Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Tiptoes posted:

So Zeke Elliott is the 1.01 pick in redraft leagues, right?

Not even close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Seahawks drafted like 20 RBs, which tells me two things:

1. Rawls' ankle isn't healing as fast as they were expecting/hoping
2. They're still not sold on CMike

So, file away C.J. Prosise in your "late-round flier" columns.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I really like Zeke but loving lol at drafting him over Gronk or Green

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Today in "hey remember that guy?" news, former The Next Aaron Hernandez Except Without the Murder Tim Wright tore his ACL

This has been your daily "hey remember that guy?" update

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Pump the brakes on your ASJ hype train

quote:

Bucs coach Dirk Koetter removed Austin Seferian-Jenkins from practice on Thursday.
While practice was still going on, Seferian-Jenkins posted a tweet which read, "MOVING ON!!!!" That tweet has since been deleted, but a post saying he cannot "let the negative stuff get to" him remains. Koetter said afterward he sent ASJ off for not "knowing what he was doing," but cautioned not to make too much of the situation. A second-round pick in 2014, Seferian-Jenkins has played in just 16 games in two seasons. It is not out of the question he loses his job to Cameron Brate.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The sooner people accept that Kyle Rudolph is bad at football the much happier they'll be with their lives

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Kerwynn Williams got a chance when the Cardinals had a billion RB injuries a couple years ago and did nothing of note. There's a reason Arizona drafted David Johnson and signed a 50-year-old Chris Johnson to play ahead of him.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/741731732311953408

Schefter on Facebook posted:

Update on newest knee injury for Ravens WR Breshad Perriman: He suffered a partially torn ACL in his left knee and will visit Dr. James Andrews on Monday to determine if he needs potential season-ending surgery, per source. He missed last season with a partially torn PCL in his right knee.

:rip: Perriman I guess we'll never know if you're actually good or not

Benne fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jun 11, 2016

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Torrey Smith is dead to me

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Torrey Smith will do what he always does -- have one random 120-yard game that gets everyone's hopes up, do fuckall for the next 4 weeks, have another random 120-yard game that gets everyone's hopes up, rinse repeat.

gently caress Torrey Smith.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
N:

quote:

Coach Mike Mularkey reiterated that Dexter McCluster is assured of a role in the Titans' backfield.
The Titans' website is pushing it as McCluster being the "lightning" portion of Tennessee's "thunder and thunder" backfield, which will be led by DeMarco Murray and rookie Derrick Henry. "I think I’ve said it before: He clearly has a role here," Mularkey said of McCluster. "The offense is multi-faceted, and he will be parts of many different packages to try and attack defenses." McCluster's presence will likely limit the receiving usage of both Murray and Henry.

V: Keep loving that chicken, Titans

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Spoeank posted:

"Quality Starts"

Bullshit stats like these will be the death of fantasy football

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Tiptoes posted:

I'd take ODB over AB without a second thought. ODB is a HOF-level talent constantly making sick plays and his best football is still to come. I absolutely believe his ceiling is higher than AB's. And he's insanely entertaining to watch and root for. Plus, I get to invoke Ol Dirty Bastard references constantly when he's on my teams. He's my #1 player going into this season.

Allow me to present my counter-argument

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/ZachZaidman/status/743132485245145088

lol Eddie Royal is never going away

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Antonio Brown was a sixth-round pick who was buried on the depth chart his first year and didn't become the No. 1 guy until Mike Wallace left. Beckham was a first-rounder who instantly won a starting job and has been anointed the Next Big Thing since he was in high school. Comparing career numbers to ODB is kind of unfair in that case.

Benne fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 15, 2016

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This is why everybody hates New York sports fans

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If you want to talk about theoretical injury risk wouldn't you be more worried about the guy who missed multiple games with chronic hamstring issues?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What happened to Frank's Happy Place, anyway? This thread is sorely lacking in hot Charles Sims takes.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Green has talent, and he has opportunity, which when combined together are big pluses in my book. He may be running less deep seam routes than he did in San Diego, but Big Ben could always use a safety valve and Green is easily the best TE he's had since Heath started to decline. I think he'll be a fine PPR asset, even if the yards aren't always there.

E: You see, thread, I'm not negative all the time, even though it might seem like I am.

Benne fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jun 16, 2016

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Azhais posted:

We clearly need more negativity here.

Thread: Which of these TEs should I pick up as a flyer as I find myself with only one 31 year old in my dynasty league and only Temarrick Hemmnigway and MyCole Pruitt on my taxi squad :rip:

:negative:

Luke Willson has hands of stone, but Russell will keep throwing to him as long as Jimmy Graham is out (which could be forever, patellar tears are not to be hosed with). If you're looking for a weekly 3 catches/30 yards output, with the outside chance of a TD, then he's your guy.

Benne fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jun 16, 2016

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Also it won't take long before the Packers realize that Jared Cook is hot garbage, so don't sell your Richard Rodgers shares quite yet.

(Richard Rodgers is also hot garbage but at least Aaron trusts him in the red zone)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Spoeank posted:

My favorite Richard Rodgers statistic is that he got like 12% of his fantasy points on the season from that Hail Mary against Detroit.

Against literally the worst Hail Mary defense of all time.

Richard Rodgers was the ultimate "gently caress it, everyone else is on bye" TE streamer last year.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Metapod posted:

So without Peyton throwing ducks do you guys see dt having a good year?

He'll be good, but I think we've already seen his peak. The drops worry me -- his big selling point is a target monster with YAC potential, but whoever Denver QB is could lean on Sanders more if DT doesn't get it together.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Azhais posted:

Anyone think Dennis Pitta has a shot? I know he wants to come back

He's had more hip surgeries than the average senior citizen. I'll be surprised if he makes a 53-man roster again.

E: Not trying to be glib, I've been hyping Pitta as a sleeper for years. But that many hip injuries in that short of a span is just too much, it's probably better for his long-term health if he hangs it up. :(

Benne fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jun 16, 2016

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Rotoworld's Pat Daughtery is a long-suffering Rams fan and you can probably tell who writes the Rams blurbs on that site

quote:

Jared Goff will enter training camp No. 2 on the depth chart.
Ladies and gentlemen, coach Jeff Fisher. It's the worst kept secret in the NFL that Goff will be under center in Week 1, but Fisher needs to get his "competition" money's worth. Fisher also said Sean Mannion will get first-team reps in camp (lol).

:allears:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'd be more confident in DGB and Mariota's development if they didn't have noted proven failure Mike Mularkey in charge

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Tiptoes posted:

Are you not a believer in Mularkey's "exotic smashmouth" offense? :v:

I get the feeling he's only around cause they didn't really like the crop of available coaching candidates and are still going to replace him eventually with a coach they fully endorse. Hopefully it doesn't hurt Mariota but I think he just needs to stay healthy and get his reps on the field and he ought to be fine.

"Stay healthy" seems like a tall order for a guy who's had multiple MCL injuries in his rookie year alone

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Metapod posted:

List of players to draft from the titans: walker Mariota succop and mathews. Take anyone else at your own risk

Is Kendall Wright out of favor with the new coaching staff? He's put up some decent PPR numbers in the past, even though he can never stay healthy and has zero YAC potential. May be a classic "what could've been" but I've always been intrigued by him.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Why is everybody ignoring the fact that someone is still holding Devin Hester in The Year of Our Lord 2016

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Antonio Brown hasn't missed a regular season game since 2012 and his only injury in that time was caused by a dirty headshot. Meanwhile, OBJ had bad hamstrings his rookie year that could pop back up at any moment, while Julio's foot is being held together with duct tape and prayers.

What's the injury risk with AB, again? Especially compared to those other two?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I feel like people are selling Eli short right now. After all, he did get a 57/797/8 line out of noted garbageman Rueben Randle.

Shep will be fine.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm a big homer mark for my boy Dougie but there's no way he's touching 14 touchdowns again. Heed Spoenak's advice.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So Karlos Williams got fat and Rotoworld is bringing the :iceburn: again

quote:

The Buffalo News believes Karlos Williams (dad bod) will open training camp on the sidelines.
Williams was reportedly 20-25 pounds overweight at minicamp. It will be tough for him to shed the excess weight before camp, so he will likely spend the first several practices doing conditioning work on the sidelines. Williams still has the inside track on the No. 2 job after an explosive rookie season, but he faces tough competition from rookie Jonathan Williams and Mike Gillislee.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Spoeank posted:

Please note I don't think DGB is trash just that he may have Christine Michael Disease aka Just Doesn't Get It Syndrome

Here Lies Justin Hunter, Remember the good times when people thought he would be a thing

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

RVProfootballer posted:

I'm stashing him everywhere I can in dynasty. I Want To Believe.

You should be stashing C.J. Prosise instead

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm having a hard time ranking Jeremy Hill right now. He was great in 2014 and kinda garbage last year, but still had 11 touchdowns. The running game lost Hue Jackson, but at the same time Gio has decisively proven that he's a COP flex back at best.

The volume and goal line touches should be there, but which version of Hill will show up? I'm legitimately torn.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
He got fat and now he's suspended. :rip:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/754013864157548545

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Don't draft Zeke over Gronk

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Arian Foster is working out with the Dolphins this week and it's basically an open secret that they'll sign him if his Achilles checks out. So I hope you don't overpay for Jay Ajayi quite yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
And there it is

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/755133706004725760

• Locked thread