Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Defenses are not penalized in Yahoo on pick sixes; only the extra point counts against them. Personally I prefer the Yahoo interface since it looks more modern, has more statistical tools available, and in my opinion has a more clearly defined user flow. But to each his/her own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

MacheteZombie posted:

In my leagues experience Yahoo counts any kind of score against a defense.

It might be a configurable setting, but my experience and https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN6441.html say otherwise, at least by default.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
Pillbug
Isn't it also conceivable that Robinson's volume will come down as well? I was under try impression that the Jags threw an insane amount last year because their defense was so bad, and it's unlikely that they'll be trailing quite as much as last year.

I also think that Hopkins is the sort of superstar-level talent that can't fail, and I'm not 100% sure that Robinson is on that same exact level.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
Pillbug
ESPN's rules say that anyone with an asterisk next to them is eligible for IR, by the way. So you could pick up Dion Lewis.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
Pillbug
I believe Woodhead was the #8 overall RB last year in half PPR so you should probably keep him.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
Pillbug

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Do ESPN default settings really only give you points once you hit a yardage multiple of 10 because that's seriously the worst poo poo I've ever seen

Yeah it's super dumb, the default setting is 10 yards to one point, which only gives whole numbers. You have to set it to 0.1 points per yard.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
Pillbug
Any reason to pick up the likes of Stills, Kerley, Rogers, or Vereen while dropping Hogan, Aiken, Torrey Smith, Wheaton, or DeAndre Washington? Wheaton/Rogers is tough because it's hard to tell how that offense will shape up when he and Bell return. I suppose Aiken only got around a 50% snap count percentage which is pretty terrible.

edit: non PPR

opposable thumbs.db fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Sep 18, 2016

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
Pillbug

Forever_Peace posted:

Non ppr Torrey/Wheaton for Stills/Kerley seems like an easy choice to me.

I don't have high hopes for Aiken but I can't imagine that the Ravens will feature Steve Smith so heavily as the season continues. Just not the same guy any more. :smith:

Also everybody go submit a 1kyob in TFF.

Non PPR, right. 1KYOB is super fun, speaking as someone who just started this year.

I struggle to deal with how much to weight the Bayesian priors of players after week 1. After week 2, it's easier to spot trends but it's hard to tell how much of week 1 was just a fluke.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
Pillbug
Whoa, Abdullah to IR.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
Pillbug
Apparently there are supposed to be crosswinds of ~25mph gusting up to 35-40mph during Baltimore versus Washington. I feel that this has to be a significant downgrade for Cousins, Flacco, and DJax, correct?

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
Pillbug
Of Jones' three remaining games in the regular season, two are great matchups (Jacksonville and New Orleans), and his playoff schedule is decent as well. I ended up with both Tate and Jones on a team and I may well start both of them against New Orleans.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
Pillbug
Gore is actually averaging more points per game than Hilton is, even if you remove from Hilton's stats the game in which he got injured. Still not sure it's a good trade, but Gore has been very productive.

Edit: in standard scoring. In PPR, Hilton is leading by 1.7 points per game.

opposable thumbs.db fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 15, 2016

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
Pillbug
My WRs are Golden Tate, Pryor, Marvin Jones, Cobb, and Gabriel. Worth using the #1 on Jeffery? I should have picked him up while he was in FA. RBs are set (DJ, McCoy, Gore, Dixon)

opposable thumbs.db fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Dec 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
Pillbug
I suppose the question is also about the worth of Jeffery--I still don't really trust Barkley but I suppose it's not like I have better options.

• Locked thread