Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

Hello all! I was wondering if anyone had any experience with crime scene cleaning.

I live in a small town and want to move back to civilization with my wife and start a new career. I used to know a couple crime scene cleaners when I lived in San Francisco (just bar buddies) who told me it paid well and also found it personally rewarding. Both stressed the importance and value of restoring a place after tragedy strikes, and that sentiment stuck with me.

A couple hours of internet research has led me to believe I can make $20 and hour to start, training will be provided or cost $1000 depending on the employer, and I will have to be away from home 3-7 days at a time. I will also be on call most of the time. Have I got that about right?

I have some non professional construction experience, lots of cleaning experience (restaurant based), I work out, and am very personable. Could this be the career for me and what else do I need to know before going in? Thank you all in advance, I look forward to reading any insights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

Bip Roberts posted:

Once you get up a good rep as a cleaner you just need to drum up some business by causing especially grizzly crimes and then rollin the bux cleaning them up.

Oh man, cool short story idea. Kinda like session 9.

I have a pretty strong stomach, but the more I think about it the worse 24/7 call time will be.

I'm trying to think of the gnarliest thing I ever had to clean, and I guess it's a fryer with five year old grease stalactites that seem to move if you stare at them long enough. I've moved roadkill off the road, but never had to handle a lot of animal corpses at once. The rat job volume mentioned sounds like something I could do, but I've never been in a hazmat suit before.

• Locked thread