Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I'm in my first 8 team league and I'm not super happy about that. I can draft 5, 6, 7, or 8 in a normal snake draft. Which would YOU pick? I know it ultimately doesn't matter and I'm already over thinking this...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

LmaoTheKid posted:

8 so you can go Bang-Bang

This is what I was thinking. I've had good luck at the back end of the round in the past.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
In a vacuum would you drop Torrey Smith or Ameer Abdullah for a Defense? (this is an 8 team league) .5ppr

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Should I start Sanders tomorrow night (vs Cin) over the likes of Demarco Murray (vs Min) or Vincent Jackson (@ Atl)? .5 ppr.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

oh yeah, sorry! I'm still shaking off the rust of the off season.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I'm operating under the assumption that Charles will miss a couple games then come back and be solid. People draft Bell high knowing he's going to miss several games. It doesn't feel that different to me.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I just need to fend off DeAngelo Williams tonight to scrape together a win. He needs 20 points. Yahoo .5 ppr. I'm definitely not celebrating yet.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
The Abdullah/Riddick numbers might have been closer if Riddick didn't miss a quarter going through concussion protocol or whatever.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Do I want any of the FA players here on my 8 team .5 PPR team? Vincent Jackson? I could drop any of the players on my team pictured or a QB. I have Stafford and Palmer. I have a hard time judging value in an 8 man league.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
It's true he doesn't play the Colts every week but based on last years defenses the Lions have the best schedule this year for QB...

That's filtered for "weeks 1-14"

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

LmaoTheKid posted:

You know, I have Cam as a keeper and Stafford. I also lost Keenan Allen. I should really be looking to trade One of them for WR help.

I wonder if Cam as a keeper would get me ARob?

Carolina's SOS week 1-14 is 23rd for QB but 3rd for RB so I don't really know how to value Cam just based off that information.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I'm currently starting Stafford. I accidentally drafted Carson Palmer and he's on the bench. Should I drop Carson Palmer for Vincent Jackson who is on the FA list. This is an 8 team .5 ppr league.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Are you actually hurting at WR? Palmer will be fine with 2 good mouths to feed and a solid RB.

WRs: Hopkins, Jordy, Jarvis Landry, Eric Decker, Emmanuel Sanders RBs: Peterson, Forte, DeMarco Murray, Charles, Gio Bernard (drop candidate?), Rashad Jennings

VietCampo posted:

Don't pick up Vjax in an 8 team league.

Who else is available on the wire?

I mostly just hate having 2 QBs even in my 10 team+ leagues.

Available: Enunwa, Marquise Goodwin (both hurt?). Greg Salas, Eli Rogers, Eddie Royal, Agholor, Brandon LaFell (should I get LaFell?)

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 16, 2016

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

LmaoTheKid posted:

Any sleeper streaming D this week? Kinda thinking Cowboys.

I'm going with Miami at home against Cleveland. Don't know if that's so much a sleeper but I'm surprised I'm starting their D...

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Witten or Julius Thomas ROS? .5 ppr

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I'm probably going to need Carson Palmer to score a few points if I'm going to have a chance here......

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Benne posted:

If you spend waiver priority chasing Kyle Rudolph's one good game of the year you only have yourself to blame

In my .5 ppr league he's got 8.5, 10.6, 16.5. I'd call that 3 good games out of 3. I'm not saying I'm spending waiver priority on him but at what point is it a trend? I also like that a lot more than a lot of these TE's who have a 20 point game and a 3 point game.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Are the Jets a sneaky play on defense this week. They have a good defensive line on paper and a Wilson is likely playing hurt. Plus they're at home.

Nothing else looks like a great option. I don't think I trust Washington against Cleveland as much as some would tell me to...

My plan to grab Minnesota was foiled by someone using a waiver on a defense.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Papes posted:

Not a lot of quality streaming options that are likely to be on available.

Redskins
Bengals
Colts

Desperation play that I think could pay off this week
Chargers

I'm taking a flyer on NYJ at home against the Seahawks with a possibly banged up Wilson. Hopefully CJ Spiller gets some carries.

I'm not feeling really great about it but in my brain it seems to make sense. Not sure if they are available in most leagues.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Tyrell Williams vs Crowder rest of season .5 ppr?

I need to drop one of them. Neither will likely ever get started on my team this is more of a just in case/which one will help my opponents less if they get picked up?

e: nevermind williams is the better own i think. i just dropped crowder.

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 30, 2016

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Should I drop Decker for Crowder in an 8 team league?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I started Stafford over Matt Ryan this week. HE WAS PLAYING THE BEARS!!!

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I need Diggs to stay within 9 points of Rudolph in order to pull out an unlikely victory. Toilet bowl! My opponent and I are the two lowest scorers of the week.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Quote is not edit

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Varg posted:

agiantfantasydump.jpg

In another league I need the Vikings defense to score less than 9 tonight.. cmon Eli don't throw a pick for once in your life please

looks kinda like my team. I started stafford, forte, hopkins and a bad defense (though not quite that bad) and had a few players pull their weight. I currently have Rudolph and somehow an 8 point lead. He has Diggs. Gonna be a nail biter.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Should I target Bilal Powell or Terrance West with my high waiver claim? I have Forte if that matters but I don't really feel like it should. .5 ppr

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Rashad Jennings, Gio, Decker, Hauschka

Which one should I drop for a kicker this week? .5 ppr 8 team league.

Hauschka is on bye. Should I drop any of them for Bilal Powell (I own Forte)

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

axelord posted:

Why not drop Hauschka for Powell now and see how the news on Forte goes over the week.

The practice reports should give an idea if the rumors about his injury is true. Worry about a kicker later in the week.

Usually no reason to hold a kicker on his bye

It's true but Hauschka is usually a pretty solid kicker. A "set it and forget it" type. I usually stream Kickers and don't have this problem. I guess I'll just let him go and keep an eye on things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Started Cousins but sat Crowder. Still feeling okay about it.

• Locked thread