Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
https://twitter.com/guga31bb/status/819398216584228864

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Spoeank posted:

6.8 PPG without Gronk.

So... worse.

Edit but somehow 7th overall in TE fantasy points

Isn't there a site that formally keeps track of streaming TE point totals each week? That seems like a good landmark for whether or not it was worth taking an early TE. If it was trivial to get respectable points for free, it was not worth it. My sense however is that streaming TE was a garbage fire this year.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Keep up you guys, it's been the Austin Hooper bandwagon for months now.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Ok, but that's easy. Tell me what's going to happen with Ertz in 2017.

Puts up 80 yards and a touchdown only in the games that you bench him, until he drops 40 points out of nowhere during the triumphant return of Nick Foles during week 14 but they lose anyways and are eliminated from playoff contention and so he spends the next three games checked out and content to let the running backs get pummeled into oblivion because he can't be arsed to block anybody during his mental vacation.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Sataere posted:

For example, dynasty trade calculator has the 1.01 pick in dynasty valued at 32 points. Ezekiel Elliott is 48.8 points. Julio Jones is 52.9. Where did those numbers come from? How did they determine these values?

I'll take a stab at this. I would largely suspect that in this case, they're more or less making up the dynasty pick value numbers (having discrete "steps" is a bit of a giveaway - e.g. 1.01 to 1.02 is the same distance as 1.02 to 1.03, which doesn't follow any sort of value function they would derive from actual numbers), which is dumb because pick value is ostensibly something we should be able to derive a value for (see here).

Then, they probably guesstimate "what picks would I trade such and such player for", and add up those pick values. If they were smart, they would get values from a bunch of different people and take the average or something. I can't promise they're smart.

Good luck with the blog, look forward to seeing what you cook up! Feel free to use any of the GroundControl apps you find helpful - that's what they're there for.

• Locked thread