Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Spoeank posted:

If there's a single DP slot draft it last and draft a MLB/ILB

I agree with this, But he already drafted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

jadebullet posted:

poo poo. Yeah, I didn't know that about the TE thing, I just grabbed the other two because I figured getting backups for injuries or bye weeks would be good.

As for dropping players and replacing them, how does that work exactly? (Like I said, it's my first time doing this) Am I able to drop people and just grab people that weren't drafted, or is there a different method that I have to go through.

Dropping and adding players depends on what settings your league has, if you could post that for us it'd make it a lot easier.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Nur_Neerg posted:

Looking for somebody to take over a team in my mostly goon dynasty league; standard scoring, 8 owner league, 3 player taxi squad for inactive players up until the end of their second year, 7 player bench. Standard positions also. Here's the roster for anyone interested, and the team has first pick in the upcoming rookie draft, which we're trying to start ASAP.

QB: Matt Stafford
RB: Rashad Jennings
RB: Melvin Gordon
WR: Calvin Johnson (lol)
WR: Odell Beckham Jr
TE: Antonio Gates
Flex: Emmanuel Sanders
D/ST: Packers
K: Chandler Catanzaro

Bench:
Andre Johnson
Jason Witten
Davante Adams
Eli Manning

Taxi:
Dorial Green-Beckham
Jaelen Strong
Devin Smith

Obviously has a few holes in the roster, but there's some talent there and 4 open slots once you kick megatron from the roster, and again first pick in rookie draft!

Not gonna lie that team is a bit disgusting for a 8 team league. haha

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Anyone else sitting here hoping Marvin Jones ADP doesn't rise too much like me?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Metapod posted:

Did something happen or was that just a general question?

He's looked p good so far today with Stafford and there's been nothing but good news about him doing good in lions camp and becoming Stafford's go to receiver lately. I'm just not wanting his ADP to rise too much where he's no longer a great value.

sidenote: Holy poo poo owners of steelers players better not hope Ben gets injured again. Landry Jones has 4 INT'S in the first half.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Aug 19, 2016

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

CompeAnansi posted:

Rawls is a lot better if you make sure to get Prosise, who is going late. One of the two is going to be a strong starter. Plus there's this news report: https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/news/84898/thomas-rawls-should-practice-fully-next-week.php

Well Prosise is currently injured and has fallen all the way to 4th string behind Cmike AND Collins. But i do like Rawls, but Prosise is currently battling injuryitis.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Zerilan posted:

I see Lamar Miller pretty high up on ADP but I've been burnt on him before. Is Houston just much more likely to actually give him a decent amount of carries? In a keeper league right now where the 2 keeper picks just replace the first two draft picks, and wondering if I should definitely hold on to him as my 2nd round keeper (12 man league).

Well he's going from the 32nd ranked team in terms of rushing attempts to the 5th ranked team in rushing attempts from last season. Even then he still finished as the 5th ranked RB in ppr leagues last season. All signs point way up for him tbh.

atm he's going late 1st/early 2nd fwiw.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

quote:

Jeremy Langford shed his walking boot at Bears practice on Sunday.
Langford didn't participate in practice, but it's clear the boot was purely precautionary after Langford got "stepped on" in the Bears' second preseason game. Langford's status for next week's regular season dress rehearsal is unclear. He's shaping up as an enticing fantasy pick in the fifth and sixth rounds.

So there's that.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

xcore posted:

What's the estimated return of Eifert?

My keeper nominations are due today and wondering if it's worth using a 12th round pick in a 10 Team Standard league on him. I can put him on the IR slot so he won't be taking a roster spot.

Currently i think it's around week 4?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

The X-man cometh posted:

I've got my draft tomorrow, and I'm getting the guy drafting ahead of me (I'm 5th overall) drunk and trying to talk him into Ezekiel Elliott. Other than the amazing O-line, anything I can use to convince him?

show him replays of yesterday's game.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
You guys better grab Mike Wallace before he becomes a WR2 again. :downs:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Tajae Sharpe y'all

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

DTaeKim posted:

No one commented on this so I thought I'd try again. If I'm in the wrong topic please tell me.

Maybe try a Alshon for AP straight up deal

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Well i have the #2 pick and can't make up my mind between ODB or Julio.

It's in a bonus points league with 1 PPR. Also get bonus for 40+ receptions.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

Matt Ryan sucks, go ODB.

Ended up going Julio, gg.

Seems like people say Matt Ryan sucks every year but Julio still puts up a bajillion points. Now's where i get smited by the fantasy gods.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So only one day after this draft, i've already been approached by someone wanting to trade. He's named Jamaal Charles as available but is waiting for me to shoot him an offer if i'd like.

Full PPR we start 2WR/2RB/TE/WT

WR - Julio Jones/Alshon Jeffrey/Keenan Allen/Larry Fitzgerald/Michael Crabtree/Rishard Matthews
RB - Thomas Rawls/Jonathan Stewart/Danny Woodhead/Ryan Mathews/Duke Johnson

So basically i can only start 3 WR's and i'm loaded there, which i think is why he's targeting me? My RB's are not this years top 5 or anything, but in a full PPR league, i think i'm pretty set. Though getting someone like Charles is definitely enough to get interest from me, should i stand pat with who i have or throw an offer?

His other RB's are Gurley, Lacy, and Blount. WR's are Landry, Kelvin Benjamin, Jordan Matthews, Allen Hurns, and Sanu.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

I don't like Jeffrey and I really like Charles. I want my injury risk to be at RB, not WR. Since they're pretty evenly ranked, I, personally, would float out Jeffrey for Charles straight up.,

I offered Jeffrey and JStew for Charles and Hurns

but I aborted within .00001231 seconds after responded with interest in Julio. Don't think i'd take any combo from his team for Julio.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

MrSargent posted:

That's a fair point. Still can't believe he got picked #2 overall in a 12 team half-ppr league.

I had him go #4 in a full PPR league the other day and when i contacted the guy seeing if he'd consider trading him for anyone, he told me not even if i offered him Julio since AP was his all time favorite. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On the other hand, he said he'd consider trading Mark Ingram for Rawls and Larry Fitzgerald, would you guys consider this trade? (Fitzgerald is my 4th WR and would only start on bye weeks). Or would it be crazy if i countered with Alshon for Ingram straight up?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

Alrighty,

League details: 12 teams, 4 keepers a piece, each keeper takes up +1 the spot they were originally drafted, waiver wire keepers take up your bottom round selection, league is scored head-to-head
Roster positions: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, W/R/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

I'm inheriting a fairly bad team that ended up taking last place (so I'll be first pick) with this team (sorted by expected performance),

Cam Newton (Car - QB) (drafted in round 7)
John Brown (Ari - WR) (drafted in round 9)
Vincent Jackson (TB - WR) (drafted in round 4)
DeMarco Murray (Ten - RB) (drafted in round 1)
Mark Ingram (NO - RB) (drafted in round 2)
Greg Olsen (Car - TE) (drafted in round 5)
Terrance Williams (Dal - WR) (drafted in round 12)
Dwayne Harris (NYG - WR) (waiver wire)
Charles Clay (Buf - TE) (waiver wire)
Tre Mason (LA - RB) (drafted in round 8)
Philip Rivers (SD - QB) (drafted in round 11)
Ryan Mathews (Phi - RB) (drafted in round 6)
Andre Williams (NYG - RB) (drafted in round 10)
Rashad Jennings (NYG - RB) (waiver wire)
Sebastian Janikowski (Oak - K) (waiver wire)
Baltimore (Bal - DEF) (drafted in round 15)

The only players here that seem worth keeping are Cam (I think he's going to do well this year and is great value for a sixth round pick) and John Brown. I'm wondering if there might be something I'm missing, especially since I'll be playing against fairly stacked teams that are going to be snapping up a lot of high value players as keepers.

Honestly the only person i would even consider keeping is Cam Newton. John Brown at an 8th round price isn't worth it at all and might even be a net loss.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

I don't agree with that really. With 4 rounds of keepers gone, Brown will be more like a 9th or 10th. Rashad Jennings for last round is an easy keep. Rivers for a 10th rounder is worth it probably too, even with Cam kept, I think. That's 4 reasonable keepers.

Edit: Yeah Mathews for a 5th is also quite good, given how many players are being kept. Jennings and Cam are must haves, then Mathews and one of Brown or Rivers would be my picks.

Don't keep Ingram: worst case, every other 1st-4th rounder is kept, and you get Zeke at 1.01, ya know?

Whoops, this is what i get for quickly skimming and thinking i read 2 keepers each.

Yea if it's 4, i'd defo go Cam, Olsen, and Brown.

Though with Rashad Jennings, if he was drafted last season but was dropped mid season and picked up off the waiver, does that reset his keeper value to waiver or does it still count towards his original draft spot? If he wasn't drafted last year then moot point, but i think something to check on?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Gobias Ind. posted:

Sorry for the repost but I draft tomorrow and have been agonizing over this. My attempts to trade up in my 12 team PPR redraft league with return yard points were unsuccessful so I suspect I cannot get both of these guys. Who do you guys like at pick 22 - Devonta Freeman or Jarvis Landry?

I think Landry has one of the highest floors in the league but the dearth of reliable RBs has me considering Devonta. I'm avoiding him in standard this year but like him a lot in PPR.

I'll get OBJ or Julio at 3 and pick again at 27 where my best options are likely Lacy/TY Hilton/Demaryius.

In all my PPR drafts so far, i've been basically grabbing a RB in the 3/4th round area if one falls and then grabbing a combination of Woodhead/DukeJohnson/Bernard around the 9+ round areas. For some reason Woodhead never gets love even in PPR leagues.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

kiimo posted:

Did you have your kneecap floating around and cause people to throw up when they saw it? Cuz apparently that happened.

But that's not exactly what you said?

kiimo posted:

Hearing dislocated kneecap from the other thread. For it to happen you have to tear MCL, PCL, ACL and meniscus. Yikes.

see: Culpepper, Livingston.

I've also had a dislocated kneecap, but only with a bone bruise and a strained acl.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So in my 10 team with only 4 bench spots, i noticed Deangelo Williams was available as a FA, guess the Bell owner didn't think about grabbing him?

I immediately dropped my kicker to grab him and plug him in. But now i'm rolling with no kicker and my current bench is Cobb, J. Matthews, G. Bernard, F. Gore, and Forte who i benched for Deangelo. There's no one i can drop right? I'm thinking just roll without a Kicker, but that would be 3 weeks if i plan on starting Williams until Bell comes back.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Aug 31, 2016

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

RisqueBarber posted:

FantasyPro's has Forte just 2 spots after DeAngelo in standard and has him 1 spot before him in PPR. I would suggest just starting forte and picking up a kicker. You have a while until week 1 though, make your decision next friday. You never know what will happen.

Is that for full season or just the 3 weeks DeAngelo is set to start? Currently Deangelo is projected like 8 points more than Forte for week 1 in my league.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Marshall/Miller easily.

double this

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I understand that Charles isn't starting week 1, but this dude in one of my leagues is trading him straight up for Tavon Austin.

uh what

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So i got my draft tomorrow that has 2 keepers. The draft order is set by last seasons standings, 7th got 1st pick and 1st gets 12th. I ended 5th in my first year in the league and have the 8th pick.

full PPR and start QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/TE/WRT/K/DEF

I'm keeping Gurley for a 5th and Jordy for a 10th. Only other 1st round ADP players being kept are David Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins.

Now i'm thinking this is how the first 7 picks go...

AB84
ODB
Julio
AP
Gronk
AJ Green
Lamar? hopefully Ezekiel

Who would you guys target at 8th here? I'd defo go Lamar if he's still there, but if he's not i'm sorta indecisive with the options left.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

Gurley/Jordy gives you a good amount of flexibility. Consensus ranking would probably be Miller, then Allen Robinson. You really couldn't be faulted for taking either guy.

I personally might break for LeVeon Bell early here. He's normally a reach at 8 because you still need to start 2 RBs for those first three weeks, so taking LeVeon almost forces you to reach on both your RB2 and on DWill. But since you already have Gurley, you just pick up your next RB as normal - you start Gurley and the other guy for the first three weeks, then slot LeVeon into your full ppr RB2 slot and bump the other guy to FLEX and Bye-week duties. By week four, your starters would look something like Gurley/Bell/Jordy/Evans/Doug Martin, and that's only considering your top 3 picks (plus the keepers).

The other "offbeat" approach to consider is Keenan. All those targets would give your team a nice floor if Gurley continues to have the occasional misfire.

The positional scarcity might help you narrow it down here. Are other folks mostly keeping RBs, or WRs?

Not sure about others exact, but i for sure know Bmarsh, Devonta Freeman, and Kelvin Benjamin are also being kept.

At this moment i'm just really hoping someone jumps on Ezekiel and Lamar falls to me. Hadn't thought about Leveon, but that is a good point.

Thinking best case would be Lamar in the 1st and Keenan in the 2nd?

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Sep 3, 2016

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Cervixalot posted:

3 different coaching staffs in Miami didn't give him a full workload.

I think you mean 1 and a quarter coaching staffs?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

LmaoTheKid posted:

Christ I forgot about that. Was it really that many?

Not sure, Philbin was hired in Jan 2012 and Lamar was drafted a few months later and Philbin wasn't fired until halfway through last season. But even then his replacement was someone who worked under Philbin.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Sep 3, 2016

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So in my 2 keeper league that i'm drafting tonight, someone is keeping Matt Ryan for a 5th and Gostkowski for an 8th.

:classiclol:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

89 posted:

Traded

And it begins. heh

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So i have Leveon Bell and just been approached by the Deangelo owner wanting to trade, he wants Duke Johnson for DeAngelo. Full PPR

I also have Gurley, C. Sims, Ware, and Cmike. His RB's are DeAngelo, Bilal Powell, and Jeremy Hill (Yes i know, LOL). Now if everything goes good i'd only use Deangelo for 3 weeks max, should i even consider this or just roll with what i have for those 3 weeks until Bell is back?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Marvin Jones Jr. Det - WR
Charles Sims TB - RB
Willie Snead NO - WR
Spencer Ware KC - RB
Christine Michael Sea - RB
Duke Johnson Cle - RB

So i'm in need of a TE and a K, who would you guys drop? Thinking i either drop Snead or maybe just try to trade him for a K at this point.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Tiptoes posted:

How are these your most droppable players? Is this an 8 team league? Is this PPR or standard?

I agree that Snead may be the least valuable here. I don't expect him to visit the end zone much so he's replaceable with any WR3 off the wire mid-season. Sims and Johnson have established PPR roles but they wouldn't automatically become RB1s if their lead backs went down; if this is standard scoring, I'd probably lose one of them but a trade may net you a better return. Ware and Michael could both perform at high levels if Charles/Rawls aren't right so I think they may be worth holding onto until we actually see Charles/Rawls on the field at 100%. Ware has week 1 value so you could try to trade him whereas I feel Michael is the better stash for the long haul. Although if this is a small league and every team is stacked, you may just have to make a tough decision.

It's a 12 team full PPR league, i waited on K and kept getting sniped on TE and just didn't draft either in the end. I grabbed Ware and Cmike with my last 2 picks just for the potential upside.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Tiptoes posted:

Well goddamn good job then. I'd throw out trade offers in that case. You should be able to pull off a 2-for-1 for a strong TE or possibly just a better WR/RB and then grab a TE off the wire. Try seeing what you can get for Ware+ from the Charles owner.

Charles owner has Delanie Walker and Witten, i'm thinking about offering him Ware for Walker, but he probably won't go for that, so i might have to settle for Witten.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Tiptoes posted:

Ugh that's rough. I'm not a fan of Witten this year, especially with a rookie QB playing a lot. Does he have a secondary WR/RB that could improve your team? If you stole one of those, you could probably grab a TE streamer off the wire (Steelers TE Jesse James comes to mind as someone with a juicy Week 1 match-up) and get basically the same TE production as Witten.

Yea, my first thought was drop Snead for Jesse James or Walford and stream. Only person he has that would upgrade my team is Hopkins

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Samu posted:

Well my logic is that my team sucks because I had to leave after round 11

Your team isn't that good even with your 11 picks though, but i would consider taking it with Henry, he does have the skillset and potential to take over that starting job.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Sep 4, 2016

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

I have a draft in a few hours, 12 teams, PPR, 1QB 3WR 2RB 1 W/R/T, standard PPR EXCEPT at 100, 150, and 200 yards rushing or receiving (individually, not combined) players get 10/5/10 bonus points (yes they stack). I have Gurley and David Johnson as 6th 7th round keepers and I lucked into the first pick. Antonio Brown is being kept, but am I crazy for considering Hopkins over OBJ here? And when it comes back to me should I just go WR/WR or should I think about Rodgers (QBs get 5/10/15 at 300/400/500) or Reed if they're on the board still? Most of the top players aren't being kept because they were drafted last year around where they should go this year, and it costs a round higher to keep someone (UDFA cost a 7th).

e: and...that article just above makes me reconsider everything.

Is Julio available? with those bonuses i would probably choose between Julio or ODB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Ah, then i'd go ODB.

• Locked thread