Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
whoa aaron rodgers has a weekly show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Spoeank posted:

Anywho, I'm about to write an article that's basically FF for newbies (the site I write for is primarily a lifestyle site). I'm thinking:

- K/DST late
- stream QBs or get 2 of the QB 10 - 15 range (QBs would be how I would explain VBD)
- handcuffs
- importance of RBs
- what is PPR?

Anything else I might be overlooking? I'm pretty much the fantasy football guy so I have no one to bounce anything off of there that's of any value.

-"experts" are garbage, too
-in season management infinitely more important than draft

i think handcuffs are a beginner trap and probably wouldn't target noobs with a handcuff article

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Forever_Peace posted:

He's goes down kicking and screaming, but still goes down nonetheless.

same

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

just chiming into say that i am a huge fan of ODC rebranding as 3 dong horse

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Tiptoes posted:

Stop me if you've heard this one before: Christine Michael is being criminally underdrafted right now.

this is absolutely huge if true

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

kiimo posted:

Get Keuchley. Avoid Watt. Don't reach.

edit: also don't pay Fantasy Football Calculator money.

This site is for simpletons!

2 PPR :psyduck:

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Turns out my DropBox account was banned because over 100,000 BeerSheets were downloaded in a single day.

sorry beer that was me. i had 100,000 drafts that day so i needed 100,000 beersheets

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

MrSargent posted:

Are you doubting the TyGOD??

But yes, it would be silly to sit Cam Newton for him.

T-Mobile is already an excellent nickname, no need for this tygod bs

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Josh Gordon is a system WR who was propped up by the WR-whisperer Brian Hoyer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

I told my league I'm looking to pick up some kind of short-term RB help and was willing to trade away Watkins or Emmanuel Sanders.

Got two trade offers on my desk right now:

My Sanders for his James White
or
My Watkins for his Justin Forsett + Eddie Royal. (This trade I'd have to drop someone, probably Bilal Powell.)

I have Le'Veon Bell stashed, and I have Doug Martin on my bench, so I'm looking at starting DeAngelo Williams and (gulp) Fozzy Whittaker this week. And I've gone 0-2 already. I'm also carrying two tight ends now: I just benched Gates for Jordan Cameron, ugh. The waivers are absolutely picked clean in this 14-team PPR league.

I don't love either of these trades, but I like Royal's situation so far. Is Sanders really going to keep being ignored by the Denver passing game? Am I right in thinking Watkins is the guy to sell, even with a gimpy foot, if it gets me a couple weeks of startable RB production? My other WRs are Jordan Matthews, Sterling Shepard, Victor Cruz, Will Fuller, and we have two flex slots: one WR/RB and one WR/TE, so this is 14 teams all of which can start as many as four WRs.

• Locked thread