Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
His answer in the post game interview pretty much sums it up. Paraphrasing but basically it was "I believe in the system. I don't do anything outside the system, and I just look for my opportunities inside the system."

CJ Anderson is going to be good for the same reasons that Foster was in Kubiak's offense. What I'm saying is CJ Anderson is basically Arian Foster, for better or for worse.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Sep 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Teeter posted:

I could use some trade help. Half point PPR

My RBs:
David Johnson
Lesean McCoy
Spencer Ware
Ameer Abdullah
Danny Woodhead
Tevin Coleman
Johnathan Stewart

I'd like to sell high on Ware before JC comes back, if possible. Woodhead and Coleman will probably frustrate me as I decide who to play each week and are two more candidates to sell high, or should I stand pat with them and move others?

Which WRs would be best to target? One owner has already expressed interest in doing a RB/WR swap. He has AJ Green, TY Hilton, Doug Baldwin, and Travis Benjamin.

Hold
Hold
Sell
Hold
Sell
Hold
Sell

See if you can get Baldwin for any one of those Sell guys.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

AHAHA RG3 to IR with a broken coracoid bone. Fire up your Barnidges. The loving Browns, man.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

weekly font posted:

Anyone think Cole Beasley is actually worth an add in .5 PPR when my WR bench is Lockett, Still and Brown.

e: Actually Mike Wallace is available. Lockett or Stills as the drop?

I'd drop Stills for Wallace, same type of player with actual hands and a better deep ball QB.

E: Beasley is worth an add too, but I think that they get Dez going and Beasley fades as the season goes on.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I lost Keenan last week, and while I generally feel like I'm still in decent shape, I am considering making some moves. 2QB, 0.5PPR, 12 team league, start 2qb, 2wr, 2rb, 1 flex:

QBs: Derek Carr, Matt Ryan, Andy Dalton
RBs: Todd Gurley, Spencer Ware, Frank Gore, Ameer Abdullah, Tevin Coleman
WRs: Julio Jones, Julian Edelman, Tajae Sharpe, Kennan Allen (IR :rip:)

Now, Ware obviously has an expiration date on him, but I'm also feeling fairly confident that at least one of Abdullah or Coleman will shake out as an RB2 with upside for the rest of the season. If Todd Gurley busts this year then I may be in trouble, but in general, my RB situation seems solid.

My WRs on the other hand, are obviously super shallow right now. Julio and Edelman should play out as a solid as hell WR1 and WR2 duo, but until we see more truth from Tajae, I'm not feeling super confident with him as my WR3.

So I've got waiver wire bids in for Williams, Michael Thomas, and Mike Wallace in that order. Other options are Steve Smith, Eli Rogers (but I think he fades once Wheaton is back), Pryor, Cruz, Dorsett or Kerley. I just have no idea how to sort out these guys and who to prioritize.

I'm also thinking about moving Ware to the Charles owner for some WR depth, but his WRs aren't great - OBJ, Diggs, Torrey Smith, Will Fuller and Mo Sanu. Would my Ware for his Fuller and Diggs/Sanu be a stupid move?

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Sep 13, 2016

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

The team getting DT and Nuk wins.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

But is there anyone else you could drop Funchess for?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Swarmin Swedes posted:

How does this look as a waiver wire bid process for a .5 PPR league where I really need a WR

How crucial is it that you land one of Williams or Riddick? I think your bids on those guys seem low, so if you want/need one of them at all costs I recommend upping the bid by at least 50%. Most sites are recommending $15-20 bids for both of them FWIW.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Foster, as in Arian Foster? Wtf man, no you don't drop him for Gio. You don't need Gio. Step away from the Gio.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Rorobb posted:

Doing FAAB for the first time this year in one of my leagues - it's a 12 team redraft with $100 budget. We had someone bid $30 on Tyrell Williams and someone else bid $12 on Eli Rogers and $6 on Larry Donnell. All three of those bids are pretty high right, especially Tyrell Williams? I'm not positive because I've never done FAAB before but these bids seem fairly aggressive....

$30 for an undrafted, unproven player with a total of 2 quarters of game tape definitely seems high, but on the other hand if the owner is hurting for WRs and Williams takes over even 70% of Keenan's role in that offense then it's more than worth the investment.

In general though, your FAAB dollars are better spent early in the season on a player that hits and returns value all season long, and bids tend to be inflated earlier in the season and then start to drop as most owners deplete their rolls.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

SELL YOUR WARES!!!

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

If I can offload Gurley on another owner in exchange for Jamaal Charles, should I do it? Right now I'm feeling like I'd do it straight up if he was into it, and anything else I could get would just be a bonus. I currently own Ware.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I appreciate being told to stand down, but did you watch the game? It wasn't just one game, it was one historically terrible game. I mean Gurley was great, he performed like a first round pick. But the rest of that team looked absolutely dogshit. Case Keenum looked like a JV high school kid pulled off the street and thrown into the huddle and it doesn't seem like there's anyone better waiting in the wings.

I guess I'm just worried that this trend is going to continue and Gurley will be forced to grind out a hard 50 or 60 net yards with 70 to 80 yards after contact until he inevitably breaks down.

Spiros posted:

Gurley will be a god as soon as someone in LA figures out how to throw a football.

This is what I'm afraid of, though. I don't see anyone on that team figuring out how to throw a ball any time soon. Or at least, I feel like they'd rather tank than let Goff get skewered this year.

E: But alright, I am trusting in the goonsensus and refraining from making any brash moves yet.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Sep 14, 2016

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Cervixalot posted:

Thanks for the Doug Martin discussion. Seems like I should just hang onto Evans considering Martin's price and upcoming schedule.

Let's talk RBs. Here is a totally unscientific list of potential RB1 candidates for 2016 (top 12 at the position).

Probably won't be able to buy for a reasonable price:
David Johnson
Miller
CJA
Forte

Possible panic buys that carry risk:
Gurley
AP
Charles

The rest, in no particular order:
Zeke
Martin
Lacy
McCoy
L. Murray
D. Murray
Langford
Foster
Ingram
Rawls
Stewart
Freeman
Hyde

Who is missing from this list, and who do you all think are good buys/sells at current cost?

Franklin Delano Gore

E: I think he's too match-up prone to actually squeeze into the top 12, but Gore is getting workhorse-style usage and was very involved in the passing game when the Colts fell behind in week 1, so I think he's being severely undervalued. BUY BUY BUY :homebrew:

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Sep 16, 2016

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Does this mean Duke Johnson isn't happening?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Yeah, looking at Winston's schedule for the next 4 or 5 weeks, I'd rather just leave him out and roll with Stafford.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

walruscat posted:

Pulled the trigger. Feels good.

Follow up question. Who'd you start in the three WR slots:

Moncrief, D. Thomas, M. Jones, John Brown, Tajae Sharp

Keep an eye on Thomas' status, but I'd go Moncrief, Thomas, Jones. If Thomas looks iffy or set for decoy duties, Tajiri in over Brown.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

TommyGun85 posted:

Who, if anyone on my team can/should I trade for Crowell? My team:

QB: Dalton / Carr
RB: Gurley / Langford / D. Washington / C. Sims
WR: Nelson / Allen (rip) / Fitzgerald / Moncrief / VJax / W. Fuller
TE: Gates / Walford

p.s. dont critisize me for having a backup qb and te. I know and understand its stupid and they will be dropped for waiver pickups.

How many WRs can you start and who is the Crow owner starting at WR, QB and TE?

You could try to trade Fuller for Crow but I think you'd be overpaying and there are no guarantees that you're just reacting to coach speak.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Aw, but that doesn't have the same flair as a bombastic off the cuff take.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

BigFactory posted:

I wouldn't be starting either of them this week. Both of my starting RBs are on bye the same week and I'm trying to sure up backups.

Counterpoint to Papes, Gore is a serviceable RB2 with a decent floor, whereas DJax is going to be a dart throw WR1 to WR3 every week who leans more towards the WR3 end of the spectrum if Cousins continues to regress. I think that's an even trade in a vacuum, and it's mostly up to you to decide if the makeup of your team would be better off with Gore than DJax.

I agree with Papes that if the sole reason you're going to make this trade is for bye week considerations, that's a bad reason.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I'd shoot for Snead, I think he's the real deal and still being undervalued.

Other dudes: Shepard, Mo Sanu, Marvin Jones

It may be risky, but you could also wait til next week in the hopes that he looks good against the Jags. You might be able to snag Fitzgerald or someone in that tier.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Sep 16, 2016

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Alternatively I could bite the bullet and start Davante Parker at 1.

I will be proven wrong, but don't do this.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Yeah sleeperbot is awesome aside from the community.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I need 19 points from the Eagles DST tonight. So you're saying there's a chance...

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

The details are kind of fuzzy, but I remember from the preseason when Stevie Johnson tore his meniscus that it sounded like it is possible to rehab without surgery, and that's actually the better option from the player's actual health point of view, but it has a longer recovery time. Surgery can result in a quicker overall recover but there were two types of surgery that they could do, one with a recovery time of, I want to say, 3-6 weeks and the other a season-ender. Trying to actually dig up the source from when this happened to Johnson.

E: I can't find the specifics, but here's a good run-down from the doc himself.

Dr. Jene Bramel posted:

Meniscal tears can be repaired (usually when the injury is to the thicker part of the meniscus at the outside of the joint) or the torn fragment can be removed or trimmed. To prevent damage to the articular cartilage and its associated high risk of arthritis, standard of care is to repair or preserve as much of the meniscus as possible. Players who have meniscal fragments removed can return to play much more quickly (one to two weeks) than those who have their meniscus repaired (six weeks and often longer).

So if it really is a meniscus tear, sounds like Peterson will be taking a minimum of 1-2 weeks off.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Sep 19, 2016

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Davante Parker is on waivers in my league (It's me, I'm the guy that dropped him), seems like he would be worth throwing down 30% of your bank roll if you are WR-needy, yes or no?

E: Realistically, there are so many other Top Waiver Priorities that will be flying around this week that I could probably grab Parker for less, but based on the last few weeks of last season and what we saw yesterday, he seems worth spending extra on to make sure I get him.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Yes I would mash that.

What we've seen from Gurley the last two weeks is his absolute floor, and the schedule will ease up for the Rams going forward. Meanwhile Freeman is definitely losing ground in Atlanta and is figuring to finish the season as an RB2, and I don't think that Kuechly to Bowman is too much of a downgrade unless your scoring gives huge bonuses for interceptions or something.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

commish posted:

I have some concerns about Gurley. The offense just looks so weak. It's only 2 weeks and all, sure, but I would expect teams to play the run each game.

Well I'm the guy who was posting in this thread asking if I should trade Gurley for Charles straight up, so I definitely understand where you're coming from. But that being said, the offense showed some signs of life yesterday (not that it was hard to improve on week 1), and the defense was actually resembling their 2015 form, which is key. Gurley will be at a minimum a volume RB2 as long as the D is decent, and his value will rise if the passing game starts to click in any way.

Bottom line: I'm not saying that Gurley is going to return on his draft position, but now is not the time to cut bait on him. With regard to the specific trade that we were discussing, I would much rather have him on my team than Freeman because at least Gurley has the a lock on his position and the big play talent to continue to trend upward. Bottom line, I'm holding Gurley and planning to test the market once he has his first breakout game.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Wrong thread

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

RocktheCaulk posted:

See this is what I need to hear. Thank you goon!

Yeah don't bail on ARob yet dude, he's still getting over 10 targets a game. He will eat.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Doltos posted:

First one by a lot. Bell vs Johnson is going to be a wash and Evans could legit finish in the top 5 of WRs this year since Jameis throws at him 16 times a game.

Not saying you are wrong, but just FYI Landry has only one fewer target than Evans this year, and he actually finished with more targets than Evans last year (167 to 148). Landry is also #2 behind only Stefon Diggs in average receptions per game, and percentage of their team's total receptions. The big reason that Evans has more upside is red zone usage, but I'm getting pretty nervous for the Bucs offense given the schedule and how Jameis looked against a legit defense last week.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I give Gurley, I get Zeke and Marvin Jones. That's a mash, right?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Help me prioritize these players for waiver action. I am pretty RB needy right now, but some of these WR pickups are too juicy to pass up.

Jerrick McKinnon
DeVante Parker
Dwayne Washington
Quincy Enunwa
Mike Wallace
Victor Cruz
Christine Michael
Matt Asiata

E: dude who offered me Zeke + Marvin for my Gurley is now backing down and backpedaling to Demarco Murray + Michael Floyd. I still kinda feel like accepting, but trying to see if I can get him to do Zeke + Floyd or Murray + Jones. Other option is Murray + Jennings or Blount, since I don't think Floyd would actually be an upgrade over my current WRs. Thoughts?

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Sep 21, 2016

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

This got lost on the last page in the storm of the newest Gordon news, but I could still use some input.

Mikey Purp posted:

E: dude who offered me Zeke + Marvin for my Gurley is now backing down and backpedaling to Demarco Murray + Michael Floyd. I still kinda feel like accepting, but trying to see if I can get him to do Zeke + Floyd or Murray + Jones. Other option is Murray + Jennings or Blount, since I don't think Floyd would actually be an upgrade over my current WRs. Thoughts?

I'm coming around to Floyd potentially being a buy low candidate right now, but I'm concerned about Demarco losing more carries to Zangief as the season goes on. If it helps, my RBs are Gurley, Gore, Coleman and Ware (just lost Abdullah) and my WRs are Julio, Edelman, Tyrell and Tajae.

Fake Edit: he is intent on moving a WR, so Murray + Jennings is off the table, but I could try for the longshot Arob + Jennings or Blount.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

OxySnake posted:

.5 PPR league.

One team is currently running Reggie god drat Bush as his RB2.

Am I an idiot for offering my Jerick McKinnom and Virgil Green for his Greg Olsen?

McKinnon's value may be at its peak right now, so yeah go for it. But also be prepared for the off chance that McKinnon is this year's fantasy breakout star (he probably won't be).

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Which, if any, of these dudes are droppable for Dwayne Washington or Jerick McKinnon?

Spencer Ware
Tajae Sharpe
Tevin Coleman
Tyrell Williams

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

MrSargent posted:

What are everyone's thoughts on Fat Eddie? His YPC is actually decent through 2 games. 26/111 is 4.3 YPC, he just hasn't gotten enough attempts or a TD to push him into acceptable scores.

Edit: He also isn't getting receptions to boost his floor.

My take is that he's running well and we're not seeing Starks stealing carries, but the offense as a whole is just slumping, which limits his opportunities and upside. I haven't looked at his yards after contact, but I think that would be a good indicator of whether or not he's back to 2014 form. My guess would be that he's pretty close to it, but the bigger difference is that Rodgers isnt breaking the game like he used to and creating as much running room.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

:lol: as if the Giants would ever sign a player who had anything resembling a stained public image. but yes, they should sign him

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Just saw that CWoke is on my waiver wire, and Rawls is doubtful this week. Worth dropping Ware for him? I don't think I'd start Ware against the Jets even if Charles is out...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

VietCampo posted:

No.

Do you have anyone else to drop?

Eh, 2QB league with short benches, so not really.

QB: Matt Ryan, Andy Dalton, Derek Carr
RB: Todd Gurley, Spencer Ware, Frank Gore, Tevin Coleman
WR: Julio Jones, Julian Edelman, Devante Parker, Tyrell Williams

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Sep 23, 2016

• Locked thread