Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Did someone ask about when you should draft a TE because I thought we already decided that the only correct answer is never

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

It's almost as if Kyle Rudolph is not good at football and TEs are dumb and bad

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Cervixalot posted:

Sometimes I think you are a bot that responds only to TE-related keywords

Hunter Henry

it's just an expression a robot expression

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

My friend is adamant that David Johnson is RB1 over LVB which I think is p funny but isn't necessarily anything more than a difference of preference, but when he says that he'd take him at 1.1 I'm like :psyduck:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

True facts put that poo poo on a Snapple cap

MrSargent posted:

I would say that thinking David Johnson is better than LVB is way more than a difference of preference and is actually borderline crazy. Johnson has started 6 NFL games and while yes he looked great, his stats are really padded by the monstrosity of a game he had against the worst run defense in the NFL. I think he will be a great RB but don't make the mistake of extrapolating 6 games across an entire season. I would definitely take him in the second, i just think he isn't a sure enough thing for a first rounder.

I mean, I agree with you wholeheartedly, but I also agree with Tiptoes, so I can't really hate on him for ranking DJ over LVB even if It's Wrong, but I just think that the idea that either of them (it's LVB) is even remotely close to worth being picked over AB/OBJ/Julio (he's not) is loving ludicrous

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 08:02 on May 28, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Double Post gently caress TEs

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

PREACH

all about ASJ this year

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Tiptoes posted:

Coby Fleener and Ladarius Green

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WEtxJ4-sh4

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm literally just as willing to bet that Ebron or ASJ will be a top-7 TE as I am willing to bet on Reed/Eifert/Kelce/Barnidge/Walker. Especially the first two since we're already willing to just assume their one healthy productive season isn't the outlier which is funny since Eifert is already hurt

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Ebron is going to have that one 50-500-10 season that makes people still draft Kyle Rudolph

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I always said Spo-yeank

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

So what you're saying is that I'm right

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

A big 72 pt font link to the TE article

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

- draft your starters before your bench.

QBs, TEs, K, D/ST not applicable

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

If you're in a return yards league, Jarvis Landry is a legit low-end WR1, dude was so money last year

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Yeah except Landry is already a WR2 that's mostly underdrafted and those 700 return yards push him into top-10 territory while his ADP still sitting at mid-range WR2

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Landry goes from 16 to like 8 and Lockett and Abdullah will still go late enough that you can target them and reasonably get them regardless of where you're drafting. Whereas, you may only get one shot at Landry because of your draft slot and if you're in a return yards league (especially PPR), you should totally "reach" on him because he's the BPA.

So basically, yes, we're both right but goddamn Jarvis Landry in a return yards league is a game changer.

As long as you don't get a CJA in the first :laugh:

:smith:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 4, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Spoeank posted:

I still can't believe CJA in the first was a thing

I had him in the 16th with Charles in the 12th, and Hill in the 8th for my three offensive players.Definitely changed my draft strategy and I ended up with AJ80 and sadness.

None of them are currently on my team and I'm entering the season with Jarvis Landry in the 1st; and Dion Lewis and Josh Gordon at FA (15-16th) as my only keepable players

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I WAS DESPERATE

e: I basically picked him up at the FA keeper deadline because I knew my team was barren

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jun 4, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Anyone who is down on Lewis, ask yourself, when was the last time Billy and the Pats signed a RB to a 3+ year contract extension?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

In RotoViz's most recent email, they said they were all in on Dion Lewis :getin:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Yeeeeeeesh ASJ.

All aboard Eric Ebron Hype Train :toot:

gonna catch so many TDs and do nothing else of note and then get drafted on reputation for the next half decade

See: Rudolph, Kyle

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

In Kyle's defense, football is really hard and not everyone can be good at it

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Someone dig up my morality in fantasy football effortpost from 2014

e: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3633185&pagenumber=370&perpage=40#post437427218

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jun 11, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Spoeank posted:

I'd draft Hitler into my fantasy team if he has a 5.0+ YPC

What I'm Saying Tho

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

MrSargent posted:

It more comes down to the rooting for X player factor.

I mean, that's precisely the issue that I'm getting down on. You root for Your Fantasy Team. Chances are that you're going to have some kind of rear end in a top hat on your team, and for you to pick and choose which kinds of douchebaggery that you condone in the name of a numbers game is pretty deeply steeped in hypocrisy. Either you're trying to win, or you're not. If you want to have a problem with what goes on out outside of the numbers, you need to be morally consistent. I hate myself for how much I love fantasy when I'm staunchly opposed to everything the NFL stands for and don't support them in any single instance, but I Guess I'm At Least Aware.

We're all terrible and no better than the people that we choose not to draft.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

yo

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

We are all bad and Hobbes was right

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Times when it's okay to have a Ravens skill position player:

- Jamal Lewis in 2003
- Jamal Lewis in 2006
- Uh Todd Heap That One Time

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i don't count ray rice because i have morally removed him from my memory

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Dion Lewis practicing, no knee brace, get in

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Quality starts are a dumb stat in the sport where they're actually a thing

what the gently caress is a quality start for a WR

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

shimmy shimmy ya fuckin crazy

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm pretty close to wanting OBJ over Julio though so let's not get crazy. Eli > Ryan and the Giants running game is pretty lackluster compared to Atlanta. Also, Atlanta are apparently wizards and just continually have a RuTD:PaTD ratio that's like 2 standard deviations above the mean

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

So when are we having the TAQ fantasy draft Spoeank vs. BFTBG vs. FHP for 1.1 will be the argument that tears us apart

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Unless it's a 2 QB or superflex league (e: or you're in some crazy 16+ team league), I don't see the point in keeping Smith when you have Rodgers, that's an easy drop for me that I'd make before even thinking about who the other 4 should be. If you're going to carry a backup, you should be trying to get younger anyway.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jun 17, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

He's only 32, is a fine mid/low QB2, a backup QB is required at least one week a year, and most importantly isn't Jarius Wright or Cecil Shorts. Even in an 8 team, 1 QB league, ~QB20 is more valuable than ~WR80 or 100 or wherever you'd out Shorts and Wright.

If there's 12 teams or less, it's nearly impossible to not replace his value without having to burn a keeper spot; if there's 14, it's a littler harder but definitely not impossible. Bonus points if you can get someone on the right side of 30 who can throw a football more than 12 yards.

I would love to know that league size and the protected/free agent QB pools, because I literally can't imagine that it's so barren than keeping Alex Smith to start one game a year is even remotely close to an intelligent thing to do. It's very likely that there's the Cutler/Flacco/Staffords of the world that are likely to not be kept either and you could grab one of them or Smith again in the draft or as a UDFA and be no worse for wear.

e: not saying that I wouldn't cut Shorts either, but Thompson and Spiller ( :lol: ) as a lottery ticket should easily have some more value at this present moment in time than an easily replaceable back-up QB that you will need for less than 7% of the season.

e2: It's disingenuous to say that a mid-to-low range QB2 is unilaterally valuable. If you're going to a QBBC or streaming, then yes, but if you have a bonafide QB1, you literally don't need a backup on your roster for any week except that guy's bye

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jun 17, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I guess I'm just of the opinion that if I have a top-end QB1, I would rather have a 1-in-1,000,000 lottery ticket in the pre-season than almost any back-up QB.

e: And if we're in agreement that there's likely better FAs available, there shouldn't be any reason to burn a keeper spot on a guy that you know you can easily replace.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 17, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

Holding Smith over Jarius Wright means the guy that has Luck or Flacco or Romo or Ben or whoever, had to rely on someone like Weeden or Cutler or Schaub or Kaep or some other schlub, even if just for a bye week of their backup QB or something

Fantasy Football 2016: Game Theory is the path to destruction

e: he was ~QB17 with Tyrod right on his rear end and Dalton, Cutler, and Roethlisberger not all that far behind, and was ~QB27 in PPG

Alex Smith is Not A Good Fantasy Quarterback

e2: QB16 in Yahoo, 2 points behind Tyrod and 2 ahead of Tannehill, QB27 in PPG

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Maybe I'm confused because that's what it sounds like? It's also not taking into account that on Rodgers' bye you're going to end up having to start Alex loving Smith who you probably could've improved upon in the draft and is now your best option because any better players than him that were out there were probably ignored because you didn't want to be the moron carrying 3 QBs

RVProfootballer posted:

Goddammit how'd I know

All back-up QBs are worthless if you have any QB on your roster who is QB7 or better.

quote:

Excellent, now argue why Jarius Wright or Cecil Shorts are worth more than this.

They aren't, but two RBs who don't have a lot of competition for passing down work on good offenses certainly are.

e: For the record, I would cut Smith, Hester, Shorts, Wright, and Kendricks of those players listed well before I'd cut Spiller, Thompson, or NYJ DEF

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jun 17, 2016

• Locked thread