryan sucks, go ODB.

Ended up going Julio, gg.

Seems like people say Matt Ryan sucks every year but Julio still puts up a bajillion points. Now's where i get smited by the fantasy gods.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

VietCampo posted:

Ended up going Julio, gg.

Seems like people say Matt Ryan sucks every year but Julio still puts up a bajillion points. Now's where i get smited by the fantasy gods.

Regression suggests that Ryan will improve. His TD rate was absurdly low.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
A.J. Green limped off the field like 5 minutes after a guy took him in the first in our draft. It was great talking poo poo about that the rest of the way.

Bill Daly's draft was pretty bad. He took Devante Parker in the 4th, Tyler Eifert in the 6th (who just got announced to be injured for a month), and his whole bench are rookies but not the good ones. Someone mentioned that their boss wanted them in tomorrow at 5am and he was like yeah we all got a boss which made me feel bad for him since his is Bettman.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Doltos posted:

A.J. Green limped off the field like 5 minutes after a guy took him in the first in our draft. It was great talking poo poo about that the rest of the way.

Bill Daly's draft was pretty bad. He took Devante Parker in the 4th, Tyler Eifert in the 6th (who just got announced to be injured for a month), and his whole bench are rookies but not the good ones. Someone mentioned that their boss wanted them in tomorrow at 5am and he was like yeah we all got a boss which made me feel bad for him since his is Bettman.

When my wife used to play fantasy football, she would do poo poo like this and dominate the regular season. He prepared to crown Daly is all I am saying.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Bleh I just realized there is a thread for this.

Nothing to see here move along.

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Aug 29, 2016

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Make sure you get Bill's opinion on concussions if one of his players goes down with one.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

LmaoTheKid posted:

Make sure you get Bill's opinion on concussions if one of his players goes down with one.

Honestly I would easily take him over Bettman anyday. He had a firm handshake, was a genuine nice guy, and had a Larry Csonka Phins jersey on. Alright in my book.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Is there a secret to getting yahoo's draft thing to run better than poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Is there a secret to getting yahoo's draft thing to run better than poo poo?

It seems worse than this year, freezing and such. I had a draft on Saturday and probably half the people has to close and rejoin at some point.

• Locked thread