Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Absolutely. Either reply here or PM me and let me know if you want in for a draft only MFL league starting as soon as I get 12 people. I'll need e-mail addresses to invite people.

I'm in again this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

RCarr posted:

How long does the average 10-12 person dynasty draft take?

(The first draft of a new dynasty league I mean, not the yearly rookie draft)

I am on round 24 of 27 of a 12 team dynasty startup draft that started on Sunday morning. The draft is a slow email snake with a 4 hour clock for each pick, with rookies included and pick trading allowed.

I'm usually an auction guy, but the pick trading aspect made this pretty interesting.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Spoeank posted:

lmao Brad Evans just dropped a post that boils down to "if you don't want to take Zeke in the first you're a big ol pussy"

He also is the guy with David Johnson as RB #1

He is the biggest fantasy blowhard on twitter dot com

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Speaking of Zeke, I ended up lucking into the 1.01 and 1.03 picks in my main dynasty league by trading in-season. I'm thinking of capitalizing on the hype train by selling the 1.01.

We're entering Year 2 of our league, and I dominated the regular season and ended up placing 3rd overall in 2015. My team is a strong contender again this year - and the guy with the 1.02 pick is hot after Zeke. I'm thinking of asking for the 1.02 + Jordy (for my second flex spot) or 1.02 + 2017 1st. Not too crazy of asks I should think, given current market value.

My team:
12 team, start 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 RB/WR/TE FLX 1 K 1 D/ST, .5 PPR

QB: Palmer, Rivers
RB: Yeldon, Lewis, Mathews, Gore, Ivory, Foster, Lynch, Hightower, Cobb
WR: ARob, Dez, Marshall, DJax, Snead, Stevie Johnson, Smelter, Conley, Strong
TE: Gronk, Walford, Amaro
D/ST: Texans
Draft Picks: 1.01, 1.03, 3.11

Zeke might be the shot in the arm I need to win now, but long-term if I can trade him for the 1.02 and a 2017 1st my team would likely be better off. The rest of my team is good enough that I could probably get by with my current RB situation, but there are a lot of injury risk names there...

What do you all think?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

There are a ton of different strategies out there, but I'll try to distill a few commmon themes I've picked up from playing in a few leagues and digesting way too much content (articles, podcasts) on the subject.

This is my personal philosophy:

Focus on building your team on a strong core young wide receivers with upside. WRs have the longest careers, and as such, retain value longer than RBs. They also have more trade value in most leagues.

Avoid taking veterans (specifically 27 or 28 +) in early rounds unless you're getting great value. Veterans in later rounds are fine, but use your top draft picks to stockpile players who either project to keep or increase value over the next 2-3 years. Don't build your team looking to compete in year 1.

Don't get rookie fever. Look for opportunities to grab post-hype sleepers or sophomores/3rd year players who underperformed and didn't take the field last year (White, Perriman, Agholor, T. Coleman). Rookies are way overhyped and valued at this time of year.

Stockpile backup RBs and third-down backs in the mid-late rounds. Especially in PPR formats, pass catching RBs can put up decent production even without a full load of touches (Theo Riddick for example), and with RB attrition, backups can quickly find themselves stepping into the lead role (see last year - Devonta Freeman, Buck Allen, even Tim Hightower) due to injury. Trade RBs who you don't see keeping their value beyond the season.

I'm a late round QB guy, and think you can get by just fine with the Philip Rivers/Andy Dalton platoon approach. If you want to grab Luck, Cam or Rodgers early to not have to worry about the position, that's viable as well, especially if they fall to where they are a value.

TE is usually Gronk or nothing. In a year or two, I'd recommend against taking Gronk in the first round due to age and Brady retiring, but I still think it's a fine move this year. If not Gronk, I'd grab a cheaper vet and a young guy with high upside (ASJ, Ertz, etc.). Eifert and Reed are too expensive IMO.

If trading picks during the draft is allowed, look for opportunities to trade back to accrue value. Make a tier list for each position, and use that to help find opportunities: if a tier ends before your pick, look for an opportunity to trade out to acquire future rookie picks and mid-late round startup picks.

Don't be afraid to trade up for 'your guy' either, just don't sell the farm to do it.

Trading might be hard the first year as people get attached to the teams they drafted and built, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be talking to owners and sending feeler offers to keep the lines of communication open.

Try to trade for draft picks (especially first rounders) in season, especially if you aren't competing. 2017 is looking like a stacked class, especially for RBs, and the cost will only get more expensive after the season ends.

There's probably more, but that's already a huge wall of text so...

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Also, I just did a startup last week for a brand new dynasty league with some new owners, if you want to use our draft for a general reference for where players are going. My team is 'Nuk the Whales.'

http://www66.myfantasyleague.com/2016/options?L=69189&O=113&DISPLAY=LEAGU

Happy to do a postmortem on my approach and the decisions I made (good and bad - there are both), if it interests you (or anyone else). It's Friday, and dynasty fantasy football is the poo poo.

Edit: Here's my final roster - http://www66.myfantasyleague.com/2016/options?L=69189&O=07&F=0005

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Ok, that's twice I've spent way too long writing a post that's gotten eaten by the quick reply tab. I'm going to have to write this up later, sorry RCarr.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Dynasty Startup Draft Journal, Part 1:

Link to completed draft: http://www66.myfantasyleague.com/2016/options?L=69189&O=17

I outlined my dynasty strategy/philosophy in a previous post (http://forums.somethingawful.com/newreply.php#post459844645), which is the general roadmap I planned to follow for this startup.

Essentially, I decided I'd shoot to take WRs in the first 4-6 rounds, grab pass-catching and backup RBs in the mid-rounds, and take a young high upside/veteran platoon approach to TE and QB, unless players fell to values that I couldn't pass up. I also decided that there were two players I wanted to leave the draft with at whatever cost (within reason), and was willing to reach and/or overpay a bit to obtain them: Kevin White, and one of the three top tier rookie WRs (Treadwell, Coleman, Doctson).

I was assigned the 1.04 draft slot in the 12 man snake draft at random. To me, this represented the end of the top tier of 4 WRs (Odell, Nuk, Antonio, Julio), and I was happy to end up with any of those 4 as a key anchor to my team. However, I did make some attempts to trade back late into the first to take an ARob/Evans/Watkins type add some 2017 rookie picks or mid round startup picks, but couldn't make a deal happen.

The draft was done through MFL, with a 4-hour clock for each pick, with the clock stopping after I believe 9 PM EST. The league uses the GroupMe app, which allows for group chat and direct messaging opportunities, which made it easy to do trade negotiations throughout the draft. We kicking things off on a Sunday morning.

12 Teams, 1 PPR, 6 Point Passing TDs
Start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 2 RB/WR/TE FLX, 1 TE

1.04 - Julio Jones, WR
No surprises here. After my unsuccessful attemps to trade back, I was happy to take Julio Jones, who I feel should keep his #1 WR upside for the next 2-3 years. He's a target monster, and in a 1 PPR format, that will add up quickly every week. I don't love that he is 27 years old (and ended up being my oldest WR), but he should still be an excellent core asset for my team for the next few years. That said, I may consider shopping him around to move down to that next tier of young guys before the end of the 2016 season.

2.09 - Kevin White, WR
I had hoped that one of the Keenan Allen/Cooks/Alshon tier of WRs would fall to me here, but after two tradeups and a run on WRs, I had no such luck. Since the next group of WRs is the 'poised for breakout group' of Parker/Moncrief/White, I made a bit of a reach here and took my favorite of the group in White. I'm a Bears fan, so it's partially a homer pick, but Kevin White would easily be the top WR in this 2016 rookie class, and by all accounts, have recovered nicely in the offseason. His size and athleticism are really good, and his later college production also bodes well for a promising career. He is a guy I could see being a top 12 dynasty asset in a year or two, so this pick is largely on upside and homerism :)

Parker and Moncrief went 1-2 right after me, and at least one guy on chat lamented White going off the board, so I'm pretty confident that I would have had to reach to get him here.

3.04 - T.Y. Hilton, WR
I considered Hilton at 2.09 as a safer investment than White, so I was pleased to have him make it around again to me. I think Luck's injury last year led to a decrease in Hilton's value, and though he's 26, is another solid building block WR with many years of production ahead of him. To this point, I haven't seen any RBs, QBs or TEs fall to me that I would consider overwhelming value, so it's been pretty easy so far to stick to my original gameplan.

Obviously, not everyone agreed, as after my pick, there was a mini a run on QBs with three selected in a row. That's great for me, as it means more WRs are getting pushed down the board to my next pick!

Laquon Treadwell was the first rookie WR off the board at 3.11, and with 10 picks still remaining until I selected again, I decided to try and trade up to grab one of Josh Doctson or Corey Coleman, who I considered neck in neck for the #2 WR spot in this class. I opened negotiations with the owner with the 3.12 and 4.01, as well as the owner of the 4.02 to see what it would cost to move up in the fourth.

The guy on the turn wanted a 2017 1st rounder to move up 10 slots, which was a non-starter to me. After seeing him select DGB with the first of his two picks, I focused on the 4.02 owner and ended up getting a deal done with him.

TRADE UP! 4.02 - Josh Docston, WR
After negotiation, I gave up my 5.04 and 7.04 pick for the 4.02 and 10.02. I moved down three rounds to move up one, essentially. I gave up value to do so, but I felt that it was worth it in this case. Rookie player value tends to be insulated from year 1 to year 2, so if I end up souring on my player's prospects, I should be able to still trade him for at least 75% of his original value, next offseason, barring catastrophic injury or off the field issues.

Given my investment of high draft capital into White, who still carries a decent amount of risk, I wanted my next unproven pick to be 'safer.' Out of Coleman and Doctson, I felt that Doctson was the safer of the two picks, and most likely to retain value through next year, especially if he only gets limited playing time this year (possible, given his landing spot and the WAS depth chart). Doctson got great size, instincts and hands, and will be an excellent red zone threat for Washington.

4.09 - Breshad Perriman, WR
After making a 'safer' pick in Docston, I went ahead and threw caution to the wind and took another unproven sophomore who didn't see the field last year. This is a 'blinded by upside' pick, and probably my biggest regret of the draft. Injury and depth chart concerns still loom large with Perriman, but if he can get healthy and put it together, he can be Joe Flacco's best friend and deep threat for the next 5-7 years. Dude has an insane size/speed combo.

In my defense, I did try to trade back to accrue some later picks here, but had no luck. In retrospect, I probably should have taken Tyler Lockett here rather than roll the dice again on an eye popping measurables guy. I might try shopping Perriman to see what I can get.

5.04 - Traded pick away to move up to 4.02.

That's it for now. In my next post, I'll talk about why I traded up again in Round 6, and shifting from drafting WRs to RBs.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 14, 2016

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Forever_Peace posted:

Holy smokes that's a lot of risk. On their own, the White, Perriman, and Doctson moves are all potentially individually justifiable for a gambler, but doing all three with nearly the entirety of early draft capital is ballsy as hell. Two years from now you could be just as easily dead last as a perennial winner. But hey, I guess that's better than being stuck in neutral forever!

Interested in hearing why you took Smelter over Coleman, Wright, or Bennett. That's the only really strange one in the mid-rounds for me - I really like the Lewis/Prosise/McKinnon/Ben picks.

Gronk Wears Short Shorts crushed it, despite spending like ten picks on shameless Pats homerism and a 3rd on Freeman over Miller/TY/Kelvin.

Yeah, I definitely regret the Perriman pick in particular, but I will say I am much more comfortable with risk than the average dynasty owner, for better or for worse. I built this team with a heavy youth movement/UTH philosophy in mind. With few exceptions, I selected only players who stand to maintain or increase their value in the next 2 years. I am super active on the waiver wire and trade market, and am usually ahead of the curve in rising/falling player values compared to the rest of my leagues, so I plan to use that to my advantage.

I took Smelter there for a few reasons. I like his tape and his metrics (dude has 11 inch mitts) and he has a clear path to a big role in his offense, though he's admittedly raw. His pricetag has been steadily increasing (he's gone from a 3rd/4th round rookie pick in value to an early-mid 2nd in the past few months), and could see a big jump this coming season if he does anything with his opportunity. I own Smelter in every league I'm in.

I also didn't think he'd be there when my pick came back around. Based on previous picks and trade chatter, I noted that two other owners in the league seemed to have adopted relatively similar drafting strategies to me (n9ners nation and sammie's sleeves) and preferred similar types of players. Not to metion one of them is a Niners homer.

Was it a reach? Sure. But since I"m not aiming to compete in year 1, I'd much rather pick up a player that has a good chance to increase his value (and an outside chance of hitting a home run) than someone like Kendall Wright, who I see as only going down in value from this point forward.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Dynasty Draft Journal, Part 2:

Since I traded away my 5th round pick, my next available pick was 6.09.

However, TJ Yeldon, an RB I have ranked higher than most (I don't believe Ivory is going to cut into his workload as much as people think), fell into the early 6th round, at least a round later than I expected him to be taken. I didn't believe he'd make it to me at 6.09, so I negotiated a trade up to take him at 6.02.

TRADE UP! 6.02 - TJ Yeldon, RB

I gave 10.09, 12.09, 15.04 and my 2017 2nd rounder for 6.02, 11.02 and 17.02.

It's sorta hard to parse this one, but I moved up four rounds from 10 to 6, up one from 12 to 11, and back two from 15 to 17. The 2017 2nd made up the difference. We're in mid-to late first round rookie pick range values in the early 6th, so I think this was a pretty good move for me, though time will tell if I'm right on Yeldon.

6.09 - Dion Lewis, RB

I would have taken Allen Hurns here if he fell to me, but I'm pretty happy with the RBs available at this range. I was choosing between Dion, CJ and Ajayi here, and felt pretty comfortable in a 1 point PPR format going with the highly productive Lewis at this spot. While his health might be a question mark, his usage, NE's signing him to an extension and their lack of capital spent on an RB in the offseason gives me confidence in his role for at least the next year or two.

Devontae Booker being drafted high in Denver gave me pause for CJ, despite his big money contract.

I traded my 7th round pick away earlier, so my next pick is:

8.09 - Zach Ertz, TE
As I mentioned earlier, I don't love taking TEs or QBs early, but I thought Ertz was a nice value here. His stats over the past few years have been trending upwards, and Philly extending him with a nice contract is a good sign for his future. Maybe Doug Pederson will use him more than they used Kelce in KC?

9.04 - CJ Prosise, RB
My run on RBs continues. Prosise is a converted WR, and was drafted by Seattle to be their third down back. He has potential to be an every down player if he develops, but I think he still has plenty of value even if he only catches passes. Immediately after making this pick, I had an owner reach out and try to trade for him, so I'm keeping that in mind for later.

I considered taking Jerick McKinnon or Marcus Mariota (who I thought slipped way farther than he should have) here, but since rookie fever was starting to ramp up as evidenced by the draft board, I figured I'd have to strike sooner rather than later if I wanted to walk away with one of the top rookie RBs.

10.02 (acquired through trade) - Jerick McKinnon, RB
Mariota went off the board at the turn much to my chagrin, but McKinnon was still hanging around at my next pick, which made this an easy decision. Great metrics, flashed some serious ability in his limited role last year, and as much as AP wants to play until he's 40, at some point, the Vikings are going to move on.

11.01(acquired through trade) - Ben Roethlisberger, QB
With 6 point passing TDs, it's less easy to pass on good QBs at this range. Even sans Martavis Bryant, the PIT O should be great this year, and Ben still has a couple of years left of play in him. Loved the value here, but I will need to make sure I also take a young QB to develop, and a serviceable backup to plug in in case of injury. Normally I wouldn't roster 3 QBs in a 12 team, start 1 league, but with roster sizes, most will be rostered.

11.04 - DeAndre Smelter, WR
I posted my rationale on Smelter above, but basically, reached for the player, high upside, possibile breakout this year. He's been an offseason hyped sleeper, and the metrics look good.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

RVProfootballer posted:

What are starting requirements, and any PPR?

Unless standard scoring, I definitely like Doctson over Henry. Personally would go Shepard and Thomas over him too, but those aren't as clear cut. Prosise at 9 is fine. I probably would've taken Marshall and Howard before the WRs taken in the second, but I'm just not super excited about Fuller or Miller. I actually don't know anything about Ervin, ha. I know he's the only potentially credible RB behind Lamar Miller, but nothing else. I should probably fix that. Round 3 and 4, who knows, but I like the Drake pick for if Ajayi just isn't any good.

Kenyan Drake is great value in the late 3rd. I am also down with Prosise at 1.09, especially if it's full PPR.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I've never seen/heard of that tiered PPR approach, but that seems like a really cool idea in theory. Gives a bit of a premium to volume TEs and makes 3rd down backs a bit more viable as starters as well.

I'll be interested to hear next offseason how it works in practice!

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Mike Evans is going to have a huge season, I am targeting him everywhere. I would keep him.

There's some regression to the mean coming with his super low TD numbers from last year, and the dude still put up 1200 yards with a billion drops and a rookie QB.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Reed is going to get a concussion and retire this season because he's had a bakers dozen in the last few years.

Niles Paul is going to step up in bis absence and be a top 12 TE this year.

I'm half kidding.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Spoeank posted:

By the way I'm very glad this thread is picking up steam. Debating fantasy football is my jam.

Hear, hear. I've gotten into dynasty pretty hard the past year, but I'm pretty stoked that redraft league drafts are just about 3 months away.

And thanks to whoever recommended the Fantasy Footballers podcast. Has become a mainstay in my too-many fantasy podcast weekly lineup. Good discussion and debate amongst the hosts, and above all entertaining.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Dandy Kaiser posted:

It's almost as if Kyle Rudolph is not good at football and TEs are dumb and bad

Sometimes I think you are a bot that responds only to TE-related keywords

Hunter Henry

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Basic waiver wire primer, keep at least one bench spot churnable all season long

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Anyone have a good list of players who get a boost from punt/kick return scoring (1 pt per 25 yards)?

Off the top of my head, some of the higher ranked options that get a boost are:

Antonio Brown
Tyler Lockett
Jarvis Landry

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Forever_Peace posted:

Yeah you're right, poking around, it looks like Brady's chances of getting the suspension deferred is lower than I thought.

FFC has Moncrief at 7.09 with a SD of 10 spots in 12-team ppr. Mid-8th would be pretty lucky (like less than a quarter of the time) but is possible.

Sorry, I was proposing drafting from the 4-6 spot in a 12-team snake draft. Nuk would be the 1st, Alshon 2nd, Rawls 3rd.

The Moncrief hype is off the charts this year, and his ADP is likely only going to rise between now and the beginning of the season, barring a setback on his turf toe.

He's currently the 46th player off of the board in MFL redraft leagues; and 45 in MFL10s.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

Is the moncrief hyped just based around the idea that the colts will be healthier this season? Some o line improvements hoping to keep luck on his feet?

Here's one explanation:

https://twitter.com/4for4_John/status/740239045335252992

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jun 7, 2016

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Rookie TE Tyler Higbee probably committed a hate crime and gave a dude a brain hemorrhage so maybe add him to the list?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Im on the clock next in a dynasty startup... 21st round, gotta decide between Wallace, Aiken and Moore. Decisions...

And man does that suck for Perriman. Dude has been snakebit to start his career. Hopefully he can get healthy.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jun 11, 2016

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Spoeank posted:

Did they do a hair transplant too

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 14, 2016

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Dion Sims ain't a bad flier if and when Jordan Cameron breaks in half on the field this year.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Smith is like the perfect safe floor QB for 15 points a week or whatever in case of bye week or emergency.

Speaking of QBs, I just drafted in my first dynasty Superflex league, and I absolutely love the format. Makes for a lot tougher decisions and different strategies in drafting, and makes the QB position pretty interesting.

Also saw some pretty interesting draft trends, as the group I drafted with was super youth crazy. For example, I got Matt Forte in round 19, while DeAndre Smelter went a full nine rounds earlier. I like the guy as a prospect, but drat.

It's a superflex league where each team can roster two devy players, but that still seems absurd to me.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

AJ Green is going to get more targets than God this season

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

RVProfootballer posted:

How do ya'll feel about Luck in a dynasty, 2QB, non PPR league? The usual premier spot of WRs relative to other positions is eroded a bit due to no PPR, and obviously 2QB pumps up QB values a ton. This time last year, he and Rodgers were the unanimous pick 1 and 2, even in full PPR 2QB leagues. Does Luck get back to that?

From what I've seen, yes. The Superflex/Devy Startup (1 PPR) draft I just completed had the first round play out like this:

1.01 Luck
1.02 OBJ
1.03 Nuk
1.04 Cam
1.05 Wilson
1.06 Rodgers (Me)
1.07 Bell
1.08 Winston
1.09 Carr
1.10 Gronk
1.11 ARob
1.12 Brown

As I mentioned in a previous post, there were some super youth oriented people in this draft that led to some crazy value from players falling. The guy on the turn got Brown/Julio back to back...

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

MrSargent posted:

This has to be dynasty right? Even then the Winston/Carr picks baffle me.

Yes, it's dynasty. The Carr/Winston picks are at least a round too early (if not two) for Superflex IMO, and it's criminal that Julio slipped into the second round.

The guys that took Carr/Winston took QBs for the first 4-5 rounds then stacked youth afterwards, so it was specifically a strategic decision to reach as far as I can tell.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jun 20, 2016

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

If any dynasty players want to do some mock drafting, hit me up. I'm running a series of start up mocks on reddit that add new rulesets to each subsequent draft (pick trading, TE premium, points per carry, Superflex, Devy) so people can test out strategies and try out new formats without having to commit to a league.

I'm heavily encouraging people to discuss their picks and strategy throughout these drafts, so hopefully there will be some value to be had for observers as well.

Shoot me a PM or reply in this thread if you are interested, and I'll get you set up.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Around this time last year, NFL.com's Matt Harmon posted an in-depth look at a sophomore WR he predicted would break out in 2015 using his 'Reception Perception' methodology of charting the breakdown of a WR's route tree and his success rate against different types of coverage. That WR was Allen Robinson.

He just revealed this year's breakout candidate: Tyler Lockett.
http://www.thebackyardbanter.com/reception-perception-welcome-the-ascending-tyler-lockett-to-rarified-status.html

Expect Lockett's ADP to get a big bump in both redraft and dynasty.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

My dynasty league sets a minimum price of $1 and it's run by me. Am I a moron?
We let you keep as many players as you want for as long as you want, but their salaries go up by 10% a year. If you had players kept at zero dollars, you could keep them forever for free. That seems bad.

He's talking about being able to use $0 bids for weekly FAAB bidding to pick up players on waivers, not salary contracts. It makes it so if you want to pick up a player but not place a bid, you don't have to stay up til 3 AM or whatever for FCFS to open.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

If you're a craft beer nerd, and looking for a new FF league this year, we've got two spots open in the Goon ISO:FT League, now entering its 3rd season.

It's a pretty basic 16 teamer with .5 PPR scoring (though we're looking at adding a few tweaks this year like return yards). Each owner puts up $50 worth of local craft beer as their buy-in, and at the end of the season, ships boxes to the winning teams (as well as top regular season points scorers, consolation winners, etc.).

Here's our thread from last year: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3732413

PM me if you are interested, first come first served. Once full, we're going to start up a new thread and get our draft scheduled.

Also, ask me about how I got knocked out of the semi-finals last year when a Tim Hightower TD got called back due to an illegal formation.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Forever_Peace posted:

Only in 1 redraft league this year (plus the two goon dynasty leagues), kind of tempted to add another redraft.

What would the goon interest be in a 12-team half-ppr superflex and return-yard deep-bench auction league with no kickers and no defenses and a FAAB budget?

I'm in too many leagues already but this sounds really fun. Put me in as a 'maybe.'

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

If anyone is up for a dynasty mock draft, I have one space left in an MFL mock slow draft that's about to kick off. We're using Scott Fish Bowl scoring, which attempts to equalize positions - it should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Superflex, TE Premium, .25 points per carry. 1QB/2RB/3WR/TE/4Flex/1SFLEX

Pick trading is also allowed, so it might be good practice for anyone who has dynasty startups on the horizon.

Let me know!

Edit: filled up.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Aug 6, 2016

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Takes Niles Paul in the last round or keep him on WW speed dial for when Jordan Reed breaks in two.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Papes posted:

Hey gang, I'll make a proper thread later but I'm starting up a dynasty league and need players.

If anyone is interested in a dynasty league with:

- auction draft
- blind bidding waivers
- superflex
- full ppr, 1.5 ppr for tes
- .2 points per carry
- no kickers

send me a pm or reply in this thread. I'm thinking around a $25-30 buy in.

Bumping to get more goons to jump in on this. Full kitchen sink dynasty madness.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

LmaoTheKid posted:

How many of those targets is he going to drop?

You mean draw PI calls?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/tomecurran/status/763019627895070720

Maybe all of those Chris Hogan shares I've been aquiring will actually pay off...

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

The Goon Beer FF League expanded to 16 teams last year and it was pretty fun. Definitely made things challenging!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

I was debating this.

My Roster:
QBs
Brady, Tom
Carr, Derek
Newton, Cam
Roethlisberger, Ben

RBs
Bernard, Giovani
Drake, Kenyan
Ervin, Tyler
Hill, Jeremy
Jones, Matt
McKinnon, Jerick
Miller, Lamar
Murray, Latavius
Prosise, C.J.
Sims, Charles
Ware, Spencer
West, Charcandrick
Zenner, Zach

WRs
Adams, Davante
Bryant, Martavis
Evans, Mike
Funchess, Devin
Higgins, Rashard
Jones, Marvin
Robinson, Allen
Tate, Golden
Thomas, Demaryius

TEs
Kelce, Travis
Miller, Zach
Seferian-Jenkins, Austin
Thomas, Julius

K
Tucker, Justin

Def
Bengals, Cincinnati
Packers, Green Bay

My cuts so far are probably:
Zach Zenner
ASJ

Probably need to cut a QB and Def as well. League is tiered PPR (QB/TE = 1pt, RB = .75, WR = .5), and 3 Flex (QB/RB/WR/TE/Flex x3/K/Def)

I'd cut Zach Miller before ASJ personally. ASJ still has a lot of upside - and even if you don't personally believe, you should still be able to get something for him in trade from another owner.

Also, before you make cuts, send out some aggressive package up trade offers to other owners (especially those who need to make fewer cuts than you). You may be able to consolidate some roster space or acquire rookie picks.

Here is who I'd recommend you cut:

Zenner
West (or Brady, but just know that someone contending team will likely scoop him up right away)
Ervin
Drake
Adams
Higgins
Packers D
Miller

Nice team, BTW.

• Locked thread