Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Early question for the upcoming year. Who to keep out of Jamaal Charles, Eddie Lacy, Thomas Rawls and CJ Anderson? No penalties or rounds to worry about, just keep 2.

I've been thinking Charles/Rawls but keep hearing that Lacy looks really good. I got burned by him last year...am I missing something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Drunk Nerds posted:

For how long can you keep a player. If it's years and years, I'd go Rawls Lacy, Charles only has a season or two left in him, and if lacy turns it around you can get a lot of good seasons from him. Same for rawls

If it's just one season then you are forced to give them up, go Charles and lacy. Rawls seems to have a ton of ???s surrounding his injuries and the teams faith and o-line

Regarding what you're missing: lacy was called upon to do a lot of stuff out of his wheelhouse to compensate for the jordy injury. And he's slimmed down

Thanks. I keep 2 this year and 1 next year. What you're saying makes sense, it's just hard to trust a player after they had a flop of a year. No risk, no reward though.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Keep two this year, one next is interesting. What are the actual rules? That you can keep two players for their first year or one player for their second?

I would keep Charles and Lacy. I don't like that Seattle picked up all that competition for Rawls.

It's on a three year cycle. You keep any two players this year (my only other keepers I'd consider would be Mike Evans/Tom Brady). Next year, you only get one keeper (does not have to be the same as previous year). The third year, there are no keepers and everyone is in the draft pool.

We also determine draft order by who wins the consolation bracket of the playoffs, not worst team. Whoever wins that bracket gets whatever pick from 1-14. Second in that bracket gets next pick, and so on. Worst two teams end up picking seventh/eighth, and then the playoff bracket teams in reverse order.

Using the consolation bracket gives everyone something to play for and discourages deliberate tanking. One guy pulled all his starters in the last week (he forgot about the rule), giving his opponent an easy win, and he slid to second worst record, just missing the consolation bracket. We laughed at him. :)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Cervixalot posted:

Mike Evans is going to have a huge season, I am targeting him everywhere. I would keep him.

There's some regression to the mean coming with his super low TD numbers from last year, and the dude still put up 1200 yards with a billion drops and a rookie QB.

It's the drops that have me slightly concerned. I think he'll probably be available to redraft at picks 13/16 if I want him again, whereas Charles/Lacy/Rawls may be scooped up by then.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spoeank posted:

It's some seventh grade poo poo where a friend and I saw the letters in one of those busy work word searches to teach you about science somehow. It looked like a real word so we went with it. It's not a real word in any sense so it's really however your heart desires.

I pronounce it "Bob".

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Dandy Kaiser posted:

If you're in a return yards league, Jarvis Landry is a legit low-end WR1, dude was so money last year

Ssssssh! :ssh:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Looking for players to fill an experimental league where almost everyone is a flex play. One quarterback. Six flex positions. Four bench players. It's the Superflex League!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3784259

We have seven spots left. No idea if this will be a good idea or craptacular, but it should be an offense-a-palooza. Auction draft, FAAB, PPR, one keeper. I figured if you're gonna experiment, go hog wild. :)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

VietCampo posted:

Michael Thomas looks p decent so far, but lolpreseason.

There's been nothing but positive talk about him all preseason from the camp writers. I think he's going to have a great rapport with Brees.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Pain of Mind posted:

I ended up with the number 1 pick in the goon 20 team league. Does the scarcity of decent RBs and the fact I will not pick again for almost 40 picks put someone like Gurley (or whoever is the #1 RB) over Brown, even though Brown gets ~ an extra point per game for return yards and is typically the number 1 pick in more traditional leagues? Standard scoring outside of some points for returns.

Do like I did last year and draft Andrew Luck. Surely nothing wrong will come with that decision.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
In a 14 team league with 15 kick/punt return yards/1 point , when would be a reasonable time to think about drafting Tyler Lockett? Is the fourth round (pick 44) crazy?

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Aug 25, 2016

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Silly Burrito posted:

In a 14 team league with 15 kick/punt return yards/1 point , when would be a reasonable time to think about drafting Tyler Lockett? Is the fourth round (pick 44) crazy?

Bouncing this question to the front again before my draft tomorrow. I'm thinking I may be able to slide him into the fifth, but those projected return yards look awfully nice.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Luck for Brady/Tate or Brady/Austin. Makes sense, or keep Touchdown Tommy with Jameis as backup?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

VietCampo posted:

Well i have the #2 pick and can't make up my mind between ODB or Julio.

It's in a bonus points league with 1 PPR. Also get bonus for 40+ receptions.

Matt Ryan sucks, go ODB.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

IllegallySober posted:

I'd also like to know this but for a championship belt instead. I know I could just buy a WWE one or whatever but somebody's gotta make them, right?

Bought mine from http://www.undisputedbelts.com and proudly wore it to draft day last year. It turned people's heads (they were probably laughing but I had my big gold belt and didn't give a drat.) :)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Hopefully this means that Vikings opponents have to accept the possibility that a pass might be thrown, so Adrian Peterson will not always have eight in the box.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Someone just dropped Rashad Jennings. Worth using my #2 waiver wire status to pick him up on Thursday? Current RBs are Lacy, Charles, Terrance West, James White.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

VietCampo posted:

Grab him, you might even have to slot him in as your RB2 for the week.

RVProfootballer posted:

Absolutely worth it

Drunk Nerds posted:

G to the D, yes. Weird that someone dropped him right AFTER Andre Williams was cut, the surest sign yet that the Giants will feature Rashad

Thanks everyone. I figured the same, but just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking anything. With the news of Forsett resigning, I'm dropping West for Jennings (assuming it goes through.)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

pmchem posted:

Could just exclude kicker trades. I'd be fine with bench fodder trades.

But then why force people to do it? It just wouldn't be fun if people felt that they had to trade crap every week just for a small advantage. You'd get people to lose interest in the league quickly, I'd think.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Samu posted:

Can you guys convince me not to roster Jimmy Graham? I mean I know he was crap last year but I'm having a huge case of the "what ifs?". I mean the guy used to be the best TE in the league there must be some outside chance he regains form this year.

The Seattle offense is not the same as the New Orleans offense. Drew Brees loves his TEs. See: Antonio Gates, Jeremy Shockey, Jimmy Graham, BEN WATSON.

Jimmy may come back, and I still like him. I just don't see him putting up monster numbers like he did here, especially while coming back from the injury.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ayudo posted:

It's a shame. If they aren't even using Spiller for returns what's he on the team for?

He makes a hell of a jambalaya.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Doobie Keebler posted:

I started Clive Walford over Allen today because this thread told me that starting Walford all but guaranteed me a championship. I'll probably win this game anyway, but c'mon thread, let's get your act together.

Never believe anyone in this thread. We all know squat.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Who are realistic RB targets for Marvin Jones or Golden Tate in a 14 team league?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Drunk Nerds posted:

Right now? RB3s: Gore, henry, (if its not ppr) woodhead), etc. It's week 2, rbs are still in short supply and wrs are still abundant... a lot of owners think the shift from rb to wr at the top has erroneously affected this bottom line. Without knowing your settings or roster, I'd say wait until jones/tate has the inevitable great game and then shop them.

Thanks. Hurns and Henry are on my waiver wire and I'm flipping between who to try to pick up when they clear on Sunday. Thought Hurns but might lean towards Henry for the long term gain.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chernabog posted:

We are still playing Ware over Charles, right?

I'm playing Charles as my RB1.

That's all I've got.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
My Eddie Lacy and Jarvis Landry for his Devin Funchess and Todd Gurley. Has Gurley looked that bad?

Never mind, saw that Funchess was hurt and I need another WR.

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Oct 4, 2016

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
That feeling when you've been hit by injuries and byes and have to wonder about starting Giovanni Bernard or picking up Orleans Darkwa as your RB2....

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

That's what I'm doing. I'm really hoping Kenneth Dixon breaks out and I can count on him for the rest of the season. Tired of waiting on Jamaal Charles.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Martellus Bennett - sell high?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Arcturas posted:

So I am down 2 and done, where my opponent has the Panthers D left. So I need the bucs to get like 50 pts and 600 yds...

Welp.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
My wife and I are playing this week, and she's got Touchdown Tom. I've got both Kelce and Bennett. I realize last week's 3 TDs was an aberration, but dammit, I think I'm playing Bennett over Kelce this week. I forget the argument for starting WR/TE when your opponent has the QB, but I hope Bennett gets all the touchdowns today.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

RCarr posted:

Got offered his Doug Martin for my Sterling Shepard. (Non-ppr)

My team:
Qb- Wilson
RB- Bell, Elliot, D. Williams, Powell, Forsett, D. Lewis(IR)
Wr- Jordy, Marvin Jones, Sanders, J Brown, Shepard, Beasley, Meredith, Coleman(IR)
TE- Pitta

I do this, right?

I would.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

I bet Kelce scores this week.

I hope he does. I've got him in other leagues. I'm just playing Bennett over him in one league where I have both.

Quiet Feet posted:

I hope you beat your wife.

I see what you did there.

(But she's 4-1, and I need a win, so yeah, I hope I do.)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

RVProfootballer posted:

That is really really dumb. I hope you lose.

Martellus Bennett: 4.8 points
Travis Kelce: 3.2 points

It was the right call. :colbert:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I can't believe I just dropped Eddie Lacy for Don Jackson. But I did. Screw it. (Not starting him tonight though.)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Yet again, the RB position sucks save for two or three marquee players.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

VietCampo posted:

BTW as a heads up, i'm gonna furiously blame all of you when the collective weight of all us goons drags Gillislee to a 20/62/0 line before leaving with a sprained ankle.

So who's his backup so I can grab him now?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

MacheteZombie posted:

.5 ppr, would you drop Tyrell Williams for Ty Montgomery?

Is there no one else you can drop? The RB situation in Green Bay is murky as hell, but I did enjoy playing Montgomery last night.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

pubic works project posted:

Is there a reason why the Giants defense is projected so high? I thought they were garbage? In my league they're projected at 11 points.

They must've known something I didn't. I am out and just checked my score. 24 points from the Giants defense??? Holy hell that was a good call.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Just got a notice from ESPN. Try Montgomery will be classified as a RB (and WR too I believe) for the rest of this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

coronaball posted:

Enter the vacuum:

Team A receives: Antonio Brown, Crowell

Team B receives: Ezekial Elliott, Amari Cooper

Verdict?

B wins.