Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I can't slow draft because I'll be in the Bahamas & Santa Barbara on my honeymoon for two weeks
:cry:
(humblebrag)

Also that podcast list may need an overhaul.

Fantasy Underground is out, Harris Football Podcast is in(sufferable).

Fantasy Footballers may be better than any podcast in the OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Oh God Cheating for Charity is going to be 20 teams next year isn't it

:stonk:

And the best part is you can cheat in the finals to steal away the title.

Like me. Technically the league champ.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

If the slow draft starts a week from Sunday or later I am down, like always. But I know there will be another one otherwise.

There's always another one.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

There are few things I fear more than a goon dynasty league and I say this as an official member of the FSWA.

loving horrifying.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Bold RB prediction:

Eddie Lacy will be drafted where Zeke Elliott should be and vice versa.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Forever_Peace posted:

Fantasyfootballcalculator mocks have their current ADP in the mid 2nd, as RB8 and RB10 respectively. Though a lot of fantasy pundits have Zeke ranked #2-4, which seems stupid high for a rookie.

The one that seems crazy to me right now is DeMarco Murray @ TEN and CJ Anderson going significantly ahead of Dion Lewis, JStew, and Ryan Mathews, sometimes by multiple rounds.

Yeah fantasy football calculator have their ADPs really close now but ADPs in May are basically useless to August drafting. Sites launching Zeke into top 3-5 RB rankings is going to make it so every little thing has to break right for him to live up to his draft investment.

Ryan Mathews is going to be the steal of the draft. And it's me, the guy who hates CJA again. Daniel Jeremiah said Booker is already the best back in that backfield.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

lmao Brad Evans just dropped a post that boils down to "if you don't want to take Zeke in the first you're a big ol pussy"

He also is the guy with David Johnson as RB #1

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

Is that Joique Bell line a full game with no injury?

That line is every Joique Bell full game line

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

This is correct and also do not touch rookie TEs with a ten foot pole.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Oh whoops dynasty. Ignore my rookie TE thing and make it "don't bail year one because rookie TEs are useless"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Unless the Jags drastically un-retard themselves and give Yeldon goal-line carries, his upside will be limited. I mean poo poo, they gave Shoelace and Gerhart like a billion goal-line carries last year.

They went and got Chris Ivory, so I don't think they've un-retarded themselves.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The only reason to listen to The Audible is Sigmund Bloom (but what a reason) :swoon:

Also not conventional but Back Yard Banter Podcast by Matt Harmon is really cool (interviews with FF writers)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Around the NFL is top notch stuff. Might be my favorite podcast.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The Zeke hype train is out of loving control.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I wrote a thing about the Ezekiel Elliott Hype Train:

http://theinscribermag.com/sports/fantasy-football-beware-the-ezekiel-elliott-hype-train.html

I honestly think the Cowboys are going to take it easier with Elliott because they need a direction with the offense after Romo dies. A poo poo-ton of offensive lineman and a foundational back could run the NFCE for years as long as they don't run him into the ground this year.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Holy poo poo Mike Evans only caught two red zone passes (both TDs) last year.
:eyepop:

At 6'5" 230, that's uhh... not good.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Upon further review, Mike Evans had fewer red zone targets than Cole Beasley and Richard Rodgers (1 per game started) and only caught 2. He also did all this without ASJ so I don't know about TD regression.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I said to start taking a really good kicker like Gostkowski a couple rounds early because everyone else will be taking a K & DEF in the last two rounds so if you take them in the third or fourth to last round your dumb sleeper TE you drop week three will still be there.

and goons laughed

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

MFL10 ADP since May 10:

:stare::stare::stare::stare: Zeke at seven

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

If everything, and literally everything breaks his way he's worth a first-round pick. If the Cowboys baby him in the slightest. Like, say, not pound him at the goal line because they have a monstrous back on a one year contract, then he isn't worth the first round pick.

Also he's not sexy so people are overlooking him (and he's in danger of sliding down draft boards due to his lack of sexiness), but go get AJ Green in the second if he's there. Literally the only WR to have 1000 yards each of the last five seasons.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 05:16 on May 24, 2016

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Don't draft tight ends.

Don't reach for Reed.

Don't reach for anyone tbh. Don't reach.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Veritek83 posted:

Don't draft.

Only use waivers.

Only after week 6.

p. good advice to be fair

And when I say don't reach I mean don't overdraft a player based on what you think he is. If you think Reed is worth a first overall pick go for it, don't think he's worth a third rounder and take him in the second because ~reasons~.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Jordan Reed's ADP in the last two weeks is round 4, Delanie round 6. There are plenty of value TEs though..

ASJ, Ebron, Ertz, Bennett are all double digit round ADPs since May 10.

You also have potential deep dive guys like Tye and Walford that are virtually undrafted.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The thing about midrange TE2s is they're functionally indiscernible from like the #8 TE in preseason.

By the way I'm very glad this thread is picking up steam. Debating fantasy football is my jam.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Coleman is a better runner than Freeman is so hard to compare and I don't get the constant beat of that. Coleman is faster, yes, and has a bit more wiggle in his game than Freeman, but it might as well be two hand touch for how fast Coleman goes down or runs out of bounds compared to Freeman. Plus whenever he had a great run he would fumble.

I just rewatched every run for Coleman and Freeman in week one last year and it reinforced this to me. Coleman's 20 yard run in that game was a joke, it was a play action on their own goal line and Philly just ate poo poo hard on it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I'm working on a thing about TEs and lol

Kyle Rudolph, 2013-2015
ADP: TE 9.67

Per Game Stats
TE 24

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Forever_Peace posted:

Bottom Line
My personal take on this info is that Freeman is no slouch, is great in the passing game, and is evaluated as the better pass-blocker. But Coleman is probably the better runner (though small sample size etc etc). I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets in the ballpark of 150-200 carries this year (assuming he stays healthy). That’s enough to drop Freeman’s value out of the first round or two for me.

This was very helpful, FP. You should get into fantasy sports writing. This kind of RB stuff might become the Reception Perception of RBs.

Also 200 carries is a ton for Coleman... I don't know if he can hold up to that. 150 is definitely on the table.

Dandy Kaiser posted:

It's almost as if Kyle Rudolph is not good at football and TEs are dumb and bad

Well the title of the article is "On Tyler Eifert's Injury and Why Tight Ends Don't Matter" :ssh:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Brad Evans has DJ as RB #1 so what I'm saying is stop talking to your friend because he's an idiot fucker.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

*lights Dandy Kaiser signal*

http://theinscribermag.com/sports/fantasy-football-2016-on-tyler-eiferts-injury-and-why-tight-ends-dont-matter.html

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Suave Fedora posted:

Hyde vs the Vikings last season in Week 1 was probably the most exciting begin to a season I've ever had.

Imagine being there as a Hyde owner and a 49er season ticket holder!

Now imagine the rest of the season.

... :(

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Cam Brate is a scrub tier street FA and Mike Evans can't catch a red zone target to save his life. ASJ supremacy, ladies and gents.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

:angel:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

It's some seventh grade poo poo where a friend and I saw the letters in one of those busy work word searches to teach you about science somehow. It looked like a real word so we went with it. It's not a real word in any sense so it's really however your heart desires.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Anywho, I'm about to write an article that's basically FF for newbies (the site I write for is primarily a lifestyle site). I'm thinking:

- K/DST late
- stream QBs or get 2 of the QB 10 - 15 range (QBs would be how I would explain VBD)
- handcuffs
- importance of RBs
- what is PPR?

Anything else I might be overlooking? I'm pretty much the fantasy football guy so I have no one to bounce anything off of there that's of any value.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Thanks guys. You gave me enough material for like three articles!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I still can't believe CJA in the first was a thing

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Josh Gordon still huh.........................

Huh

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I'm putting together a piece called "ADPs That Make No Sense" and Dion Lewis is the reason why. Total steal.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I haven't gotten to WRs... Cobb has a round 5 ADP?! Can I change my answer. I'm hoovering up as many Cobbs as I can.

And that was when I thought Cobb was round 3/4.

(Edit: full disclosure I haven't looked at a lot of rankings or ADP data because I'm trying to do as much as I can on my own thought process)

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jun 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

PPR Backs?

"Don't you forget about me. Don't don't don't. Don't you. Forget about me." - Theo "Ridic" Riddick

• Locked thread