Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Metapod posted:

Does tate deserve an honourable mention now?

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

opposable thumbs.db posted:

Defenses are not penalized in Yahoo on pick sixes; only the extra point counts against them. Personally I prefer the Yahoo interface since it looks more modern, has more statistical tools available, and in my opinion has a more clearly defined user flow. But to each his/her own.

In my leagues experience Yahoo counts any kind of score against a defense.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I just drafted Tyler Ervin in the second round to handcuff my Lamar Miller. (2.09) I feel bad for it, but I always feel compelled to handcuff my rbs.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

The worst game since 2010 is harder to estimate, but it really might be this one from Joique Bell last year (week 3):

-1 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 3

Ouch.

edit: although a 31-year-old Chester Taylor did this in 2010:
-2 -1 -1 0 0 1 1 1 2 4 5

Followed four weeks later with this:
-3 -2 -1 -1 0 0 0 1 2 4 5

Is that Joique Bell line a full game with no injury?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

Yup. Plus a reception for a two yard loss.

But hey Chris Harris loves the guy woohoo fantasy sleeper status!

So bad. So very very bad.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Anyone interested in grading my Leagues rookie draft?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Sure, post it and I'll give my thoughts. I'm sure others will too.

Cool, here it is. I'm Metropolis Meteors:

If it's hard to read or the formatting sucks in general let me know and I'll make it better.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 17:19 on May 17, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Sorry. We do tiered PPR starting this season: QB/TE = 1 ppr (qbs getting one is a half joke thing since they don't catch balls too often), RB = .75, WR = .5 (just doing their drat jobs!)

Starting lineups: QB/RB/WR/TE/3x Flex/K/DST (league won't let me implement IDP :( )

Sounds like you guys liked my picks though, so that's good. I was pretty shocked Kenyan made it back to me at 3.09. I pulled for Ervin early because I own Lamar and am a sucker for handcuffs. (would have taken DeAndre Washington to go with my Latavius at 3.09 but got snaked by 3.08 who traded for 3.07 so he could get both picks he wanted)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

I've never seen/heard of that tiered PPR approach, but that seems like a really cool idea in theory. Gives a bit of a premium to volume TEs and makes 3rd down backs a bit more viable as starters as well.

I'll be interested to hear next offseason how it works in practice!

Yeah, I'm pretty curious about it in practice too. The idea was that because we utilize 3 flex spots the league basically became "stack WRs to the ceiling" so we wanted to counteract that by giving increased points to rbs/tes. The worry is that certain top tier rbs/tes will create a large gap between their peers. Looking at you Jamaal Charles.

I hope it works out though, I like flexible starting rosters much more so than rigid ones, just have to strike a balance. I am debating proposing positional limits on the roster for next season (only 5 WRs rosterable, 3 QBs, etc.), but hopefully won't need too.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
If ya'll are interested when the season starts I can post some player stats and stuff to see how the scoring bears out.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MrSargent posted:

What do you guys think of Tyler Eifert this year? I got lucky enough last year to pick him up in Round 11 or 12 last year so obviously got a huge amount of value out of him.

The biggest question I think is if he can maintain his TD numbers since his receptions/yardage totals weren't anything special. I want to say he will regress from 13 TD's last year, but let's look at the situation. The only other red-zone receiving threat on the team is AJ Green, and despite Eifert nabbing 13 TD's, Green still had 10 (only 1 less than his season-high), so I don't see that being cause for concern.

The other real unknown is if losing Sanu and Jones will open up more targets (and hence more receptions and yardage) for Eifert. I think it's reasonable to think they will go up since the Bengals did not pick up a WR in free agency, although they did grab one in the 2nd round.

Looking at TE's other than Gronk, Olsen is certainly at the top but I have to think his numbers go down slightly next year with Benjamin back in the mix. He also is not nearly the same red-zone threat as Eifert, given how often Cam/JStew run the ball in. I think that in the league I am in, even though there is decent competition, TE's are usually drafted on name recognition. I can see Reed and Walker slipping to the 6th+ where I think I can get good value. I know there is injury risk with Reed but the dude looked incredible last year and made some amazing plays and finished as the #2 TE in Standard playing only 14 games.

Well Eifert's going under the knife today so might want to see how he's recovering in a month or two.

e: I think he'll be healthy, and probably end up somewhere on the TE 2-5 rank.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MrSargent posted:

Yah literally a minute after posting that, I saw he was going in for surgery. Hopefully he will be good for the season.

Timeline puts him on track for late pre-season return so barring no setbacks he'll be rocking week 1. I think your analysis of his opportunity is spot on, but I'd keep an eye out on how Cincy starts fitting Tyler Boyd into their scheme. He seems like he could be a solid replacement for Marvin Jones, but then again every draftee has a chance to bust.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Does Eifert have a history of slow recovery?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
While I pray that ARob has no regression, I think scooping up Carlos Hyde and Devante isn't a terrible trade. It will boost your RB set as I think Hyde has the stuff to produce weekly, but I'm not sold on Devante so hopefully someone can give you some optimism there.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MrSargent posted:

I am going to have a real hard time outdoing my idea last year for selecting draft order in my 12-team re-draft league. I had everyone select a character from N64 Smash Brothers, made a bracket, and then assigned everyone a level 9 computer of their character, turned all items on high, and then let the computers go at it. A little more than half the league was able to attend and we were screaming at the AI characters for a good 45 minutes, rooting and disparaging them much like we would our fantasy players.

I am trying to find something that would be equally fair (the fights are so random, it barely matters what character you pick), interactive, with the possibility to participate remotely. If I can't think of anything, I might just go with the same idea since it went so well last year. Anyone have any cool draft order challenges?

We did a WWE 2k14 royal rumble to determine our draft order. We did it during our annual Super Bowl party, only about half the league watched while the others continued drinking and watching the half time show (why?!?!), but it was pretty dope.

I came out at the 10 spot (10 man league so final spot in the rumble), but was eliminated immediately so I ended up with the 6 or 7th pick double checked this, I ended up with the 4th pick.

I made them all 99s, and copied their moves from famous wrestlers on the roster (we have a friend who is 6'4 so I gave him Big Show, former champions got wrestlers like HHH, the Rock, Batista, etc. I had Dean Ambrose)

e: I'd love to make my league to a combine of sorts. A passing drill, 40 dash, maybe 1 or 2 other drills and then average the ranks of each person, sort by rank from there and call it good. Several of the lazier league mates will never go for it though.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 16:56 on May 26, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Ben Nevis posted:

Make it a fantasy combine. 40 oz chug time, time to pick the highest yardage player from an unsorted list of RBs, add/drop time, time to change the channel to Red Zone. Just start with the chugging.

I like this!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

Last year, the guy I avoided no matter how far he fell was Jimmy Graham. This year, it's Murray.

Which Murray?

e: also, in Ground Control, did you do a quick hit over Latavius during the "younger rb" post? Can't remember and don't have the time to look at the moment.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Is the moncrief hyped just based around the idea that the colts will be healthier this season? Some o line improvements hoping to keep luck on his feet?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

Mike Gillislee

This fucker right here cost me a championship as my opponent picked up the night before and slotted him week 16. gently caress THAT GUY

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'll admit I only think about it if it has a chance of affecting the player's play time.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I traded for Ben in dynasty because I was in a perceived pinch at qb. Now I can't dump him or Brady onto anyone in my league. :smith:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spoeank posted:

F_P confirmed Josh Gordon Martavis Bryant stasher

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Azhais posted:

I'm rostering tom brady, teddy bridgewater, and tyrod taylor and I ain't even mad

Current Dynasty QB Stable:

Tom Brady
Ben Roethlisberger
Cam Newton
Derek Carr

:smug:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

89 posted:

Can you pick up someone for $0 in FAAB if you run out of budget and nobody else wants that person?

If your league doesn't set a minimum price that should be the case.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
As the guy drafting second in your draft I encourage option A if that means Gurley for you...

(B)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Thanks Beer! Submitted my request already.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

89 posted:

So.....how many leagues is everybody in this year? Last year, I was in 5 and that seemed like too much.

2 leagues with the same people (one dynasty, one redraft) and possibly an idp only league.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spoeank posted:

AUSTIN YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE THE CHOSEN ONE

I keep shouting this into the void.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

I'd love to see ASJ on the Giants.

So he can ride the pine with injuries?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Teeter posted:

These are options as well, though with the caveat that I'm trying to keep it most accessible to lowest common denominator and Yahoo/NFL are more familiar. I've heard negative things about the MFL interface and I've sorta ruled out Clickydraft/DraftNight because I know that $20 will have to come out of my pocket. Are they really that much better?

This is for a basic keeper league. 2 players kept, penalty is 2 rounds before draft position last season. I have no clue why ESPN has such poo poo settings for this.

My league all loves yahoo over nfl. Our dynasty league is now on MFL though and we all love the customization capabilities.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sago posted:

All other things being equal, in a 0.5 PPR keeper league, who do you prefer: Allen Robinson, or Mark Ingram?

ARob

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
My league decided to cut our Dynasty rosters from 29 to 25, and I'm sitting at 33 players right (overflow from draft and IR spots). And I like my whole team (sans Zach Zenner). I don't know what to do.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Post it and let us confuse you even more

I was debating this.

My Roster:
QBs
Brady, Tom
Carr, Derek
Newton, Cam
Roethlisberger, Ben

RBs
Bernard, Giovani
Drake, Kenyan
Ervin, Tyler
Hill, Jeremy
Jones, Matt
McKinnon, Jerick
Miller, Lamar
Murray, Latavius
Prosise, C.J.
Sims, Charles
Ware, Spencer
West, Charcandrick
Zenner, Zach

WRs
Adams, Davante
Bryant, Martavis
Evans, Mike
Funchess, Devin
Higgins, Rashard
Jones, Marvin
Robinson, Allen
Tate, Golden
Thomas, Demaryius

TEs
Kelce, Travis
Miller, Zach
Seferian-Jenkins, Austin
Thomas, Julius

K
Tucker, Justin

Def
Bengals, Cincinnati
Packers, Green Bay

My cuts so far are probably:
Zach Zenner
ASJ

Probably need to cut a QB and Def as well. League is tiered PPR (QB/TE = 1pt, RB = .75, WR = .5), and 3 Flex (QB/RB/WR/TE/Flex x3/K/Def)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

DST in dynasty, gross.

Cuts for me:
Brady, Packers, Zenner, Zach Miller, Ervin, Higgins, Davante Adams, Kenyan Drake, then probably Bengals (assuming any DST hoarders will be dropping some with these cuts) or, I'd that makes you nervous, ASJ, or whichever of West or Ware you like less (I'd drop West of the two).

Yeah I pushed really hard for IDP, but some people think IDP is less fun which makes zero sense to me. (My suggestion was to implement IDP but keep roster size the same forcing managers to make cuts that way)

I wanted to keep Ervin as backup for Miller, and might hang on to one of the DSTs just because my league tends to hold the higher end ones. What's your thinking for dropping West over Ware? West was the one who got first dibs when Charles went down so I figured he'd be the lock of the two. I agree with Brady, Adams, Zenner, and the Packers. Hate to drop 2-3 of my rookie picks though :/

Has there been word out of the camps about Higgins, Ervin, or Drake?

E: I see Drake has hurt his hamstring. Higgins I'm not really hopeful for as was a late round flier deal, so I will probably cut him.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Aug 11, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

I'd cut Zach Miller before ASJ personally. ASJ still has a lot of upside - and even if you don't personally believe, you should still be able to get something for him in trade from another owner.

Also, before you make cuts, send out some aggressive package up trade offers to other owners (especially those who need to make fewer cuts than you). You may be able to consolidate some roster space or acquire rookie picks.

Here is who I'd recommend you cut:

Zenner
West (or Brady, but just know that someone contending team will likely scoop him up right away)
Ervin
Drake
Adams
Higgins
Packers D
Miller

Nice team, BTW.

Thanks, sadly after this season I only get to keep 14 of them (league decided we should "reset" rosters every 3 years with 14 players being keepable).

Seems like my rookies are first on the block. I asked RVP this, but why West instead of Ware?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

Although Charcandrick West made flashier plays, Ware severely outperformed him last season and is a better stylistic complement to Charles as a between-the-tackles pounder. There is a conceivable scenario in which Ware could offer some standalone value this year, especially if he handles short-yardage and goal-line work. Ware is a better late-round dart throw than West in fantasy

Makes sense. I figured it was largely the complementary to Charles bit, didn't realize he's considered the true No. 2.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Hey Spoeank, you just echoing others suggestions for my cuts? Want to get your thoughts on it as well because I'm insecure.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I wish compliments converted to trophies.

Thanks for help though. It's put my cuts into a much better perspective.

Spoeank posted:

Edit: trade a QB and another piece to get a really good RB sometime this year though. Consolidate that talent if you can

Yeah that's what I've been trying to do.

Do you think moving Gio/Hill as package is something I should look at?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Is David Johnson really worth one of the first four picks in .5 ppr?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

I'll add him to my "skip over" list with Zeke Elliott.

• Locked thread