Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Also I can't find the tweet but apparently the Pats have had more weekly RB1s in the last few years than any other team. So if they go Lewis all day everyday and do away with Belichicanery he's golden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I think that was him with Luck prorated over the season.

Edit: yeah it is. Bad tweet.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

draft_helium.png

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Yeeeeeeesh ASJ.

All aboard Eric Ebron Hype Train :toot:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

F_P confirmed Josh Gordon stasher

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I'd draft Hitler into my fantasy team if he has a 5.0+ YPC

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

To put it more succinctly, in fantasy I don't root for players I root for number generators

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Brees in the 7th/Moncrief in the 8th is going to happen to me an embarrassing number of times if I can pull it off.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

What's worst, his hands, knees or hairline?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Anyone telling you this Breshad Perriman injury means good things for Steve Smith is a liar and a charlatan and you should kick him in the junk immediately:

http://i.imgur.com/7gc6jt1.jpg

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

RVProfootballer posted:

I haven't seen anyone say that. Mostly it seems to be people thinking Chris Moore is the guy to own (they're dumb) or that now Aiken is at minimum the WR2 on the team and best case the WR1 if Steve Smith is old and bad now (smart guys, like me).

fantasy football twitter is getting all flustered over Steve Smith's 2015 numbers like he got a hang nail

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Torrey Smith gonna get hella targets and has a 14th round ADP

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

RVProfootballer posted:

You misspelled Deandre Smelter and uhh Quinton Patton (or was I thinking of Bruce Ellington?). Alright yeah, Torrey probably will do something this year.

Is Gabbert really going to start over Kaep, though? Isn't he, like, awful?

49ers takes:

Quinton Patton is a dumb piece of poo poo. I loved Patton when he was drafted but he's done nothing but show he's a loving moron.

Bruce Ellington is super athletic but is kind of small (5'9", 197). He'll be good for some trickeration but with the NFC West moving towards that bigass safety/MLB combo secondary player, he's going to get snapped in half because he can't just run past that guy like he can traditional MLBs in the slot.

Blaine Gabbert is bad, but so is Colin Kaepernick. Gabbert is the "favorite" to start but Kaepernick literally just started throwing from his surgeries. He's lost a ton of muscle mass so maybe he won't rifle poo poo at people anymore. Who knows. It's a question mark. Don't listen to Grant Cohn about the bullshit with the 49ers rooting against Kaepernick because there were no pictures of him at minicamp on 49ers.com

Don't forget, Nick Foles, who is about to lose a roster spot to Case Keenum, was good under Kelly.

Also the #1 WR in Kelly's offense had 126, 143 and 117 (in 15 games) targets.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jun 12, 2016

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Dexter McCluster is BSOHL personified

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

BUT DANDY KAISER I WAS ALREADY ALL THE WAY IN

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Did they do a hand transplant too

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

RVProfootballer posted:

Or, ya know, a bunch of experts that have Perriman between Doctson and Shepard, so somewhere around 1.04 or 1.05. I don't have to agree with it, but consensus is absolutely that he's worth a mid 1st.

Only one of those rankers have updated their ranks in the last week, so the news that Perriman may just have lovely knees isn't accounted for.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

RVProfootballer posted:

Oh yeah, I know. But that's how people viewed him assuming he'd be healthy this year, so assuming he does recover fine (not the safest assumption haha), seems like that's about where he'll be. Then when he gets 300-400 of Flacco's targets and can bust out a 100 catch red shirt rookie year, I'll sell him for all the 1st rounders.

He's gonna need 400 targets to catch 100 footballs

(because he can't catch you see)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I'm currently getting tut tutted and lectured on Twitter because I don't think ODB should be picked over AB84.

Why do I discuss this poo poo outside this thread.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Because ODB had 11 "Quality Starts" (he never explained what that meant) to AB84's 10. He didn't see this as a feather in AB84's hat because of the poo poo QB play he had to live with last year. He kept harping on the fact that ODB had more, completely missing my point that he managed only one more than AB84 when AB84 had to deal with Landry Jones and Mike Vick.

He seems to think that Ben is going to suddenly miss 4+ games a year and it will crush AB84's value.

He kept telling me you draft for floor at the beginning of the draft and ODB represents a higher floor, despite the fact that AB84 is Mr. Consistency.

So he had a point but completely misused his data.

I didn't even get to use the bullets in my gun:
- Martavis downgrade to Coats/Wheaton means he gets leaned on more
- Giants passed to the TE a lot more in the RZ at the end of last season
- Sterling Shepard is going to steal ODB's "only game in town" WR status
- The Steelers offense might end up the best in the AFC.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jun 15, 2016

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Hi fellas the last 30 posts is why I love you all. You're not morons and can actually debate this poo poo intelligently.

A Quality Start for each of you.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

After the 49ers jettison poo poo hands Vance McDonald, a Blake Bell offense will lead the 49ers, and your fantasy team, to glory.

Nah I'm just joking it's actually STUDFELD

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Belldozer is a long term play let's be clear here. The Niners won't have Yo Gabbert Gabbert forever.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

My favorite Richard Rodgers statistic is that he got like 12% of his fantasy points on the season from that Hail Mary against Detroit.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The following information is being presented without any filtering or reaction:

Tajae Sharpe ahead of DGB on the early depth chart.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Okay now I can react :laffo: DGB :laffo:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

How do we know his athleticism plays when he doesn't

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Same except Kendricks over Thompson

Maybe Jarius Wright if you love Kendricks for summer reason

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Gruden was basically like yep Jones is our back... oh god please don't fumble it you butter fingered putz. I wouldn't cut any RB in dynasty who has a short path to starting this year.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Dandy: keep garbage pos football man CJ Spiller

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

VietCampo posted:

If you don't believe this man here's some help

Aaron Rodgers - Getting up there in age and father time will soon catch up
Le'Veon Bell - Had a terrible PCL tear and likes to smoke pot
Odell Beckham - Temper problems and has a history with hamstring injuries
Mike Evans - Has severe butteryitis
Martavis Bryant - Has an even worse history of injecting marijuanas

See if you can swap these guys out for the following. You may have to sweeten the pot

Aaron Rodgers + 2017 1st - I'm thinking you can get a young upside guy here. I'm thinking Tom Savage would be a nice play in a trade.
Le'Veon Bell - Are you familiar with DaJuan Harris? He's got some sweet dreads and if Carlos Hyde and Shaun Draughn go down, cha-ching! Chip Kelly offense baby!
Odell Beckham - Cut him outright. His value is gone now that he faces Josh Norman 2x/yr.
Mike Evans - Too many WR could be a problem. Try moving him straight up for his teammate and future 1.01 pick, Charles Sims.
Martavis Bryant - Here me out here. Aaron Hernandez. Hernandez is seeking a retrial and may just beat this thing. Pulling off this trade will be a killing (allegedly)!

Hope this helps!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

If you slash Brown's targets to 166 for no reason other than you want to, he still has more targets than OBJ did in 2015.

Also OBJ ain't getting more targets this year with Shep and their increased use of the TE in the passing game at the end of last season bleeding into this year.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/743881544784293888?s=09

To stoke flames

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

What if AB kicks another punter in the face and he gets suspended

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

What if OBJ catches the Kardashian Kurse (tm)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The only issue with Harmon's methodology is that the Seahawks are probably going to be passing way, way, way, way, way, way way way waywaywayway less than the "oh poo poo down 30" Jags.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

89 it doesn't matter who you draft because you're going to trade your entire roster by Week 4 of preseason anyways.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Working on an opportunity index for WR by analyzing lost WR production and the following teams lost literally no WRs who had a catch for them last season:

Tennessee
Arizona
Chicago
Dallas
Jacksonville
Tampa Bay

The following five teams lost the most FPPG to FA (standard)
Detroit
Cleveland
Cincinnati
New York Giants (Roob WUT)
Green Bay (James Jones :lol:)

1-2-3 not surprising but 4 shocked me. I didn't realize Randle had so much production

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 25, 2016

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

JM also has an alligator arms problem and can't hold onto the ball while getting hit which register fewer official drops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Metapod posted:

Eric Decker

https://www.fantasypros.com/2016/01/fantasy-football-lessons-learned-wrte/

"Don’t forget about Eric Decker
In his last two years in Denver as a real-life WR2, Eric Decker produced 24 total touchdowns. After he left for the Jets and a big payday, he dropped down to five touchdowns as defenses keyed in on him. With the addition of Brandon Marshall to the Jets’ passing attack, Decker is back as the second wide receiver. With Ryan Fitzpatrick and Chan Gailey, Decker produced 12 touchdowns this season without a massive multi-touchdown game to buoy his numbers. He will likely be criminally underrated next season, and isn’t going to get the respect that his 80 receptions, 1,027 yards and 12 touchdown line should receive.

- Some Fantasy Football Super Genius"

• Locked thread