Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

weekly font posted:

One last fun draft story: one friend broke his fantasy cherry and to his credit put in a lot of work doing research but was so into his sheets that he wasn't keeping up and was constantly trying to draft Eddie Lacys and TY Hiltons in the double digit rounds. Adorable.

This always happens with least knowledgeable people in my leagues.

11th round... "I'll take Brandon Cooks."
"He was drafted in the 2nd round Jeff..."
"Ah, my bad, I'll take Dez Bryant then."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Who should I drop to pick up Christine Michael? (non-ppr)

Trying to decide between Snead, Powell, Rishad Matthews, and Michael Thomas.

I'm leaning Rishad Matthews. Thoughts?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Sep 6, 2016

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RCarr posted:

Who should I drop to pick up Christine Michael? (non-ppr)

Trying to decide between Snead, Powell, Rishad Matthews, and Michael Thomas.

I'm leaning Rishad Matthews. Thoughts?

Anyone? As a Charles owner I think I should grab Michael, especially with the news that Rawls probably isn't starting week 1.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Oh god someone please answer my question I have the add screen open and I'm about to roll a dice or something to decide.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You have literally zero reason to own a backup tight end. Drop Thomas.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Also drop/trade your backup QB and TE for RB lotto tickets.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

axelord posted:

So first time in a League with an IR spot.

Right now I'm leaning K. Dixon over Dion Lewis. Just because Dixon is probably going to be back sooner.

Anyone have any other good IR stashes?

Dion Lewis isn't on the IR. But I would rather have him because he has a much higher ceiling.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The Rawls owner wants Christine Michael from me. I'm not sure what to offer, as I just scooped him off waivers earlier today. Any thoughts on possible trades I could include him in?

My team:
http://tinypic.com/r/23vcpqp/9

His team:
http://imgur.com/a/klVLT

RCarr fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Sep 6, 2016

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm not even sure what that guy is trying to argue but I like it

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I've made 6 trades between my two leagues so far, and the season hasn't even started. :getin:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Vargo posted:

I figured I'd start by offering someone like Kamar Aiken, Kenny Stills, or Ajaiyi and see if he bites

This is a good way to immediately end negotiations. Don't offer people 10th round picks (or later) for their 2nd or 3rd round pick. At least make it SOMEWHAT reasonable if you want to get a back and forth going.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

It's really not the sane thing at all and I am definitely a Charles apologist his RB1 days are over sorry bros

I smell a :toxx:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Someone people just like to trade. There's a guy in my league who never makes the playoffs yet sends 20+ trade offers a day.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If nobody cared he'd be a top 5 pick. People DO care which is why he's falling to the 3rd round. Just like AP the year he came back from his ACL injury.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Guys... Football starts tomorrow 😊

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

I'm inheriting a pretty terrible keeper fantasy team, and will be starved for WRs, but will be picking first. I'm going to draft the highest ranked WR from Boris Chen's list as my first pick, but might not get other desirable top picks due to the keeper system. What are some good deals in the lower ranks that I should keep my eye out for?

Funchess, Aiken, & Michael Thomas can all be taken very late in drafts and have a lot of upside.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Soooo do I pick up West as a Charles owner? Probably worth it just to spite the dude who picked up Ware and has been bragging all week.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Woodhead has been "a good fantasy running back" for multiple years. C.Mike has been a constant disappointment literally every year he's been in the league.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Definitely wait until Sunday, he will probably play. If not, grab whoever Sunday morning.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Thank god I stood by my man CJ. 26 points baby!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Wilson finished the game, I'm sure he'll be fine to play next week.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So who are our top waiver pickups this week?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Poonerman posted:

in other news, sammy watkins might be significantly hobbled :shepface:

https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/775332634482409472

I have two shares of Sammy... :(

I'm gonna see if I can flip him before the news spreads. :getin:

RCarr fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Sep 12, 2016

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If I'm looking to trade Watkins before we find out the worst, what caliber player should I be targeting? Is Spencer Ware too aiming too low?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ninja Bob posted:

.5 PPR, I'm being offered:

Rob Gronkowski
Zach Miller
Markus Wheaton

for my:

Devonta Freeman.

My other RBs are Lamar Miller, Jeremy Langford, Giovani Bernard, Tevin Coleman, Javorius Allen and good ol' Bobby Turbin. My TE is Gary Barnidge.

I'm god awful at evaluating trades, but... I do this, right?

I say yes, in a heartbeat.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

As a Charles owner, would you trade Sammy Watkins for Spencer Ware straight up? (Non-ppr)

My team:

QB- Eli
WR- Hopkins
WR- Watkins
RB- CJ Anderson
RB- Ryan Mathews
TE- Dwayne Allen
FLEX- Hyde
B- Gronk
B- Charles
B- Shepard
B- John Brown
B- Gore
B- Snead

Edit: I really don't want to deal with Watkins' foot injury all season. Is giving him up for Ware aiming too low?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Sep 13, 2016

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RBX posted:

Julio and whatever for Antonio? I have bench fodder i'm gonna drop anyway. Don't trust the Falcons and Julio has ankle rumblings. 1 PPR

I don't think there's any way an AB owner is going to let go of him. The almost unanimous first overall pick just put up 30 points in standard scoring. It would take a tremendous offer.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RCarr posted:

As a Charles owner, would you trade Sammy Watkins for Spencer Ware straight up? (Non-ppr)

My team:

QB- Eli
WR- Hopkins
WR- Watkins
RB- CJ Anderson
RB- Ryan Mathews
TE- Dwayne Allen
FLEX- Hyde
B- Gronk
B- Charles
B- Shepard
B- John Brown
B- Gore
B- Snead

Edit: I really don't want to deal with Watkins' foot injury all season. Is giving him up for Ware aiming too low?

Any thoughts on this? I have an offer on the table from the Ware owner, but he's shopping him so it might not last long.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

CompeAnansi posted:

With Ertz likely being out for multiple weeks do you think I can safely drop him in a small bench league?

Easily, yes.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

For the love of God someone please tell me if trading my Sammy Watkins for his Spencer Ware is worth considering (Non-ppr, I own Charles).

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

weekly font posted:

Yeah probably. How good is your WR depth?

Thank you :)

Hopkins
Watkins
John Brown
Shepard
Snead

We start 2 WR and a FLEX

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

aellisr posted:

Trade a potential Top 10 WR for a handcuff RB? Charles will return, don't panic buy/trade after Week 1. You should be able to get a lot more for Sammy.

They are talking about possibly shutting him down for the season, and the Bills looked absolutely terrible is why I'm considering it. I just don't really look forward to dealing with his bum foot all season.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Drop Funchess for Tyrell Williams or Jerrick McKinnon?

Standard scoring non-ppr

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Who should I replace my injured Ertz with out of this poo poo heap? (non-ppr)

Bennett
Cook
Graham
Miller
McDonald
Walford
Clay
Cameron
Rudolph
ASJ
Rodgers
Gilmore
Donnell
Celek

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Blimpkin posted:

My big money league team is off to a great start this year having taken Week 1 135-100, and I'm really stoked about the viable long term status of most of my team's core, but I know I'm gonna have to try to make a move or two to make it really a contender.

I can't take to the bank last week because my guys just aren't going to do that every week. We had one keeper, which I used on Eddie Lacy to take him 9th overall, and then drafted the team before you.

Since it's a 16 team 1ppr, I went RB(K), then WR, WR, WR, RB. So far, so good.

QB: Andy Dalton
RB: Eddie Lacy, TJ Yeldon, Dion Lewis(IR)
WR: Brandin Cooks, Doug Baldwin, Michael Crabtree, Michael Floyd, Eli Rogers, Devin Funchess
TE: Jacob Tamme, Charles Clay
D/ST: Bills, Bears
K: Matt Bryant

Any ideas for where I should start thinking about shoring up weakness? Maybe flipping Yeldon and Floyd for someone?

I'm also very content with my team as constituted. I'm waiting for the Woodhead owner in my league to make me an offer.

You have two active RB's on your team... Even if you only start one RB, that's a glaringly painful weakness right there. Your first second and third priority should be shoring up the RB position.

Get rid of your backup TE, and D/ST immediately for some running backs.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RB depth is arguably the most important aspect of fantasy football.

Drop whichever TE and D/ST you like less, and see what RB's are available off waivers/free agency. You said it's a 16 team league so you're probably not going to find any gems, but anything is better than not having any backup RB's. Look at the post a few pages back which ranked this week's waiver pickups. Maybe see if you can package a WR or two for a RB in a trade.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Doesn't sound too outlandish to me. I'd consider it in the right circumstances.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Elysium posted:

Some jackass in my work league dropped Le'Veon Bell last night and someone else snatched him up before I noticed :/

A league with no waiver system is not a league to be a part of.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The hype was literally "we hope this replacement player does well" lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Would you guys consider it collusion to offer a trade that's contingent on you not using a specific player that week? I want to trade Brady for Marvin Jones but the person who has Jones is playing me this week.

Like he will only agree to the trade if you bench Jones this week? I'd say that's collusion. After the trade he's your player, and you can do whatever you like with him.

• Locked thread