Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I hope Sadiq Khan's first act as London Mayor is to expel Zac Goldsmith from the city, preferably by catapult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Paxman sums up my feelings about 'weather news'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQx3OSRj23Y

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Universal Jobmatch is completely loving useless. Hardly any jobs on there, and those that are are usually zero hour poo poo I wouldn't touch with a bargepole.

It was a requirement that you use it to search for x amount of jobs, though. I didn't give them permission to access my account (and neither should anyone else). It's not required at all, regardless of how much they try to force it on you.

I would take in print outs. Eventually when it was apparent that wasting any significant time on that poo poo was pointless and actually counter-productive to getting a job I used used developer mode in the browser to edit the dates for the past two week period and looked for jobs elsewhere.

Eventually found one on a completely unrelated site.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Pissflaps posted:

How do you draw a line 'from Yorkshire'?

Draw it from where the tea comes from.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Just had an urgent phone call from my grandmother. She's apparently got very bad news about my sister. She was seen 'kissing a half-cast boy at a bus stop'

Yes, that's Malcolm. He's a very nice boy.

Glad to see racism is still very much alive and well in boomers :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Tesseraction posted:

Well, on the other side of the family they weren't. Kinda hard to be racist when you're racially discriminated against, mind.

You'd think so, but I've got grandparents who literally will not acknowledge my or my siblings existence, and completely disowned their son because he married a Romani.

Indian families are loving hardcore racists with stuff like that. Even when my dad was dying of cancer they refused to acknowledge him.

• Locked thread