Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Benne posted:

He doesn't even have the Kubiak Offense that made so many people hyped in the first place. Why is this guy still a thing?

Because fantasy football is dumb and people are sheep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Hopkins is gonna bounce back now that Osweiler is gone. Might be some value there if his draft stock doesn't get too high.

Dixon is suspended for four games so Woodhead should be a good pickup until he gets hurt again. Solid value opportunity.

Wentz2Jeffery doesn't have much of a ring to it but I'd expect Alshon to become an easy 2nd rounder now.

I don't DJax being much different. He's still a boom/bust player with an injury risk. Might be great for Evans though.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

Eddie Lacy went from a roster with a pretty good offensive line and had marginal success. He is now on a Seahawks team with an offensive line comprised mostly of defensive line washouts. That does not bode well.

Now consider your draft pick. The fifteenth pick this year might net you a pretty sweet running back. This draft is loaded at RB and TE. This offseason is not the time to be trading picks for older, questionable running backs.

So unless your leagues scoring bonuses are based on how many buffets your players hit before gameday or it has finally become legal for helmets to have cheeseburgers dangling from a stick, you should not be giving up anything of value for Eddie Lacy.

because he's fat

OTOH if someone thinks that the Seahawks are still the same as when they were in the Marshawn Lynch era then by all means take whatever you can get.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

Are you on the Feast Mode hype train? :)

Boom. Even has a catchy name.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Everybody Ertz... sometimes.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

Ok, I have a question. I've noticed grading systems tend to be numerical for players when ranking them. Where do these numbers come from? I'm sure some guys just create arbitrary numbers, but is there a methodology that is generally used by some in generating a grading system? Where would I be able to find info like that?

I'm planning on starting a football blog this summer, but I like the idea of breaking poo poo down from some quantifiable data.

For example, dynasty trade calculator has the 1.01 pick in dynasty valued at 32 points. Ezekiel Elliott is 48.8 points. Julio Jones is 52.9. Where did those numbers come from? How did they determine these values?

I think they're based off of value systems used in actual NFL drafts. Not sure where it came from but something like this.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I agree, although if trades are allowed I would see if anyone would be willing to give something for Ben. Like a mid round pick swap or something.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'm the guy picking a second year WR over TY Hilton now that Luck is on the mend.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Adrian Peterson will be a Saint. I guess that fucks over him and Ingram value wise.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
New thread starts after the draft. What should the title be?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Fantasy Football 2017: Moving closer to Vegas every day.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Not seeing any obvious picks out of the first. Fournette and McCaffrey maybe, but nothing like Elliott last year.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spoeank posted:

Corey Davis in round 7-9, 100% of the time

I'm guilty of historically ignoring the Titans, but yeah his position and lack of competition make it really promising. I particularly like the strength of Tennessee's offensive line and the significant threat of the run game. 7-9 sounds like a great spot to grab him.

Benne posted:

John Ross could be a late-round sleeper, depending on if he stays healthy and successfully gets past defenders focusing on A.J. Green. Then again, Andy Dalton isn't famous for his arm strength, so :shrug: Maybe wait and see if Ross/Dalton click in training camp.

As a Washington homer and the world's biggest John Ross fan (he retweeted me once!), I don't think the Bengals were an ideal spot for him.

I would say this is more a benefit for Green than anything really special for Ross. I see Ross as a DeSean Jackson type of player, which means a huge boom/bust situation. Would make a lot of sense for MFL10s though.

RVProfootballer posted:

Howard and Engram

As Spoeank indicated rookie TEs generally struggle, and TE itself is such a devalued position that I wouldn't want to spend any significant draft capital on them.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Silly Burrito posted:

I've got 1st pick in our 14 team draft with one keeper (likely Andrew Luck or not as likely, Michael Thomas). Barring another team dropping someone like David Johnson or Zeke, I honestly don't know how I would be able to avoid the temptation to grab Fournette.

A one keeper league basically means you re-arranged the first round and some people get shafted. Look at ADP. Andrew Luck is not a first round pick. Michael Thomas is an early 2nd round pick in a 14 team league. You avoid the temptation to draft a rookie RB on a team with a terrible offensive line and questionable (at best) QB play by drafting someone with a first round ADP that another player dropped.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
So what needs to be tweaked with the OP? Anything added or removed?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spoeank posted:

The Fantasy Footballers definitely should be added but I'm terrible at write ups

Also a link to every post in this thread that says don't draft a TE in a single digit round

Don't worry about a write-up, just let me know what needs to be tweaked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Get the gently caress out.

• Locked thread