Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
As a Demarco owner, trying to pry Derrick Henry away from his owner is going about as swell as I imagined it would be.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Nov 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Suave Fedora posted:

As a Demarco owner, trying to pry Derrick Henry away from his owner is going about as swell as I imagined it would be.

Current offer is his DHenry + Snead for my ARob in .5 ppr.

I'm pushing for DHenry + Randall Cobb for ARob, but initial thoughts?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I own Demarco and pooped my big boy pants last weekend when he pulled up in the first half.

I traded Corey Coleman + Gills for DHenry +Snead. .5 ppr

Owning two NO WRs (Cooks) makes me feel yucky but I got what I wanted. Now only if ARob can be as productive or better than Coleman for RoS, I will go from feeling yucky to feeing OK with life.

But for now I will be yucky.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

pubic works project posted:

It's a great feeling when you fall asleep early and then wake up to find that your QB and WR1 have dropped 54 combined.

This but WR1 and K for 41 :feelsgood:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Good Work You Get An HIV posted:

What do you guys think about DuJuan Harris who looked okay in the committee last week and is slated to do more work.

Especially if Hyde doesn't come back

He's my RB2 this week as a spot-start, regardless of Hyde's status but more so because I don't have an available back.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Sataere posted:

He will still move Hyde and has shown interest in Hill. Wentz / Hill for Hyde seem solid?

Yeah I'd do that.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

Thanks to the chatter in this thread this week I found he was available in one of my pubbie leagues. Granted this is a league with at least two players who have guys on bye and IR starting every week - nobody gives a poo poo about free pubbie ESPN leagues. I only really do them because I enjoy drafting.

But yeah, ESPN has him owned in just 52.7% of leagues, with an uptick of 12.8% this past week.

I'd pay more attention to a dataset that somehow stripped out non-competitive leagues so that we could get a more realistic view of ownership.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Sataere posted:

Now queue Bernard going down got the season. :v:

As a Gio owner on 1 ppr, that would warm the cockles of my heart.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

Managing the appropriate mix of risk (which handcuff considerations are part of) is probably the hardest part of season-long fantasy. A lot of factors go into it - scoring, starter composition, league size, bench size etc.

There are actually a lot of situations where I think having a handcuff is really valuable.

Thanks for this. You have a terrific way of quantifying & qualifying what we often just brush off as just hunches or "feelings".

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I am in a position of negotiation strength with the next best team in the league but am I wondering if I should hold onto his handcuffs or try to get his Gore for them.

1 ppr

He (5-4) has McCoy, Hyde, Gore and 2nd most PF after my team (7-1).

I have Gio, Crow, Dion, RKelley, Gills, DuJuan Harris.

I should get to the playoffs just fine with my QB and WRs however I'm wondering if it would be more advantageous to hold onto his high-value handcuffs or should I try to get Gore, who would minimally-start on my team over Crowell? I would essentially be making his ground-game injury-proof and I kinda like being in that position.

The difference in production between Gore and Crow is 1.5 ppg. They are ranked 8 and 9.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
My waiver wire claim didn't go through last night.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Wentz vs Atlanta or Brees vs Denver

CMike or Duke Jr. I'm stuck on this one these are my only choices with Coleman and Rawls still down.

Both 1 ppr.

The start/sit thread is over there but because I'm not a total neckbeard:

Brees (DEN secondary is banged up)

CMike but I think you can pick up a better waiver option like Bibbs, DuJuan Harris, RKelley or Barber?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

RBX posted:

I'm surprised nobody has talked about stashing Tony Room.

Tony Room could be a wash against Prescott's reliability.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
They is a dumby

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Sweeper posted:

I never trust players on their first week back, too easily benched to let them ease back in

This is both true and good advice.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

tadashi posted:

I'm trying to use Carson Wentz to trade for an RB2 who plays in week 14 (so not Titans or Browns) in a .5 PPR league. Any ideas of what kind of quality of RB I should angle for (looking for names, I guess)?

You're not getting an RB2 for Wentz unless it's to an Eagles homer.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

pubic works project posted:

Ugh I don't like keeping two defenses, especially when one is regressing big time.

I have KC and Minnesota. I'm leaning towards keeping KC. Thoughts?

A bad offense can cost a good defense. That said, MIN should get better with a return to dink dunk. I still like KC better overall and would be comfortable dropping MIN for a startable asset like Meredith.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

RCarr posted:

Is Prosise or Rawls the guy to own?

Prosise this week, Rawls the RoS

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Mikey Purp posted:

No Procises available in my league, so is Cam Meredith worth burning #1 waiver priority over?

No

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

They look like a great DST to keep.

That said should I consider the Pats? Their schedule is ridiculous.

Pats are a solid streaming option this week. I haven't looked beyond that.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Look beyond that...

Week 11: @SF
Week 12: @NYJ
Week 13: LA
Week 14: Bal
Week 15: @Den
Week 16: NYJ

That's a pretty amazing schedule. They've been dogshit the last few weeks because they've faced reasonably competent offenses; Cincinatti (before they fell apart), Pittsburg, Buffalo, and most recently Seattle.

Yeah that's pretty swank. I'm looking to add them if I have deadweight but otherwise I'll try to add them next week.

This week my streamer pick was NYG vs CHI. Second and third options were NE, DET.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Nov 16, 2016

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Everyone's getting a little trumpy itt

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

Unlike the rest of these losers, I have the best rosters, though. With all of the best players, high-energy players.

This season is going so smoothly.

I know more about football than, other team managers do, believe me. Julio will bomb the poo poo out of them.

:smugdon:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

VietCampo posted:

Someone slap me so I don't continue to consider putting in Bortles against Det over Carr against Houston.

Abortles put up 17.7 against HOU last week. Carr will be fine.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Let me lay this nugget of doubt on all you all

re: Chiefs: Weeks 13 and 14 they go up against @ATL and OAK.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Read this, found it interesting. About Rodgers' slump and how he is being all goony and angsty with his family.

http://www.businessinsider.com/aaron-rodgers-hasnt-spoken-to-family-in-2-years-2016-11

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Realtalk: I can't remember the last guy who tore his hamstring. What's the long term view on these?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Gobias Ind. posted:

Amari/Crowder

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Rick Grimes posted:

ESPN league users, answer me a question here. My trade offer was accepted on Wednesday, and according to the league page, trades have a 1 Day review. Does this mean that the league members have 24 hours to vote for or against it?

Because if that's the case, I'm going to have some words with the commish in that league. As it was mysteriously vetoed about an hour ago.

Fantasy :argh:

Possibly unrelated but our commish will push through trades that included TNF players because every time both trading partners didn't take that into consideration.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

The true spirits of Fantasy:

• The Ghost of Fantasy Past, who visits to show you how happy you were right after your draft, when all of your promising young players were healthy and going to be great, and your idiot opponents had blown their picks on dumb bad jerks
  • The Ghost of Fantasy Present, who shows you the tattered remnants of that once-promising crew; the players on IR, the players you traded away or dropped right before they suddenly got good, the players you're agonizing over whether to start or not because they got 18 points two weeks ago but only 4 last week, and your 6-7 record that you could still theoretically get you to the playoffs if you win the next two games and five other teams lose their games
  • The Ghost of Fantasy Future, who shows you a vision of where this is all going... you're in twelve leagues, you spend 7.5 of your 8 working hours every day loving around on fantasy websites instead of doing your job, you have and can elaborately defend an opinion on more than two dozen different fantasy football online commentators, you listen to fantasy football podcasts during your grinding commute. Nobody will watch football with you any more because they can't stand how you insist on watching 8 games simultaneously every Sunday, scream at the TV whenever your IDP guy gets held without drawing a flag, and won't shut the gently caress up about fantasy loving football for ten minutes when they're trying to have a conversation with you about any goddamn thing else. You're playing daily fantasy for real money that you actually kind of need to pay the mortgage next month, you're making spreadsheets to print out so you can track all your guys every week while watching all the games, and you're seriously considering starting to attend college games just to scout out draft picks for next year, even though you hate college ball.

It's not too late, goons. You can still change. The dark vision of the future is still unfixed... you can still quit whenever you want, buy a big turkey for tiny tim, and prove to your girl that you're still interested in going outside (and not to the game, just like... a hike or whatever), listening to the radio (not talk radio about football, but like... music), doing your goddamn job at work and earning promotions and raises, having friends, and being happy and well-adjusted.

:effort:

:golfclap:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I'm playing Malcolm Mitchell over ARob and ain't even no thang

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

RCarr posted:

I'm starting Mariota in both my playoff matchups. I'm very ascared.

Don't like this for you.

Against KC, AT KC, with frigid temps, yyeeaaah low-scoring affair with high chance of turnovers.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
One of our league managers died in Week 14.

So at least you're not that guy

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Spoeank posted:

So by how many points is the dead guy running away with this week

He beat my wife last week but I beat him this week to make it to the next round.

Legit conflicted how I should feel about that. Just to make sure he's not waiting for me when I die, if I win the Super Bowl I'm sending his kids a Toys R Us gift card.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Swarmin Swedes posted:

Defense question

Go with
NYG @ PHI
Green Bay vs MIN
San Diego @ CLE

Also is Forte droppable, if so which two should I grab to block my opponent?

All seem like pretty solid options but can't figure out which one is my best bet

Packers, Chargers, Giants in order
All sound streaming options

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Jordan Reed is fantasy roster cancer

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

I'm torn on Olsen vs Ladarius

Olsen has been a huge disappointment for me, I can't believe I blew a 4th on him

I'm trusting Olsen this week over Eifert.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

BigFactory posted:

Do I drop Brandon Marshall to pick up ty Montgomery?

Hope you did. He ain't getting jack from Bryce Petty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Please give a round of applause for your LA Chargers

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/819376593734946816

Not only will LA sport two football teams two years after having zero, both are related to goats.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jan 12, 2017

• Locked thread